Request for Forum moderators ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Forum moderators ASAP

I made a post about this but I decided to place it here.

As the subject suggests, we are in dire need of forum moderators. I don't know if Eyedentity is already on the prowl for moderators but lets start by doing this. Who would be willing to dedicate time to being a forum moderator here? I've personally moderated for other games in the past and would be able to do this for about 8 hours a day while I'm at work. I would like others to give their two cents as to how we can prevent this forum from turning into what Nexon's forum was. People who truly care about the quality of this forum should try to do things to improve it. Thanks for your time.

Heron

Heron
    Inadvertently Offensive Bear..
    Some of you really piss me off!
    Scratch my back and I'll love you forever..
    I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly
    Voice Acting Profile https://www.castingcall.club/m/joe%20the%20villain

As I said in the general chat thread, I'd like to volunteer, if Eyedentity is looking for community forum mods.
    Guild Master of FluffyTail
    Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

I'd be happy to help out as well if needed.

Hostage
      Fashion Nest Ambassador
      PvE Failure || TheCatsEye

Comment

Thanks Donkay and Hostage. I hope we can get some positive responses from the community on this. I'll wait a full day and then try to contact Eyedentity if they haven't already seen this post by then. We'll see what happens from there.

Heron
        I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

I'm more than willing to join a moderation role. I feel we'd need moderators who are willing to separate their forum identities from their in game identities, and I've been lurking on the nexon forums for years and am pretty impartial to most of the drama that's occurred in DN NA, while at the same time content with no one knowing who I am.

I've had experience moderating for two servers (but they were mostly source games like HL2 or DayZ stuff) and their respective forums, and as I've said, have stayed pretty impartial to the forum nonsense.

Of course, I'm also aware I haven't seen/heard eyedentity ask for help, so until I hear it from the horses mouth, this is mostly an offer if they really need moderators. Otherwise, I'm content just lurking around.

Just throwing this out from a neutral point though, I think adding moderators willy nilly could potentially be abysmal. Thankfully, eyedentity hasn't quite opened the flood gates on that yet, but its clear with the current forum shenanigans that many people really aren't above personal attacks and disregardable shitposts. At the same time though, I feel the shenanigans in question are a pretty good reason why moderation would be welcome, but obviously from people not associated with either side of said antics. Just a personal PoV.

Comment

I'm glad to see people stepping forward and wanting to help ~

But as I said in another post, I just think it is still way to early for anyone to receive this title and power from Eyedentidy. If you think about it, a lot of the older volunteers from Nexon all worked very hard and contributed to the community in ways that benefited the players and the game. I really do like that we are all showing an initiative in wanting to see change we just have to take into account the process of selecting people for "moderator/volunteer". Eyedentidy hardly knows us as players let alone forum users. We just have to give it some time. I really do hope they have a community staff team that works with moderating the forums. That would honestly be the best.

Hostage
            Fashion Nest Ambassador
            PvE Failure || TheCatsEye

Comment

I'd LOVVEEE To volunteer, I love helping out!

♥ booty enthusiast || proud member of TCE ♥

Comment

We need mods that are professional, use proper grammar, are impartial, mature, and active. We don't need volunteer mods imo.. Hopefully Eyedentity has a team fleshed out already and is just waiting until transfer launch to announce them.

Comment

I agree with Vinn101 on this one. Forum moderation with our community is not a particularly easy or fun job. I'm not ideologically in opposition to volunteer moderators but I definitely don't think there is a need to choose them as soon as possible..
                  Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
                  Main Character : Aelphaeis

Comment

I'd be up for helping when and where needed o.o/
                    Member of Genesis.

One mans nd is anothers beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Pounding
                      If you speed up the process of getting moderators, you will end up getting ego boosted douches to moderate a forum because you couldn't spend more than 2 minutes choosing them
                      Exactly. The NA community for DN is a tricky group, full of trolls and well-developed egotists. Hopefully Eyedentity will take time (or has taken time) to choose well qualified, non-volunteer moderators whose specific job is to moderate and maintain the forums rather than that and playing with other players, possibly leading to impartiality and unprofessional behavior. We don't need trolls or egotists to run this forum; that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinn101 View Post

Exactly. The NA community for DN is a tricky group, full of trolls and well-developed egotists. Hopefully Eyedentity will take time (or has taken time) to choose well qualified, non-volunteer moderators whose specific job is to moderate and maintain the forums rather than that and playing with other players, possibly leading to impartiality and unprofessional behavior. We don't need trolls or egotists to run this forum; that's for sure.
                        This is very true.

Heron
                        I..I'm fine, baka..

Grizzly

Comment

Asking for mods, wanting to be mods when the last mods didn bother banning all the trolls and corrupted topics.

@Donkay no, I can see you not doing anything at all.
                          That Apple Berry Kid
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/AppleberryKitty

Comment

• Donkay
                            Donkay commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's okay! Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

A bit fast, don't you guys think? Moderating forums isn't a simple task as people believe it to be. Plus, how would Eyedentity be able to make a decision at this point? They have yet to see any of these people on forums and see how the interact with everyone else.

Give it time.

Comment

/sign I'm on the forum too much anyway.

EDIT MY SIGNATURE FINALLY WORKS

Comment

Working...
                            X