This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, if you're going to IP ban people

Can't you at least bother to tell us first? Or provide a data transfer to servers you're telling people to go to because many international players spent a whole lot of money on this game?
    My account existed way before the VN server was even a thing, and my guildmates and friends are all on SEA, you can't just tell me to get out of SEA. You can't just force international players who spent years building their base here to go "back" to their local servers, ESPCECIALLY WITHOUT A WARNING. Is this supposed to be an attempt to ease the strain on your servers? Why should we have to start from scratch in a server we're not familiar in socially because of your incompetence? And why, just why in the fresh hell are you still not capable of communication like a sensible game publisher? If you can't handle managing so many servers, maybe consider not taking them in in the first place?
    You'll have what you asked for. Unless you come clear to us about this mess, just say good bye to a good chunk of your players. I love Dragon Nest, but I'm tired of a publisher who makes me feel like I don't belong, and can't even be forward about it.

You're a bit late to the whole thing somehow. The issue was raised a few weeks ago and was brought up in the project manager's live stream. The ban was due to business contracts between ED and other business partners to prevent legal action being taken against ED (I suppose?)
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Many players from America and Europe were gated from the game just today. That's how I found out, because I don't watch streams. Many people don't, in fact. Have they made any announcement on their official website (which I can't even access now), or even the Facebook page?

Comment

The Game stopped working with me too yesterday evening and I can't access the website either... I thought something is off with the servers..
        I didn't expect that I would be banned... What server should I play in then? I am from the Middle East, we had no local server here and I have been playing in the SEA Server for long time...

Comment

• nvLite
          nvLite commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in ME but can still access the game. Not sure if we are next tho, hopefully, not.

Originally posted by Xenocho View Post
        You're a bit late to the whole thing somehow. The issue was raised a few weeks ago and was brought up in the project manager's live stream. The ban was due to business contracts between ED and other business partners to prevent legal action being taken against ED (I suppose?)
        that might apply to the issue with VT server, but we, latin america plus brazil players are experiencing something similar rn. I believe none of us have a local server to justify this bs. IS IT TOO HARD FOR ED TO MAKE A PROPER ANNOUNCEMENT OR SOMETHING AT LEAST? let us transfer to the closest server in your hands at least... such things shouldn't happen in devs hands, but here we are... :I

I'm getting sick of this stuff happening since server transfer, it's way too disappointing I swear :U

Comment

I find it absolutely comical how they IP ban people from the website so that they can't even view the official notices regarding this matter, if any. I understand that their ultimate motive is to prevent people from downloading the client in the first place so that newcomers and returnees won't complain about being IP banned and unable to access the game, but there's a difference between IP banning your download page versus your entire main website.

Comment

I see. It seems like they are focused on 'fixing' these so called "issues." If there's one simple thing to do which I honestly find it baffling is the lack of announcements. It's really not that difficult....
            Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
            Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
            Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

I've gone back to look at the threads back when the VN players first voiced their concern, and now it seems like an even bigger mess. Hadn't there been Tasha's stream, would they have kept quiet about it for good? And relying on a real-time thing that people can miss like a livestream (it's especially bad conduct considering how it affects people in timezones where they're all the more likely to miss the stream) without any written announcement afterwards is beyond professional. It's just plain sinister.
              If they really thought it was harsh like Tasha said, why couldn't they offer us alternatives? Why didn't they announce this change during the transfer from CC to ED? It would've been the perfect time to let international players transfer to their respective local servers, if that's really what they want us to do with this IP ban. I can go to the VN server now and support the gaming industry in my own country, but what's the point? I can't even get in my account which I worked hard on for 5 years. They threw all the time and money we spent on this game over the years as if their players were guinea pigs. With the way CC treats us, I don't want to give them any more money. These publishers want money but don't even know how to earn it.
              I'm done. I'm tired. It's been really hard to keep myself enjoying the game recently, but I truly do love it and saying 'I quit' was really hard. But now, I quit. If any ED or CC exec is reading this, I hope y'all enjoy running yourself into the ground. This might just be thoughts from one lone player, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who was driven into this route. You don't deserve your own game title.

Comment

Well do not expect any good things about "announcement" because they all lack those from the first place the game started from level 24 cap till now (except when CC was the publisher, was still quite nice even though many mistakes were made...)

Even announcing the new weekly maintenance day wouldn't be a bother, like they didn't even told players about a maintenance on their client launcher, not all players see through their facebook pages, visits it and checks any notifications about the game, CC made a better job announcing those things than ED did just a few weeks from now just after relaunch.

Comment

This people clearly isn't giving any foks about our situation, mails have been sent, comments on their posts, forum entries, but we don't get anything, they're just playing the fools hiding their faces from this issue instead of actually facing us and telling wtf is going on. ED lacks of any kind of common sense, if they're doing this (as the fellow mate said before) to ease the servers traffic, they shouldn't had take the server from CC's hands cuz yeah they wasn't perfect, but at least they knew how to communicate mostly times, specially with delicate issues like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by kas23997 View Post
                    Can't you at least bother to tell us first? Or provide a data transfer to servers you're telling people to go to because many international players spent a whole lot of money on this game?
                    My account existed way before the VN server was even a thing, and my guildmates and friends are all on SEA, you can't just tell me to get out of SEA. You can't just force international players who spent years building their base here to go "back" to their local servers, ESPCECIALLY WITHOUT A WARNING. Is this supposed to be an attempt to ease the strain on your servers? Why should we have to start from scratch in a server we're not familiar in socially because of your incompetence? And why, just why in the fresh hell are you still not capable of communication like a sensible game publisher? If you can't handle managing so many servers, maybe consider not taking them in in the first place?
                    You'll have what you asked for. Unless you come clear to us about this mess, just say good bye to a good chunk of your players. I love Dragon Nest, but I'm tired of a publisher who makes me feel like I don't belong, and can't even be forward about it.
                    Stop being a Sissy,You shouldn't played in DN SEA they dont bother IP banning because its a SEA server in the first place. They are not entitled to announce anything.Why would they address the IP Ban if you hide your server by using VPN (VPN IS NOT ALLOWED IN DN)so mostly the networks listed on them are from SEA.Also Server is more stable now than ever, can play in High settings, no more Disconnection Issues.They Definitely fix the DC issue by removing accounts that are not legit.This accounts that are not from SEA are overlapping the server thats why most players from SEA Disconnect on game. ED made a good decision IP Banning to prioritize SEA players.
                    Last edited by Meatball29; 10-09-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Meatball29 Your point is invalid since the person you are quoting is from Vietnam, which is by every formal definition of the word a part of SEA. No one in this thread, including the one you are quoting, claimed to use a VPN. Additionally, if you are going to claim that VPNs are not allowed, be sure to back it up with where it is stated in the abuse policy.
                      Last edited by Riugа; 10-09-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatball29 View Post

Stop being a Sissy,You shouldn't played in DN SEA they dont bother IP banning because its a SEA server in the first place. They are not entitled to announce anything.Why would they address the IP Ban if you hide your server by using VPN (VPN IS NOT ALLOWED IN DN)so mostly the networks listed on them are from SEA.Also Server is more stable now than ever, can play in High settings, no more Disconnection Issues.They Definitely fix the DC issue by removing accounts that are not legit.This accounts that are not from SEA are overlapping the server thats why most players from SEA Disconnect on game. ED made a good decision IP Banning to prioritize SEA players.
                        Dragon Nest SEA is the Global server. The name change to SEA was to denote the location of the physical server but it was meant to remain open as an alternative to regions without localization.

https://www.facebook.com/dragonnests...85733598140804 Click image for larger version  Name:	dragonnest1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	95043

Note that this comment was made before the opening of the European server (but under CC Europe wasn't IP blocked).

Please refrain from making such comments and usage of rude language.

I also feel the need to remind you all that VPNs were allowed, in fact Cherry Credits advertised WTFast as a mean to play Dragon Nest SEA. However I can't say what's Eyedentity's stance in the usage of VPN.
                        Last edited by Verbena; 10-09-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Meatball29
                          Meatball29 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          you insist its 2017 but clicking the Address it shows that was posted on 2011 so its outdated and invalid.

• Arkhaez
                          Arkhaez commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The image / link he provided is to show proof that "DN SEA was advertised as the global server back in 2011" and still is as of this year. That information is not invalid.

[QUOTE=Riugа;n95040]Meatball29 Your point is invalid since the person you are quoting is from Vietnam, which is by every formal definition of the word a part of SEA. No one in this thread, including the one you are quoting, claimed to use a VPN. Additionally, if you are going to claim that VPNs are not allowed, be sure to back it up with where it is stated in the abuse policy.[/QUOT
                        a
                        how my point is invalid?im not pertaining on vietnam im pertaining players from NA,EU also a friend of mine is from vietnam still can play. Well Tasha Addressed VPN is not allowed its not in the abuse policy but it is stated in the game rule.also he didnt mention he is from vietnam based from his comments he is from international or outside of SEA.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbena View Post

Dragon Nest SEA is the Global server. The name change to SEA was to denote the location of the physical server but it was meant to remain open as an alternative to regions without localization.

https://www.facebook.com/dragonnests...85733598140804 Click image for larger version Name:	dragonnest1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	95043

Note that this comment was made before the opening of the European server (but under CC Europe wasn't IP blocked).

Please refrain from making such comments and usage of rude language.

I also feel the need to remind you all that VPNs were allowed, in fact Cherry Credits advertised WTFast as a mean to play Dragon Nest SEA. However I can't say what's Eyedentity's stance in the usage of VPN.
                          You are outdated that was posted in 2011 what year is it? And ED doesnt allow it since there are legal issues.The ban was due to business contracts between ED and other business partners to prevent legal action being taken against ED

Comment

Working...
                          X