Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incorrect/inconsistent translation for dialogues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect/inconsistent translation for dialogues.

Hello all,

The following is more of an error than it is a bug- There are several instances where in game dialogue and texts have been badly or inconsistently translated. I have found these to mostly center around the level 90+ Main Story quests, however the problem also presents itself in several side quests, as well as user interface notifications. Examples include calling Gerrant "Geraint", referring to Rajuul as Rubirant (His Korean counterpart name over the English localization), as well as consistent mix ups between Mistbreakers, whom are referred to as either the Anti-Goddess faction or one other name I fail to recollect, Void Dragons as Beyond Dragons, and constant alternate use of Calamity Corps and "The destroyer army" (or something along those lines). EDIT*: Also, NPC Vernon is sometimes referred to as Vernicka, Honest Merchant Pero is referred to as Honest Ed, and occasionally in reverse. (I am unsure which is meant to be the correct translation as in the story, Pero was referred to as Honest Ed, however in all other instances of the quest he was referred to as Pero.)

These whilst seemingly insignificant significantly and is more of a quality of life problem reduces ones ability to enjoy and immerse themselves in the story. The problem is evident in other regions of the game as well although I fail to recollect all instances straight off the bat. Please address this issue soon!

My humble thanks!
    Last edited by Humble; 10-03-2016, 07:08 PM.

I'll forward this to the DN team. In any cases if anyone spot any of the inconsistent translation please let me know too!

Thanks Humble

Comment

Working...
    X