Black screen after character selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen after character selection

This is what I am getting after character selection screen. This is after the latest update installed. Last time it worked was a few months ago. Been away for a while, and I come back to this happening. I tried restarting my computer, uninstalling, and reinstalling. I have the latest c++ redistributable. Could it be java related? Or is there something else I need to check first?

As an update, I attempted a clean install on my other laptop. Both meet at LEAST the minimum requirements. I tried running as administrator, various compatibility settings, uninstall, reinstall, a different computer, updating every driver I have, and still nothing seems to work. The only thing I haven't checked is my DirectX version, but as I am on Windows 7 on one pc and Windows 10 (both home editions) on the other, I doubt that's the issue. Please let me know if there is a work-around or a full fix for this issue, as I would like to come back to playing.

Side note....If I have already done the returned hero quest on my main toon, but it is telling me to do it again, should I attempt to log in on an alt to see if the situation clears up?

Comment

Ok. Tried everything. Only thing I haven't done is attempt to run it through Steam. Choosing a different toon resulted in slightly further progress, but still stops responding after town splash screen. I am not sure what the issue is, as the specs on my laptop match recommended requirements. I have talked to a few players I know, and they are not experiencing any issues. Please, respond and tell me what I need to do to make DN work again.

Comment

Working...
      X