Show UTC time in news/announcements/etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show UTC time in news/announcements/etc

I'm not from the US, so i don't keep track of PST or EDT time, much less if it's DST or not, since where i live (and most of the world) these aren't used, so i was wondering if you could display the greenwich time in addition to PST/EDT times, since it's the international time, i'm sure it'd make the lives of those not in the US easier, or at the very least mine would be.

Thanks.

Not to be rude, but it's not hard to find out really. In fact it takes little to no time to do.

step 1: find out current est/pst time (which is as easy as typing "current est time")
    step 2: compare current est/pst time with current utc and find the difference in time (5 hours, 4 hours, etc).
    step 3: apply the difference to the utc time every time you want to find out the target timezone.

Not saying that they can't or shouldn't show the time zone, just saying that it's so ridiculously easy to find out yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Elune View Post
      Not to be rude, but it's not hard to find out really. In fact it takes little to no time to do.

step 1: find out current est/pst time (which is as easy as typing "current est time")
      step 2: compare current est/pst time with current utc and find the difference in time (5 hours, 4 hours, etc).
      step 3: apply the difference to the utc time every time you want to find out the target timezone.

Not saying that they can't or shouldn't show the time zone, just saying that it's so ridiculously easy to find out yourself.
      i don't see how that's being rude, but it's not that it's difficult to find out, it's just that considering how not only people in the US play the game, but oceania used to too (and now the rest of the world can too) why not have UTC which is a global measure. and unlike PST and the rest you don't have to go check if it's on daylights saving or not.

it's simply a much easier time to follow.

@above: i'm bad at rote memorization, so it's (so far) simply faster to google it

Comment

Working...
      X