Freezing/alt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing/alt

Hello, so i've been playing nest for some time now, i have exceptional internet, next to no ping constantly, internet is not the issue, and i have an up-to-date (as far as i know) PC

My problem is this, Freezing, Freezing, Freezing
    I feel lag spikes which i assume to be servers here and there, and it seems to blend with freezing
    I have lost 2 golden goblin tickets thus far due to this, majority of the time the freezing happens it's
    right when i load into something, but not always, the screen just freezes in spot, i can wait all day, it will not undue.
    Suggestions please? do i re-install the game? are the servers trash?

[off topic sort of 2nd question]
    ALT + TAB (everyone knows we can't 100% dedicate our every minute on PC to just dragon nest (a game that uses the entire screen) well my 2nd problem, is sometimes when i ALT + TAB out, i can't get back to the game,usually when this happens, it seems like i'm somehow stuck in the game, with my desktop being my screen, i have dragon nest mount, and all of my icons are bigger. i can't get back to the game when this happens, nor can i do anything, i can ALT CTRL DEL, and get the task manager up, but at this point i only see the task manager and can't click it, and it doesn't say [dragon nest isn't responding] its running, infact, i've been in a party with a friend when this happens, and asked him if i DC when this happens, and i don't, my character is present up until i give up and shut down the PC

Please help me someone I want to start raiding and just started Dark Avenger class (which i love) and i can't raid if i'm going to waste a pass every entry

Have you tried messing with the settings inside DN as well as your graphics card? It might become very tedious but trying different settings (not just the lowest settings (but that's a good point to start at)) could help your freezing problem. If that doesn't work, there might be a few mods that could help reduce some particle effects, tho, that doesn't sound like your issue.
    Re-installing the game is always an option to try, but that might not help as well.
    (the servers aren't that great, but most people don't have the freezing issue you seem to have)

As for your 2nd issue, leaving DN in window mode might (sadly) be the only way to fix that issue. I personally use window mode and I'm used to it.
    If task manager isn't helping, you may need to look into a different program to help you close DN. Though, there should be a way to manage task manager. When you say " i only see the task manager and can't click it" is that because your mouse disappears? If so, try having your mouse out on DN before you ALT+TAB or pressing CTRL or ESC to try to bring the mouse out.

Hope something here helps. Feel free to reply back about any issues.

Comment

It’s still a problem. Same issue with the freezing. It’s frustrated. Wasted two golden goblin tickets and several hardcore passes and nightmare runs due to the freezing. I would say 80 percent of a time it’s within the first 5 seconds of the dungeon. My internet is exceptional and computer handles a lot harsher games than dragon nest. It happens several times a day. Appreciate the suggestions. I have tried all of which.

It it feels like some sort of lag. The 20% of the freezing that doesn’t happen within first five seconds of the dungeon happens randomly throughout a dungeon or nest (mind you. I am yet to freeze in town EVER. Nor can I recall a time it’s happened in the Garden of Eternity for that matter. But again. It almost feels like lag (I run a game like league of legends and over watch at over 100 FPS and under 100 ping) dragon nest I’m consistently at about 110 ping. Maybe being that I’m on the east coast (EST) this is repeatedly frustrating. Tomorrow after work I suppose I will try a reinstall. Only takes me 2 minutes to reinstall.

RIP: 2 golden goblins. 2 nightmare clears (entered and froze) and a handful of hardcore and hell passes.

Can i I chalk this up to a server problem? I have heard of other people having the same problem. But seemingly they’re all on a toaster of a PC.

Comment

Working...
      X