Suggestion for New Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for New Class?

I'm just thinking that a new class should be added in DN (although there are a lot of them already hahaha)? Like a class that's the music-based type--a Bard.

They could be played as a magic damage dealer with their mastery of the strings at their disposal, sending forth a flurry of melodies and tunes that strike the soul of their enemies, or as a healing/debilitating support--buffing and rejuvenating allies or applying debuffs and charming opponents with their music. Their prioritized stat would be INT. Their main weapon would either be a harp or a lyre, and their secondary weapon would be sheet music. Harps would function the same way longbows do: the attack speed would be slower than that of lyres and the third strum would inflict greater damage. Lyres, on the other hand, would function the same way shortbows do: the attack speed would be faster than harps and the attack damage would be consistent all throughout. Sheet music would be stored in a satchel (the same way a quiver stores arrows) worn at the side of the Bard.

Also, their skill names would contain some musical terms:

Allegrissimo - increases own and allies' movement speed
    Adagissimo - decreases enemies' movement speed
    Crescendo - surrounds self and allies with a magical barrier; Defense and Magical Defense increase
    Decrescendo - fires a wave surrounding enemies; Defense and Magical Defense decrease
    Half-step - tumble
    Glissando - glides away while being attacked
    Arioso - heals self and nearby allies
    Sharp - increases own and allies' Physical attack damage and Magic attack damage
    Flat - decreases enemies' Physical attack damage and Magic attack damage
    Arpeggio - fires 3 chords successively
    Forte - strums and releases a wave of music around self and knocks nearby enemies away
    Ruvido - plays a chord and releases a magical sound wave to the front
    Charm - strums a chord to the front and charms the first enemy hit (enemy is unable to move or attack for 1.5 seconds)
    Molto vivace - (ULT) the Bard strikes a chord with immense power and rapidly shoots out a deafening chord to strike at enemies (waves pierce)
    Armonioso - (ULT) the Bard plays an old hymn, releasing an aura, greatly increasing own and allies' HP and Mana regeneration (lasts for 20 seconds); surrounding enemies are charmed for 2 seconds

A Bard's 2nd class specialization would be Minstrel and the 3rd class specializations would be Virtuoso and Troubadour. The Virtuoso prioritizes in dealing damage whereas Troubadours prioritize in supporting/applying debuffs
    Last edited by Terrydactyl; 10-15-2017, 12:22 AM. Reason: Classes

I like and support this idea! You have lots of good stuff to start with and build upon.

I'd like to suggest another weapon in addition to the harp/lyre though, a lute!
    Costume skins with guitars, multi-neck guitars, and even keytars would be great.

Offhand items for a bard can be kind of whimsical, so I can see where you came up with sheet music, but how about finger picks? Or a book of poems? Or a pen? All 4 seem equally valid in my mind. I mean, a bard can also use swords and bows in D&D, so the offhand could always be the instrument as well, letting him be a classy sword wielder with a rapier. This second option doesn't work great with all the awesome instrument playing animations I can picture in my head though.

Last thing, your class tree sets the bard up similar to a Lancea or Machina; I'd like to see a full class tree like the other classes.
    As an example (using some of what you already have):

Base class: Bard

2nd class A: Musician
    3rd class A: Virtuoso
    3rd class B: Minstrel

2nd class B: Poet
    3rd class A: Troubadour
    3rd class B: Herald

I'm not married to any of the names besides bard, but I would expect the musician tree to focus more on sounds generated by an instrument, while the bard tree focuses more on singing and/or shouts. The specialization classes for musician could differ between summons (pied piper type stuff) and damage dealing, while the poet tree could divide charms/curses and healing/buffs.

Comment

Working...
    X