Regarding PVP and XP based PVP ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding PVP and XP based PVP ranks

An alternate name for this post is "The grievous effects of prolonged exposure to autism in gaming"
    Hello. Some of you might already know me from a long while ago by the name Amaur, ingame. I played from mid 50 cap to mid 70 cap. At one point I made a long winded post about this before but now I shall do so again along with more data.

This thread is not about the players at these high ranks. I do not care what they might have done to your guild's gargantuan collection of 100 altheums or how this one time they used a black listed spell on your hamster's grave.

PVP ranks are vastly inflated to the point of unattainability for probably most players. Even among the top 10 players there is an enormous disparity in terms of XP values. Refer to the picture below.
    Note: For argument sake, I have removed the names, guild names, kill/death counts for every player. This thread is not for arguing about the players themselves.

In this image, the number 1 player has 9,940,012 arena xp and the rank of Champion. Assuming Google is correct, Dragon Nest was released on September 28th, 2011 (not accounting for the BETA). A bit of math and checking across a few convenient websites yields that 1835 days have passed since the game was released. If we divide the #1 player's Arena XP by the number of days the game has been released, we can calculate how much XP they would have had to grind each day to achieve this rank.
    Note:This part of the post is an image because this forum has a 4 image post limit. God truly hates me

3,366,295 is the difference between the two ranks. If we were to go through the PVP rankings and look for the first player who has this much arena XP, we would not need to go very far. In fact, the closest person to this amount of XP is currently sitting at overall rank 22. The difference between the #1 and #2 player is so great that it far exceeds the amount of arena xp even most of the top 100 players have. To new players, this number is so hopelessly large that it almost breaches into the realm of impossibility. If a player were to start playing today and wanted to achieve number 1 overall rank, how much would they have to PVP?

For this, lets define a few values first. This hypothetical new player is fairly experienced and manages to get to level cap within 24 hours thanks to help from their friends. They immediately begin playing PVP and are thankfully an absolute legend at PVP; using the best exploits, playing a female class, violating blacklist every single match, and lagging out of skills at every chance that they can get. They earn an incredible 20,000 experience every single day, completely disregarding whatever a 'life' is and playing solely Dragon Nest. I do not wish to bore you all with the mathematics since I used my own spreadsheet for it. If need be I am fully prepared to prove my math. But the end result?

497 Days to achieve Champion from Recruit, getting 20,000 Arena XP a day.

Anyone who is fairly experienced in farming for ranks in PVP can tell you that getting 20,000 arena XP a day is extremely difficult. Doing it many days in a row, especially during school days, is borderline impossible. In my entire time cataloging my XP gains from matches, I never measured getting 20,000 xp in a day without using an Arena XP potion. This isn't even accounting for any growth; it's assuming the #1 player doesn't PVP at all. Thankfully, on the day I stopped playing for a long while, I was managing a spreadsheet that noted down arena XP values.
    Here is an image of the relevant information.
    Note:This part of the post is an image as well. I am sorry

By graphing the two functions, the intersection is the point at which our hypothetical new player has the exact same arena XP as the #1 player.

Note: The red line is the new player while the blue line is the current Champion.
    597 Days to achieve Champion from Recruit, getting 20,000 Arena XP a day, accounting for rank inflation.

Key Point: If a new player were to begin PVP'ing right now, getting 20,000 Arena XP a day (which is practically IMPOSSIBLE to do consistently) they would finally beat the number one player on

May 26, 2018

I have made it pretty clear that the current ranks are flat out broken. Players who have played for a very long time have a massive edge and are heavily insulated against all but the most dedicated of players. From my knowledge, since 50 cap, the exact same player has held the rank Champion overall (Completely disregarding when we had more than 1 server). Clearly something needs to be done.

Q: What do you suggest then? Wiping everyone’s rank? But think of all the chill rooms I played in!
    It’s necessary and it makes perfect sense given what is happening right now. If you go to the front page of the website, you’ll see this some information on the 'rebirth of Dragon Nest'

If this is the rebirth of Dragon Nest: Why not give PVP a rebirth by having everyone start clean? It'd give newer players an opportunity they would never have on top of (possibly) relighting some interest in PVP. Players could re-climb the ranks to get their rewards again (Free Reset).
    Of course, players should be compensated based on their rank and how much arena XP they have.

Thank you for those that took the time to read this. I'm open to criticism on my math or arguments.

TL;DR: Read the big bold text and look at the pretty images

TL;DR IM ON MY BLACKBERRY AND IM BLIND AND CANT SEE IMAGES: big numbers mean #1 rank dude is hardcore and we need to reset all the PVP ranks to give people fair start.

TL;DR;TL;DR: wtf its like 10 words just read it.

"Why is half your post an image?" Because these forums have a limit of 4 images per post and I did not want to have to post twice.
    Last edited by Amaurus; 10-06-2016, 10:23 PM.
Working...
X