Re-implement difficulty modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-implement difficulty modes

I first played DN when the level cap was 24, and continued until it was 60.
    When I play a game, I expect it to be challenging, not monotonous. Especially from a game like DN, because it grows to become combo-reliant.
    With all bosses and mobs being few and weak, few characters are even able to produce more than 1 hit before everything dies.
    In this case, how do players learn to explore combos and enjoy their classes?

I don't know why the difficulty modes were removed. I imagine it's because people complained that it was too hard?
    But this shouldn't punish the players that don't care for PvP, and wish to have engaging PvM content early in the game.
    Originally, there were difficulty modes ranging from Easy to Abyss; and people had the freedom to choose the difficulty. I think it's silly to remove this from early game play, because all of my friends that I have introduced to this "new" DN are utterly bored with it because everything dies to MY FRIEND'S MACHINA'S DASH.

Yes, I think it was pretty silly to remove "options" from the game. Although Abyss would take considerably longer to clear solo, it was certainly more engaging than one-shotting everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodwill View Post
      Yes, I think it was pretty silly to remove "options" from the game. Although Abyss would take considerably longer to clear solo, it was certainly more engaging than one-shotting everything.
      I agree! But I remember solo-grinding Astral Coven abyss on Sorceress and Archer, which was fast/fun. Plus, it's the players' choice to choose Abyss--it's an additional challenge! And Prayer's Retreat was like Manticore Nest 1.0 back then. Now, I cough and the boss falls over.

I think it's comparable to another action mmo, called Vindictus where players challenge them selves to solo "Hero difficulty" instances and if they're successful, there's the sense of completion and considerably better loot at a low chance. Now, I'm not saying that DN should be as grind-heavy as Vindictus or even similar to it in all aspects, but players are hardly even in Carderock Pass for more than a few hours before moving onto Saint's Haven.

Right now, I can choose to not wear any armor and breeze through instances effortlessly. It's really disappointing.

Comment

I 100% agree with bringing difficulties back. I miss all those old Abyss runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Acrell View Post
          I 100% agree with bringing difficulties back. I miss all those old Abyss runs.
          I'm glad to hear that there are players that agree!
          I wonder what compelled them to remove something fun from the game.
          If they're scared that the grind is going to turn players away, then those players aren't the type that enjoy grind-heavy Korean MMO's. It's a classic aspect to these games. There are other ways to help players get to the end-game content, which include hosting EXP events, Commission Boards, and improving on the game content. If the game is enjoyable, people will stay.

Right now, it's nostalgia that's holding me back by a thread from quitting DN. I used to be addicted to this game, and always had in my mind "I need to do my daily quests, and grind and do my weekly nests." Now it's more like "I need to log on and be bored for a hour and gain 20 levels effortlessly with my finger up my butt."

Comment

Working...
          X