Character Select Causes Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Select Causes Restart

Hi. For some reason whenever I go to the character selection screen from the escape menu my computer will restart itself. Has anybody else experienced an issue like this? All my drivers are up to date and I just reinstalled windows...it still happens.Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9526.png
Views:	89
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	81837
    Last edited by reticence; 09-04-2017, 05:37 PM.

Originally posted by reticence View Post
    Hi.
    Hello! That is really weird, I have never heard of this problem before..
    Hmm, Does this happen on other games? And have you tried reinstalling?

There could be a few things causing your un-foreseen problem!

1. Virus

A virus could be the cause of pretty much any outlandish computer problem, make sure your antivirus software is still up to date, and that you don't have any unknown viruses on your computer/

2. Over Heating

If the game causes your computer to get too warm, your computer will automatically shut down and restart for safety... Check and see if you have any damaged fans or an excess amount of dust...

3. PSU

Your Power supply unit may not be supplying enough energy to the computer, try to ensure that it is able to power your graphics card... and aim for a 600 watt PSU if possible, the power requirement however will be with your graphics card's specs. Your PSU could be failing too or unplugged... you would need to take it in for repairs if this is the case, and it is diagnosed by a power supply tester.

4. Drivers

You may be having errors with your drivers, most likely your graphics driver, possibly being out of date or it could have bugged.

Those would be my guesses based on what I have heard via my classes and research! But there could be other reasons, and they may not be as complicated as the ones above, you may just need to reinstall the game! I must say however that this is an extremely weird event...
    Last edited by Couplord; 09-04-2017, 05:53 PM.
    Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
    NA IGN: SirCoup

Comment

This does not happen in any other games or daily use. It only happens with Dragon Nest. I have already reinstalled Windows and it is still happening.

Comment

• Couplord
        Couplord commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow, I have updated my post but this really is weird... Since you reinstalled windows you also reinstalled Dragon Nest correct?

• Couplord
        Couplord commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, try running the game through Steam!

Here's what I would try:
      Disabling your antivirus.
      Making sure no other programs are active when you play DN.
      The stuff Couplord said.

I imagine your issue has to do with something on your computer and not the installation of Dragon Nest as normally, DN errors would crash DN.. not the computer... Maybe check the Windows Log Files and see if you can find something?

Comment

Working...
      X