BTG suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTG suggestion

Disclaimer: I do like the current BTG and see it's usefulness, specifically as a rotation practice area and dps testing to watch growth. However, it could be better.

TL;DR Make a BTG option where the Stone Golem (or any other giant creature we can hit to death) does some attacks (Stomps, swiping of the hand, no major mechs like bar mechs or raid wipes, just attacks) that hit for 1HP at the maximum, in order to allow a player learning his/her class to practice breaking rotation due to attacks and picking it up back up again, while still having a safe environment to do so.

Main Post:
    I like the Battle Training Grounds (BTG). They didn't have it when I joined, so those of us who wanted to practice pve rotations had to go to the pvp combo arena and try doing a pve rotation with skills under pvp rules. The shadow didn't attack there, unless you confused it (I remember doing that once and was like, you wot mate.)
    Now we PvEers who want to expand in one of the Three Major Aspects of Growth and Character Strength (Skill, the other two from this list that I spontaneously named are Gear and Class) can simply hit up our fave trainer and ask to go to the Battle Training Ground (BTG or Training Room). It's very similar to the old combo arena: There's a fluffy mob with lots of padding (aka lots of hp) who is stationary and we can beat up as much as we like to practice rotating, and now with damage counters check our DPS and see quantitative levels of growth.
    There's just one problem I have with it: Unless you're the child of the Three Fates (Idk how three mythical creatures could have 1 child, but meh) and are lucky enough to have a bugged boss that just sits and does nothing, a situation like the one simulated in the Training Room is very very very very very... you-get-the-point-amount-of-"very"s-later rare.
    Now, now folks, before we get triggered about a complaint regarding a imho very well thought out and very needed component of this game, lets not get triggered by a imho very well thought out and very needed component of this game.
    The Solution: Make a Separate Training Room (accessible by a different dialogue with the trainers or by a switch in the room or by selection before entering the room after speaking), where the layout is exactly the same: A square arena, with a giant <insert fave mob here> in the middle (My fave is the Poochum, but I don't think that'd work), with blue zones that restore HP, MP, and skill CD upon entering in opposite corners of the arena. Except: The monster has an array of different attacks it can choose to use on the player. These attacks hit for 1HP and crit for 1HP, to keep the concept of a safe training room for PvEers who want to gain experience and level up the Skill Aspect. These attacks are used to simulate more realistic scenarios (obviously giving the monster every single bloody mechanic that makes people cry wince and rage and blow up their computer would be very bad, so it's not perfect) of combat where they can practice starting a rotation, breaking it to dodge attacks, and picking it up again.

Things the monster (the training bag) can use (this list is non-exhaustive, ED are the devs, they can choose to put what they want in the list, or just ignore this topic completely):
    • Stomps, requiring the player to i-frame though the stomp, or the good ol' fashioned way (Hey Stomp Nest I mean Volcano Nest 80 cap)
    • That thing where the boss swipes it's hand (or nearest limb) at the player, requiring them to learn positioning on a boss.
    • Roll attacks, requiring the player to learn to move out of the way and reinforce the truth that glass cannons are not diamond cannons.
    • And other basic attacks.
    Things the monster (the training bag) CANNOT use (this list is also non-exhaustive, ED are the devs, they can choose to put what they want in the list, or just ignore this topic completely):
    • Bar Mechanics (the term used to describe mechanics that are unique to a boss, such as Ignacio's Relic trick in Guardian Nest, or Granom's Spirit Element doohickey in Granom)
    • Mechanics that require more than one person to successfully get through (the Training Room is solo, why place a mech that requires 8 people there)
    • Wipe Mechanics (This is different from bar mechs because, if I recall, it is possible, or was at least, to live through various bar mechs. Wipe mechs are not survivable unless you're a dev or GM and decide to go /godmode or w/e)

Again, like I listed twice, Eyedentity are the company that runs the game, they decide who gets what, what goes where, etc. etc. etc. If they want to implement this, that's their choice. If they want to not implement, that's their choice. If they want to close this thread for some strange reason, that's their choice. This is just a suggestion by a consumer of their product that could potentially make the game better for some people (not all because PvPers wouldn't use this I think).
    Ruina: Sharshenshua
    Dragoon/Flurry: Shenaiki
    Questions? Comments? Queries? Like my attempts to troll bots? PM me on disco(rd) @AjiBuster499#6021
Working...
X