Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Eyedentity - Class - Inquisitor - Informative Suggestions

----------
    Hello ED, firstly I'd like to say as my first thread, that we have been waiting for this day and are very glad that you have taken over from our previous Publisher that has limited us from many things. This topic is going to be about the inquisitor class. I'm going to try to be as less bias as possible but when I say they could be a lot better I mean it. Simple things that would make this class an even more viable DPS class as of 93 cap. I hope they read this.
    -----------

I want to talk about the awakening and the inquisitor class in general. We all know that as of now Ravens are pretty much gods because they out damage everyone and do it quick. They can throw out all their skills at once (3 skills or so) in such a short time and have way more reward with such little risk - even with built in iframes, critical rate from stacking agi, and built in ele/fd. They are assassins afterall, so they must be quick, right?

Inquisitor. This class has been a high risk pretty high reward burst class with grand cross. It makes no sense that bosses are starting to move more and more and grand cross was such a slow setup that needed timing and full hits to be effective. This was fixed in 93 cap when 30% action speed and skill action speed was sped up, however hit count reduced, and holy burst became the new quicker burst skill in a way.

The class also received less setup from switching detonate to mind snapper for the damage boost which is great. Then the actual awakening hit and it was very disappointing imo, Lets talk about it for a bit.

The new skill:

Is almost as long of cast time as the ultimate which really should have done more damage for such a long cast time skill in the first place. These cast times are around 6-7 seconds.

Now, the action speed buff will make it easier to hit, however everything seems too reliant on the 50 (consecration) now.

--------------------------------------------
    My suggestions:

-> New Lightning Storm skill shown above with reduced CD because it feels it is too long for this class for full rotations, also a reduced cast time would be nice.

-> The filler spear skill. It is very mediocre, and it doesn't seem to do as much damage as you want it too. To be honest a small damage boost would be nice or an added effect.

-> Grand Cross. This skill has died. It was nerfed by almost 100% of it's old damage and it feels wrong to make the hit count so low. It went from high risk high reward to low risk low reward.... it makes no sense. Increase hit count back to 20 and it will be a strong burst skill like before. The skill has become very weak as to before. 15 would be nice too, 6 is ridiculous. There was no need to reduce it from 10 to 6 in the first place. Now at it's hit count it is weak compared to other skills that were buffed.

-> Chain Lightning EX: A lot of old EX have gotten their damage increased. I would love to see this skill increased from 30% to 50% additional damage. This would be very helpful for inquis and feel more like a strong EX skill. (Very Optional, unneeded but would be nice.)

--------------------------------------------------

That is all, thank you for reading.

This is my opinion. I have played this class for a very long time, I've played all the cleric classes since open beta.

-TankDragon
    Last edited by GoodRiddance; 09-26-2016, 09:20 PM.
    IGN: Serqet (Adept)

Since it was requested I just wanted to give my thoughts on inquisitor.

Overall I find the awakening to be a bit lackluster. Simply put, the damage output is too low; however, this is a complex issue. The difficulty is that we don't have much experience with inquisitor awakening yet and the awakening itself changes the class significantly, its difficult to believe anyone has a firm grasp on all the skill interactions yet; furthermore; the reality of the situation is that without seeing all of the awakenings its difficult to recommend reasonable changes to the inquisitor awakening.

That said I can definitely say regardless of what they do with other classes there is a problem with the cool down of lightning storm. I believe that it should be reduced by 3 - 4 seconds.

Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
    Main Character : Aelphaeis

Comment

i honestly also think that the class inquisitor right now is very weak

and it even got the short end of the stick with the awakenings
      the saint should be the more support orientated one and the inquisitor the dps orientated.
      even the saint does more dmg

it needs a buff to become playable again

Comment

I like the inq he is my favorite that is why it made me sad when i saw that they nerfed him for no reason.
        His combo takes time and it use to be so satisfying.
        If i pulled of the whole combo i would feel like the X would say "you did good son,you did good " and would reward me with damage.
        Now i feel like he's abandoning me, punching me in the face and stealing my damage

i have the highest base damage in my team but i do the least damage.
        i used to help my team in dps, not the strongest dps but it helped
        and now i do my combo and see half bar of health go down then see how a lunar knight/raven kill the boss with one ability.
        i tested my damage and it is sad how much i have to struggle.

PS: I would do it in hard core but it would take ~30 min.

Last edited by just747; 10-03-2016, 06:06 PM.

Comment

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...nquisitor-nerf
          Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
          Main Character : Aelphaeis

Comment

Working...
          X