Sniper still worth investing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper still worth investing?

I was a sniper main and since I just got back, should I just change it to Artillery since it seems like it's the thing now

You can literally never go wrong with what you want. If sniper is what you generally like, go for sniper. Although of course you can always change your mind and go with artillery.

Comment

Artillery is one of the Top Tier currently on DPS Tiers that is why a lot are opting to it.
      However, Artillery needs gears to perform best, especially crit cap (since it is an INT class, and that is costly).

Other archers are decent DPS, including Snipers.

Do consider your gears if you opt to bandwagon to Top Tier Class since the change is AGI to INT, you would be required to regear.
      Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Never choose a class because of TOP DPS TIER. DPS TIER LIST usually changes from time to time.
        Another thing about TOP DPS TIER is that it'd be only TOP DPS if your gears are for end game because most classes DPS changes when they're under geared.

It's best to choose the class that you want the most. If you change your job to a class that you're not use to playing, even if it's TOP DPS it'd be useless because part of DN's gameplay is the class's skill rotation.
        You have to retrain yourself with its skill rotation/gameplay to master the class and if you don't players would most likely laugh at you because you might be geared or your class might be included in TOP DPS TIER LIST but you'll still suck in terms of DPS because you won't be able to tap to that class's full potential.
        Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

Originally posted by darkb1ader View Post
          Never choose a class because of TOP DPS TIER. DPS TIER LIST usually changes from time to time.
          Another thing about TOP DPS TIER is that it'd be only TOP DPS if your gears are for end game because most classes DPS changes when they're under geared.

It's best to choose the class that you want the most. If you change your job to a class that you're not use to playing, even if it's TOP DPS it'd be useless because part of DN's gameplay is the class's skill rotation.
          You have to retrain yourself with its skill rotation/gameplay to master the class and if you don't players would most likely laugh at you because you might be geared or your class might be included in TOP DPS TIER LIST but you'll still suck in terms of DPS because you won't be able to tap to that class's full potential.
          ^
          this is the very first time i would agree with someone degrading about not picking top dps characters but actually make sense.
          well done.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
          When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

What darkb1ader said makes sense. However, do consider making yourself another AGI-based sub character with relatively well performance to the current meta (i.e Ray Mechanic). As long as you enjoy other classes as well, I don't see why you should limit yourself to only Sniper.

Having more characters ought to help you grow faster since you'll be able to farm Mid and Veteran Powerstone more often (though it may take another month or two until they implement the update which allows these stones to be transferred between characters). Sufficiently powerful DPS class may help you compensate for the slight difference in gear and/or piloting between your sub and your main.

Personally, I love the challenge of mastering as many classes as I can.

Comment

• darkb1ader
              darkb1ader commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by NearLawlet View Post
              Personally, I love the challenge of mastering as many classes as I can.
              I agree.
              It's fun to use and master different classes.

Theres literally is no such thing as "TOP TIER DPS" it just depends on what gear your class is equipped with, and also considering artillery is a lot more agile and long to mid-range combatant, she varies more in the middle lines of a party, and her skills are more diverse than the sniper, which is long-range and only requires positioning whenever you are using windshaft.

Any class is worth of investment if you know their perks, and difference from other class, but ofc Spin-offs in terms of DPS, they are higher than regular class considering some of them uses elemental attribute (such as the archer class' regular jobs doesn't have any elemental attribute users, and only the spin-off, silver hunter, which has light attribute on her skills)

But to answer your question, sniper is worth an investment, if she's your forte and you know how to properly use her, position her in nest stages, you've got good judgement on when to dodge, she's perfect for your playstyle, because if you transition to artillery, you might have an issue with gearing her, and switching playstyle because artillery is an entirely different playstyle than the sniper, which is shoot arrows from the back, keep spamming to deal continuous damage regardless of the distance, but artillery doesn't have much long range skills (i remember its only the exploding marker that she can shoot 3 times, i forgot the skills of the artillery, haven't used them in a while)

Comment

“Playing a class that you would enjoy”
              This statement can also support going for high dps classes tho, what if i enjoy doing good dps? Theres nothing wrong in asking if a class is worth investing, we all want highest return on our investment.

Answering TS, i would say sniper is not worth the investment, sniper is hard to use solo-ing nests (related to gold making through selling svc) and overall just low dps.

Regarding the future revamp, I would not use “VERY GOOD” to describe it. The future revamp for sniper is at best sub-par, with slight increase in dps potential. Seeing this, its more of a reason sniper is not a good investment, because its revently revamped and its still sub par dps.

Discussing more on sniper, it relies a lot on Critical Damage, more than anything else (pre-revamp) because Critical Break will be your highest damage skill.

Before anyone says i dont know what im saying, i main sniper.
              Do unto others what you want others do unto you
              aLsylph | aLicht
              Sniper | Light Fury

Comment

• [aL]
                [aL] commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, no. I dont make this account new, and i didnt make my account solely for replying your comment :/. I made my account to look for a discussion regarding the revamp sniper will get in the future but sees nothing of sort. And stumble upon this thread thats, i would say misinforming the TS.

Ive mentioned i main sniper, i know know inside out her potential, and its not good. Currently doing well because of the steep FD tha lvl 95 has, and we got 50% flat fd buff.

I dont quite get why you said its easy to stack critical damage, its actually quite hard, to reach 300% critical damage, with full calypse t2+20, fury hanger, genesis earring, and 44k cdamage chaos plate, you still need 6-8 max critical damage 3rd stat heraldry. Its not as easy as youve made it sound. With enough critical damage% your number 1 dps skill is critical break (additional damage). And as ive said critical damage is a good investment currently, because we have FD buff and element talisman. When yo say stacking patk, what do you mean? Stacking patk is the easiest thing and the only thing that comes freely when you gear up, because you will have high patk anyway with calypse t2+20 and pure patk U jade

Regarding windshaft, its total board damage is sub-par, i dont get why you make it sound like a god-like skill that can burst a hell lot. Its good damage, but alot of other classes can burst the same with less set up and instant cast time.

Regarding the new windshaft, with critical break damage reduced and fd removal, and only a bit of increase in %board damag (5k + (14*1k)% = 19k% board damage, just fyi if you dont know) overall your damage will be the same at best or less. If you really did your research, KR + CN people are already meme-ing the revamp sniper got, the first revamp was straight up nerf and very bad, the 2nd revamp boosts sniper a bit more, but still low dps.

Oh and i dont really see my pertick damage of windshaft, altho sometimes i see the full hit combo just to compare burst .

• [aL]
                [aL] commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay, you win good day to you
            Working...
            X