The main reasons my crew refuse to play DN,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The main reasons my crew refuse to play DN,

My mates and I have been playing off and on since NA's beta. We've been there through thick and thin and until 50 cap, we never felt the need to even take a break. I've played entire level caps solo and with full raid guilds. We all loved the combat so much, and the dungeons actually required (and rewarded) skill. The nests were ruthless and it was a mark of honor to be able to solo them, but it was possible with skill (and a hell of a lot of potions). We want to keep playing, but this damn limit of nest runs is killing it to the point of, we finish the runs on the first day, and literally can't play the game until next... week... No other game i can think of requires multiple characters just to be able to play. It's always been "get one character fully geared then make alts and use it to supply them." Setting a limit incentivizes people to atleast play that much, but for the rest of you that want to keep playing, screw you, I guess.

The early nests had very little gimmicks to them, they were just a series of strong dudes on the way to a really strong dude. It was clean, you knew what to expect and the only thing stopping you from succeeding was your ability to be more selective of when to attack or dodge. It just felt like a big wall you had to smash (being a destroyer main, i liked that feeling ). Newer dungeons are similar, except they have an arbitrary invulnerable period that requires you to stop fighting and move a thing, or stand here for 10s, or poke the obviously real frog mage . The guardian nest boss imo was the pinnacle of DN. A boss that looks and sounds that awesome, moves as fast as we do and NO arbitrary invulnerable periods! All it's moves were clearly telegraphed, but very importantly, were still quick enough that it was usually really close each time. It required you to not just faceroll your moves, but to only use them when you won't get crater-faced for doing so. The punishments were justified, so avoiding them was satisfying. I once took gear off, just to fight that thing for 2 hours. Holy damn, i loved that fight!

RNG is always going to be the bane of my existence. Even at the glorious 40 cap, I couldn't care less about gearing past +9 cause the rng took over and i was paying thousands to go backwards. That's so cancerous and legitimately rage quit worthy. We need a new system that is fair and is the reward of skill and effort, not blind luck. RNG will NEVER be a fair system, by nature, it's one of the most unfair possible. If something has a 1/3 drop chance, someone is going to get it on the first run, and someone is going to get it the 6th run. If you want something to average 3 runs, why not guarantee dropping a fragment and requiring 3 fragments? There is always a better system that can replace RNG that WONT make you want to gouge your eyes out with a spoon.

Yes, i tend to over dramatize everything. I simply say "i'm just passionate about gaming."

Thank you for your time.
    -TrojanBah

EDIT: Reading it again, that looks more aggressive than i intended. Read it in a calm tone.
    Last edited by TrojanBah; 09-28-2016, 12:35 AM.

As I say: To each their own.
    If DN isn't fun for you, not going force you into thinking otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Aster View Post
      As I say: To each their own.
      If DN isn't fun for you, not going force you into thinking otherwise.
      The title is why my crew won't play. I still love and play the game and I'm super excited for 93 cap tomorrow. Although, this was constructive criticism, not a hate speech. Developers don't have that much time to actually play the game, so they rely on us mentioning what we don't like. Therefore, i shall mention away.

Comment

I understand your frustration over RNG enchanting systems, but it's a cornerstone in thinly veiled p2w mechanic that's been being preached to developers since the days of maplestory. It's as much of a culture thing to korean developers as gacha systems are to japanese developers. Unfortunately there is little to no chance of this system going away without them introducing something worse or an equally annoying alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanBah View Post

The title is why my crew won't play. I still love and play the game and I'm super excited for 93 cap tomorrow. Although, this was constructive criticism, not a hate speech. Developers don't have that much time to actually play the game, so they rely on us mentioning what we don't like. Therefore, i shall mention away.
          well let's just hope that Eyedentity will set things straight to make the game favorable for the majority

Comment

Working...
          X