Low GPU usage Dragon nest FPS lag and stutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low GPU usage Dragon nest FPS lag and stutter

I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this topic but ive been lagging really hard in DN fps wise in my new computer. The problem is my GPU usage is ridiculously low. 20-30% more or less. Yet at the login info screen and picking character screen gpu usage is at 98-99% and no lag obviously but once i get in game its 20-30% and fps is like 20-30 fps with tons of stuttering. I dont understand why the gpu usage just go from max to 20-30% once i get in game.
    Specs:
    Intel(R)Core(TM)i5-7300HQ CPU@2.50GHz 2.50GHz
    Ram:8 GB
    64 bit operating system x64 based processor
    Graphics card GTX 1050
    Thanks

You will have to go to Nvidia Control Panel by right clicking on your desktop screen.
    After that you will need to find "Manage 3D settings".
    Upon clicking it a list of setting should pop up and you can see Global Settings and Program Settings.
    In the Global Setting, you will want to keep "Power Management Mode" on "Prefer maximum performance".
    Scroll down a bit and you should see "Texture Filtering - Quality", set that to High Quality.
    Also if Triple Buffering is turned on, turn it off. That will get rid of your graphic card's "self-limit" power. (It kinda works like v-sync but kinda not)
    Hit Apply and you should see some increase.

NOTE: DN has been highly "praised" for being badly optimized so if no increase in performance is presented, simply set 3D setting back to default (theres a default botton).

My Specs are:
    Intel 4th Gen i7-4790 (NOT i7-4790K)
    16GB ram
    Window 10
    MSI GTX 970

My FPS:
    Saints Haven - 60s
    Normal Dungeon - 40s
    RDN Raid - 40s with all settings to med and toggle costume off.
    IDN 4man - 40-50s

Hope this helps
    (I almost forgot, im not sure if the 3D setting resets upon updating driver. AND IF YOU DIDNT UPDATE YOUR DRIVER, WELL, GO DO IT!)
    Last edited by Skity; 08-13-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X