Failed to initialize launcher Error Code: [10004][702]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to initialize launcher Error Code: [10004][702]

Game was working fine last night, went to play today, and getting this error. Looked at log, and every time I get this:

HTML Code:
    [2017-11-15 16:05:36] -------------Launcher Start !-------------
    [2017-11-15 16:05:36] Product version:1.0.0.2
    [2017-11-15 16:05:36] General Launch!
    [2017-11-15 16:05:36] -------------InitDialog Start!-------------
    [2017-11-15 16:05:37] Set Web linkage
    [2017-11-15 16:05:37] -------------InitDialog End!-------------
    [2017-11-15 16:05:37] PatchInfo Init start!
    [2017-11-15 16:05:37] DownLoad PatchConfigList.xml
    [2017-11-15 16:05:50] DownLoad File PatchConfigList.xml does not exist!
    [2017-11-15 16:05:50] DNLauncher init failed!
    Looked around online, every single thread says to disable offline mode on internet explorer, but IE11 doesn't have that option, and resetting IE settings did nothing.

Added DN to antivirus whitelist, I don't have a 3rd party firewall active (windows firewall has both DNLauncher.exe and DragonNest.exe as exceptions).

Edit: tried reinstalling the game, and the installer says can't reach server, so I'm guessing that's probably the same issue with the launcher. Any fix for this?
    Last edited by Kazidhaan; 11-15-2017, 02:29 PM.

When the internet is disconnected the same problem appears, check the internet connection.

Comment

Internet connection is working fine. I can play other online games and load everything fine. Except DN.

Comment

Maybe the DN server is blocked to you.....

Comment

That seems to be the case, the question is why, and how do I change that. I was able to play fine last night, then today I started having this issue. I have added the launcher to exclusion lists of everything.

Using a VPN allows the launcher to work, but because the connection is so bad, the red button to launch the game never lights up, so I can't play anyway, so I'm not sure what to do from here.

Edit: seems the issue fixed itself somehow. Weird.
          Last edited by Kazidhaan; 11-15-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

http://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx
            Download SoftEther VPN Client + VPN Gate Client Plugin

Use this maybe better.

Comment

• Kazidhaan
              Kazidhaan commented
              Editing a comment
              I've tried that already, and, while it works, I get 800ms ping most of the time, which is unplayable.

I'm getting the same error now. It's funny because early in the morning I could enter in the game, no problems. But now I just can't get past this error. I've already sent a ticket for support, but I would appreciate if anyone who found a solution could share it.

Comment

And it started happening again last night. Playing it, turn off the game to take a shower, come back and can't connect. Internet still working fine for everything else. Just can't connect to the server at all. Still happening now, almost 20h later.

Comment

I'm having this error since yesterday already, almost 2 days with that, and my gf is also having this same error (We use the same provider, but different connections)

Comment

On a side note, I formatted my PC too see if I could solve this problem but now I'm unable to download the DN downloader on the website. But when I use a VPN program using a canadian IP I can download just fine!
                  What is this, ED? Is this for real? How can you not fix this ASAP? It's a gamebreaking issue, c'mon!

Edit: This issue was fixed, at least for me! I could download the game again and login. Thank you!
                  Last edited by loki266; 11-21-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I had the same problem. thanks for helping solve it

Comment

Working...
                    X