Bring Back the Abyss runs for all levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Back the Abyss runs for all levels

So I took a break for the last 6 months, and recently came back with 2 new friends who i convinced to try out DN. I noticed pretty quickly the game had change from my lvl struggles(started on Day 1 launch in NA) . At first I thought it was ok, allowing new players to quickly level up to cap without much struggles, but I realized it was missing something that really kept them interested/engaged.

So the quest exp that keeps players from having to redo the same dungeon, and also leaves the need to power level an alt just to get them to cap, is a HUGE improvement and I do think that both new players and old players appreciate the change so that you can progress the story, you get to play all the content, but you dont have to grind for 2 hours just to get from 18-24... etc.

But after 40 levels of only master grade battles, that every single class can 1-hit KO the final boss EVEN dragons! just makes the game.. not really a game. theres 0 challenge to it, besides the challenge of staying away in some of the more extended NPC dialogues/cutscenes. I do appreciate the desire to make it easier for players to level up and get higher, but you should keep the option of a challenge in there. Players need to see what REALLY playing their class feels like. Otherwise they are gonna hit 90, try out a nest, and fail completely because they never were given any other expecations than, any move will kill the boss.

My friend that started playing felt it by lvl 45, and was wondering when she could finally find a boss she didnt one hit KO, and I felt annoyed both because I had to go through so much struggle at that level (Anceint Archive Abyss with lvl 40 noob gear? yeaahhhhh grind time). and I also felt ashamed that i had to tell her to wait 45 more levels before she could experience some fun.

I dont know if Eyedentity doesnt actually have the same intentions when they transfer it, but I do hope they do not intend it to stay this way. YES end game is the most important, but if you cant give new players the enjoyment needed to stay enganged for 90 whole levels, and then not dissapoint them by throwing them against the harsh unloving wall known as RDHC or the new ice dragon nest, then you wont have anyone there at end game, besides us old folk.

oh, and mayybe bring back those nests, those were so much fun to carry a noob through, just sayin
    Last edited by michieru; 09-24-2016, 09:27 AM.

I can't agree with this more, trying to get people into this game, but it gets boring for them when there isn't any sort of difficulty for like 80 lvls.

Comment

tbh to add on more, most nests were removed as well. all the things i wanted my friends to experience at low levels weren't there. ceberus nest was one i was expecting when i started playing again. but you're right ...some bosses seem to easy to play...where did the difficulty go :c

Comment

+1 to this 10char
        Nekavrad - Lvl 90 Inquisitor(soon 93) - Member of BOOOMPANES

Comment

also might want to take out the costume giving 5-7 k dmg at early lvl,since even with abyss back,youll 1 shot all boss till lvl 50
          Nekavrad - Lvl 90 Inquisitor(soon 93) - Member of BOOOMPANES

Comment

Hard difficulty should be renamed a 'Piece of Cake'
            I loved soloing abyss dungeons in the old days, it was the reason why I reached the level cap, because it was so much fun.
            The game in general is too easy, doing abyss dailies is easy, gearing is easy, getting gold is easy.
            Throughout the leveling process it seems like the game is baby sitting you, because you get all these OP costumes, accessories, dragon gems from the Reward Boxes and Quests.
            It gets rid of the fun of hunting for good equipments from the abyss dungeons or marketplace.

Comment

yes .. I love this game but that easy going one hit kill is just sad ._. and annoying no fun..

Comment

This is a good suggestion. I tried to get some people into the game, but they lost interest before reaching the level cap because there wasn't much challenge even on the highest difficulty levels and most enemies died in one or two hits.

Comment

Yes! I loved how there were challenges for every level instead of just end game. I really missed having nests at level 24, then 32, etc. because they were like a 'coming of age' for a character. Also, I loved Abyss so much and I miss it. It's such a drag for a new player/character since everything is one hit and there's no option for a challenge. So, please, DN, make it a challenge again!!

Comment

Definitely agreed. Both the nests/raids and the abyss modes need to come back, because removing them has already had a noticeably negative effect on the game's growth. From a business perspective, leaving them in would've been the best option (it costs more money & time to remove content, then find & fix any bugs caused by said removal (some of which haven't yet been fixed, I might add), than it does to just leave it alone without modifying it), and it didn't need to be done for revamping content (case in point, at 60 & 70 caps, we had the revamped Lv.60 versions of cerb, manti, apoc, ABN, and titan alongside the originals, with the only negative affect being because the server already wasn't good enough to handle the game).

...I also have a more personal reason to want the old content back (I was planning on soloing every raid on one of my characters, but with the real raids gone and replaced with dragon piƱatas, that just leaves her as the most overgeared Lv.40 character in DN NA), but I digress. caption

Comment

haha.. dragon pinatas xD prolly would last longer ........... as this dragons right now ._.

Comment

This. 1000 times this. There was no reason to take those runs away. That's just dropping content OUT of your game. After those runs left, the game got way more boring for me.

Keep content. Don't cut it. Whether that's Abyss runs, or nests, or whatever.

Comment

I'm going to chime in as well and voice the same opinion as everyone else. For the sake of DN, please bring back Abyss and cap nests.

I say this mostly because it's very hard to recommend this game to people now when you have to tell them that the game doesn't start until Lvl 80-90, AKA the end of the game. You're also wasting so much content you guys have worked on for years just for players to smash through them, unforgettably in a matter of days. Bring back the cap - cap struggle. Also on another note, it also makes the story very dull and anticlimactic. The story builds up to these bosses or battles, only for you to unceremoniously kill it as it spawns.

Comment

+1 !! I hate the idea of trying to get people into the game but having to say "It get's fun later on" or "You have to get to cap before the game gets challenging"
                            Man, there's is a lot of content that I want ED to reinstate. u.u

Comment

same here, i left the game at 40 cap due to region block, so i came and made a new character to learn the ropes again... and all i've done is OHKO everything in my way, no longer do i have to worry or care about dodging, just walk straight to the boss and punch him in the face. hell i got to the sea dragon, remembering videos i saw of the party wipes and all, only to find out 5 bars of hp and that i only lost like 10% of my hp for the whole run, not even bothering to dodge.

this kills the game, i'm level 55 now and know my class simply because i've gone out of my way to practice machina combos. and not even that well.

before though having abyss manticore runs as i had to dodge or die, learning rotations by pure necessity, that was a fun game, even at lower levels.

so keep the leveling rate, but please make the game difficult again, i'm sure i'll get my ass wiped when i get to RDN and such because suddenly they don't die in one hit and i'm the one dying.

Comment

Working...
                              X