Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do we know devs or atleast moderators would consider looking up our suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do we know devs or atleast moderators would consider looking up our suggestions?

read title.

so, i thought of this thoroughly, what if the time we spent on making and compiling a topic here on this section... was just in vain? not knowing if developers or any moderators who could actually try and pick a certain topic here, make the devs look at it and read it, make some changes over it, balance it out, and if afterwards it is implemented, maybe give credit to that person who made the topic, or thank everybody who has been a part of the forum and gave out topics that helps them further improve the game and keep entertaining the people.

no i do not demand rewards such as free EYET or DNP or a particularly hard to get item ingame, just wanted for people to have what they deserve to get, credits for the idea they shared, the time spent to make the topic, each press of a button, each brain cells damaged and withered, each time their eyes blink, all of it was worth the effort

Truth is there is really no guarantee. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I sometimes see a Moderator responding (Kudos to Verbena ). Rarely, I see someone with a GM title respond (forgot his/her handle name). I am not drawing flak or anything here but I preferred how CC handled the forums, where there are a number of Mods responding to posts.

For suggestions, I am highly pessimistic that DNKr Devs will hear our suggestions (unless they are and are not giving ample credit to the suggestion-makers). The only instance where a GM/Mod will forward topics are on in-game bug fixes and the like. Though, as I have seen recently, PD Kim (I think) of the DNKr management is using Facebook to provide teasers and is actively participating in DN Conferences. Maybe this is the start of a budding effective Developer to Player conversational method. But, for now, we cannot really tell. Unless they give credit to people, one cannot surely say that the Devs are hearing our pleas.

Comment

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      giving credit is necessary, even without giving them rewards ingame for that astounding topic they have posted and helped ED develop something that would bring new stuff ingame, i'd say they don't have to complain at all

Either they're busy because of so many changes and bugs to fix or they really don't care at all.
    To be honest i also don't feel comfortable with ED.
    But for now relax and give them the benefit of the doubt
    We'll find out more in the upcoming months...

Then we can say "ED YOU SUCK!!" I'll even help you with that
    Last edited by darkb1ader; 10-16-2017, 08:39 AM.
    Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      people who complain too much and then bad mouths the one giving you the entertainment is like biting the hands of the ones who feeds you

I'm reading, but I won't go into details.

All I can say is that if you suggestion is too time consuming to program with little pay off, too time or resource consuming to keep, would noticeably take a tool in the server or player's systems, would greatly increase client size, it's self-servicing ("something overly specific that is what >I< want not what I think players will like or will benefit from"), or would greatly hurt profits ("increase character slots by 50" when we have a cash shop items that does that), or plain impossible given engine limitations/server capacity/online features/legality/etc. consider it rejected.
    Last edited by Verbena; 10-17-2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbena View Post
      I'm reading, but I won't go into details.

All I can say is that if you suggestion is too time consuming to program with little pay off, too time or resource consuming to keep, would noticeably take a tool in the server or player's systems, would greatly increase client size, it's self-servicing ("something overly specific that is what >I< want not what I think players will like or will benefit from"), or would greatly hurt profits ("increase character slots by 50" when we have a cash shop items that does that), or plain impossible given engine limitations/server capacity/online features/legality/etc. consider it rejected.
      i agree, i did thought of having topics related to cash shop items that would both benefit the company and the players at the same time but that would be exclusive for players who spends real cash for ingame currency, as far as i know majority of players would definitely complain about it so i always avoid posting topics something related to "paying-to-gain" stuff, but i will try my best to suggest something that would benefit both parties without hurting the economy of the game, and adding more "lag" as well such as certain suggestions of mine... hehe

thanks for the tip

Comment

And thanks for being so thoughtful.

I can't say myself just how much player's ideas have an impact in design choices of the game or how many features implement since opening have been based on those designed by players themselves, but if you have been following conferences the phrase "Player's feedback" "Player's requests" pops often, so feel free to share your ideas, you never know.

Comment

Working...
        X