Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT - Oracle Specialization Quest NPC not spawning / available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Oracle Specialization Quest NPC not spawning / available?

Client version: Version 654
    Time: 4:10pm EST GMT+5
    Character name: Luminomaru
    Character level: 64
    Class: Oracle
    Frequency of error: All the time.

Description: I've been happily intrigued to get back into DN since the new classes came out, and as I was leveling my Oracle hoping to get teh spec quest done, this occured. I've been attempting to just reload the dungeon since I was level 55, and the only dungeon I have been doing was Crash Site Perimeter in hopes to get it to reload. It's several hours later now, I have only been redoing Crash Site Perimeter, and now I am level 64 after spamming it constantly. Please... address this.
    Reproduction steps:
    1. - Obtain Specialization quest for Oracle at level 55.
    2. - Proceed to complete Mutant Temple
    3. - Proceed to Crash Site Perimeter
    4. - Talk to NPC at the start of the dungeon on the left.
    5. - Progress through dungeon until you reach the dungeon boss.
    6. - Defeat the Boss and wait until after the Dungeon Clear prompt.
    7. - Beside the boss should be the "Old Plate" NPC in which you should talk to.
    8. - I saw no such NPC.

Expected result: Talk to NPC and proceed to the next part of the remote quest to unlock my specialization from Oracle, to Elder Oracle.
    Actual result: NPC is not spawned and/or visible to click, interact, hover over, etc. Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	206
Size:	735.5 KB
ID:	110815Click image for larger version

Views:	31
Size:	776.2 KB
ID:	110814Click image for larger version

Views:	180
Size:	787.7 KB
ID:	110816Click image for larger version

Views:	149
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	110817
    Attached Files

Keep trying the dungeon (possibly on a different difficulty). The NPC didn't appear the first time for me either.

Comment

• Ashuramaru
      Ashuramaru commented
      Editing a comment
      I've done it on Master and Normal, each enough times that I've eventually accumulated enough EXP to reach lvl 65. >

Click image for larger version

Views:	164
Size:	536.6 KB
ID:	110822 Just an update to the matter. I'm 66 and still nothing. I have dropped the quest entirely, went back to SH to pick it back up, did the dungeon as stated above, still no NPC. Only difference that occurs from the previously mentioned images is this red question mark with no NPC below it.

Comment

• SkitzoRoy
      SkitzoRoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried restarting the game?

• Ashuramaru
      Ashuramaru commented
      Editing a comment
      Tried restarting, checking game integrity and validity of files, checked for corrupt files, everything. No changes.

Mmm yeah I see it is bugged alright, I think it took me two times. Was like wtf the first time wondering if I did something wrong but seems not. Hope they fix this soon.

Comment

Try taking off the speed buff and walk in. Don't dash. EO is so fast that it can fail to trigger an event (npc spawn, boss fight)
      Ruina: Sharshenshua
      Dragoon/Flurry: Shenaiki
      Questions? Comments? Queries? Like my attempts to troll bots? PM me on disco(rd) @AjiBuster499#6021

Comment

• Ashuramaru
        Ashuramaru commented
        Editing a comment
        Tried that, not a single change. Not to mention, Ray Mechanic starting area in Path To Mana Ridge is bugged too. I'll post about that as well.

• AjiBuster499
        AjiBuster499 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been a bit since I did specialization, but I believe there is no person there either. There may be a flashy light thing like some quests have, but there's no person holding the plate. CMIIW tho

So I tried various recommendations from this thread and nothing seemed to work. I kept messing around and ran the dungeon on Normal Mode instead of Master Mode and the NPC finally spawned in the boss room. It was clear to see when the NPC was there because it was visible from a long distance without even being in the boss room.
      Last edited by Zeicron; 01-01-2018, 08:40 PM. Reason: It finally worked for me

Comment

Working...
      X