Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a pretty big issue with Barb (in merc tree) skill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a pretty big issue with Barb (in merc tree) skill.

EDIT: Ok. I found 2 more skills that have this SAME problem. "Enervating Howl" and "Devastating Howl" They cost 3 sp to learn, but you need 10 sp RIGHT when you buy them.
    (i have over 10 sp to use on the tree, it has nothing to do with the tree SP limit. "55/67" sp used.

Ok so i got to level 32 on my alt, it's a merc level 32. (i shorten it to merc lol) so as always.. i get my level 32 skill. It's for barb.. Whirlwind skill.

Everything is normal and i have about 10 sp left in merc tree right? Well.. here's the thing.. It costs 3 sp to learn. I had 3 sp. I went to buy it, Nothing. It said you don't have enough sp.

Leveled up to 33, 6 sp, no changes.. still can't buy it.
    leveled up to 34, 9 sp, no changes... you guessed it.. nothing. can't buy it.
    but at level 35 i think i found the glitch. when i had 12 sp, suddenly i could buy it.. it really costs 10 sp. HERE'S THE THING.. it doesn't USE 10 sp when you buy it. (lucky us it's only a reading issue) it costed only 3 sp.
    as intended.

It would seem that skill costs 10 sp to learn, uses only 3 sp... but if a new player comes across this, they could be in some real trouble. What if they keep spending their sp? early merc sp is very tight. You can't afford to make mistakes.. or it makes all other skills way too much. new players sometimes buy ALL the skills. This would be a pretty big problem for them..

TL;DR: Level 32 barb skill in merc tree costs 10 sp right now, but only uses 3. It needs to either say the correct amount, or should only cost 3 sp again like it claims. Take a look at it.

This new patch may have caused this. (IF YOU RESET YOUR BARB SKILLS, KEEP THIS IN MIND.)
    Last edited by Rare; 12-23-2016, 11:25 PM.

You probably hit the sp cap in the tree at the time or least the game read it as so, and considering it thought it was a 10 sp skill that explain why it took so long to fix itself.

The bug itself is interesting though, if not something I'll have to check on my Merc.

Comment

• Rare
      Rare commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't be sp cap. it only takes 3 sp to learn normal skills. I had over 9-10 sp left on the tree at level 32. I checked it before leveling up some more.

Even if i needed 10 on the tree, It should still tell me that if the skill really worked that way. Also, the skill wouldn't have been open if I didn't have enough sp.
Working...
X