Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copy file failed. Client data error, please re-install the client.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy file failed. Client data error, please re-install the client.

Those are the two messages I get when trying to run the client to install the game to have it ready to play when it's out. For some reason, I was unable to run the old DN launcher to get it to work so I had to download the new launcher. But, again, that's what I keep getting, like the files that I downloaded from this site were corrupt. Am I going to have to download it again and hope it's not corrupt this time?

Try running it as admin and see if that works. I had the same error.

Comment

Mmm dumb question but how do you run it in admin? If you don't mind explaining ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Asal View Post
        Mmm dumb question but how do you run it in admin? If you don't mind explaining ;D
        Right click on the icon and press "run as administrator".

Comment

Wow thanks it is going now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tortellini View Post
            Try running it as admin and see if that works. I had the same error.
            I believe the .rar files that were in there were corrupt. It wouldn't let me open them. It kept saying "These files are either broken or a different format." And if I right clicked and selected "extract here", it said "There is no archive." So yeah, I think somewhere during the download of the client, the files may have become corrupt because the friends I sent the link to download the client had no problems at all.

Comment

Working...
            X