No announcement yet.

Request for Forum moderators ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as real moderators would work better, they will likely fall into volunteer moderators to cut the costs of having to hire real moderators.

Moderation from volunteer players isn't inherently bad, the main reason why it failed in nexon forums was because there was no one to enforce bans, nexon volunteers can't ban people and nexon employees never checked the forums. People like to hate on Zoltar but Zoltar was pretty much the only real CM we ever had, keeping trolls on check, once Zoltar left we went back to the shitty cesspool where trolls knew they could do and say whatever they wanted without getting banned, and volunteers could do nothing but just delete or lock threads.

If Eyedentity has someone to monitor the forums and ban trolls volunteer moderation can work here.

Comment

Originally posted by SaitoHikari View Post

I was recruited in exactly that way, and look how that turned out. You should probably cut the community part out of the third bullet point.

That said, ugh at the PvP section. The cancer kills me. PvP section was cancerous before, but the place has already regressed into a whole other level of stupid with all the alts making it impossible to tell which idiots are behind it.
      It's pretty much impossible to save the PVP section unless you get tools for IP banning from my point of view. Since an account here on the forums is completely separate from ingame accounts, it's very easy to make a throwaway (as you said) to make dumb posts and further devolve it into a pool of madness.

Comment

today is a good example as to why we need more forum moderators. the only active one ive seen is yaya and she mainly deals with the support section.
        Guild Leader of Disrupt~
        Previous Leader of Revamp
        IGNs:
        Syraluna / 93 / Valkyrie
        Syrammie / 93 / Tempest

Comment

Originally posted by Syrammie View Post
          today is a good example as to why we need more forum moderators. the only active one ive seen is yaya and she mainly deals with the support section.
          Today is a good example of why spam filters need to be in place, not forum moderators. I'm confident Yaya was not hired as a support GM, but rather works directly with the development team to report bugs and troubleshoot the reports.

Forum moderators, if necessary, should never come from the community.
          Dragoon
          TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

Today is a good example of why spam filters need to be in place, not forum moderators. I'm confident Yaya was not hired as a support GM, but rather works directly with the development team to report bugs and troubleshoot the reports.

Forum moderators, if necessary, should never come from the community.
            There's ways to get around spam filters. we still need forum moderators to clear those out.

plus I never said that they should come from the community. I just stated that we needed forum moderators.
            Guild Leader of Disrupt~
            IGNs:
            Syraluna / 93 / Valkyrie
            Syrammie / 93 / Tempest

Comment

There's ways to get around spam filters. we still need forum moderators to clear those out.

plus I never said that they should come from the community. I just stated that we needed forum moderators.
              There's ways to get past forum moderation too. I'm just saying your example doesn't really hold much ground, and the root fix for the current forum issues would be spam filters.

Regarding forum moderators being from the community or not, that's just a point I like to reiterate a lot, just for the sake of discussion. If I recall you said you would volunteer for forum mod as well, so that's why I repeated myself there. If that wasn't you, my apologies then.
              Dragoon
              TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

Regarding forum moderators being from the community or not, that's just a point I like to reiterate a lot, just for the sake of discussion. If I recall you said you would volunteer for forum mod as well, so that's why I repeated myself there. If that wasn't you, my apologies then.
                Whether or not the moderators are from the community, i dont really care as long as they do their job and actually moderate forums. And i did say i would volunteer, i also said it prob wouldn't happen xD
                Guild Leader of Disrupt~
                IGNs:
                Syraluna / 93 / Valkyrie
                Syrammie / 93 / Tempest

Comment

Whether or not the moderators are from the community, i dont really care as long as they do their job and actually moderate forums. And i did say i would volunteer, i also said it prob wouldn't happen xD
                  I think we have completely different experiences then. I don't necessarily agree with forum moderation, simply because of the notion it's more trouble than it's actually worth, however I'm all for active spam filters or users who quietly hide and delete posts.
                  Dragoon
                  TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

i dont think they gonna do like nexon na did having 12 years old kid forum volunteer which toxic the community again
                    keep saying to everyone
                    "english please?"
                    "please learn to write english"
                    "your english sucks, go learn to write essay!"
                    keep bs about how his essay is so good in school /facepalm

but yeah eye should do something about forum spam + gold seller

Comment

Originally posted by KingXRay View Post
                      i dont think they gonna do like nexon na did having 12 years old kid forum volunteer which toxic the community again
                      keep saying to everyone
                      "english please?"
                      "please learn to write english"
                      "your english sucks, go learn to write essay!"
                      keep bs about how his essay is so good in school /facepalm

but yeah eye should do something about forum spam + gold seller
                      Errr... What?

Also IGN/Server in FFXIV?

Comment

Horrah for captcha!
                        Dragoon
                        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by SaitoHikari View Post

Errr... What?

Also IGN/Server in FFXIV?
                          dont ask me, i can never understand those kids of what they were trying to do...

i added my character link there now, you should able to see it

Comment

• SaitoHikari
                            SaitoHikari commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Tonberry, eh?

There's a cluster of us in Sargatanas. Here's mine, though I play WHM too. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/12106546/

• KingXRay
                            KingXRay commented
                            Editing a comment
                            nice! i prefer JP server more
                            you main on bard, if only you in tonberry as well, i might invite you to static raid team, coz we been finding a brd/mch before 3.4, very hard to find one these days since many other statics looking for that jobs as well

Bump with screenie of the first page of general forums. There's too much spam

Comment

Working...
                          X