Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] IJumpUJump into the Tempest Class (PVE)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] IJumpUJump into the Tempest Class (PVE)

[Guide] IJumpUJump into the Tempest Class (PVE)

Stay Tuned, this guide will be re-written and updated with the latest info!
    Last edited by IJumpUJump; 07-07-2020, 12:46 AM.

Last edited by IJumpUJump; 07-07-2020, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Last edited by IJumpUJump; 07-07-2020, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Yay! up for this!
        Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

bump bump bump

Comment

Personally, I will still drop level Kick Shot to 1 as that skill is only needed as CM activator
            And distribute SP somewhere else

Anyways, can you show me your skill details .. on average runs?
            Ever since the boost, I ended up spamming DSK nowadays than how I do the old or preferred combo pre-boost
            ~ Hurri can DANCE ~

Comment

Originally posted by myon View Post
              Personally, I will still drop level Kick Shot to 1 as that skill is only needed as CM activator
              And distribute SP somewhere else

Anyways, can you show me your skill details .. on average runs?
              Ever since the boost, I ended up spamming DSK nowadays than how I do the old or preferred combo pre-boost
              I also initially left KickShot at lvl 1 too. But seeing that i have so much leftover SP, especially after the acrobat change that reduced the SP cost of SB and Spiritual Excel, i just threw them into the skills.
              You noticed that even though i maxed my twin shot (even though only lvl 16 is necessary) and also maxed my kickshot (even though only lvl 1 is necessary), and even wasted some SP to learn prerequisite skills for Bloomkick (even though its not really absolutely necessary), im still left with 16 SP to spare.

So, yea, tempests has way too much left over SP. I wish they could let use is on some of our main skills to increase their board damage =/

As for skill details, i didnt record an average run but i did have a BHT screenshot recently, apologies for the bad resolution as i took it with a phone camera.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	skill details.PNG Views:	1 Size:	389.9 KB ID:	133481

The above is if i use my normal rotation. However if i decide to throw in the additional double DSK via Aerial Twinshot, it will look something like below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	skill details 2.PNG
Views:	534
Size:	449.9 KB
ID:	133482

However, the resultant DPS in both scenarios is roughly the same, so it really boils down to personal preference or the PVE Situation.
              Last edited by IJumpUJump; 04-26-2018, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• myon
                myon commented
                Editing a comment
                With a wood pc, orange ping, a not so friendly mouse, and bosses that moves a lot like they too got some steroid buffs ... I ended up doing kick shot > binding > SK-DSK > BK > PS > AC PS > A HU > AC PS > DSK > BS > SK-DSK

But when everything's fine, I will do the usual 'pre-boost' skill rotation
                Oh, I forgot about the aerial twinshot > DSK .. I might as well use it instead of doing spiral kick to catch up/evade bosses when I am aerial

BTW, as optional as Spiral Edge may be
                More often than not, i find it pretty useful on DQ, other instances like gold goblin dungeon that needs intant AoE burst, so taking it is not really that bad.
                Last edited by myon; 04-26-2018, 06:38 PM.

• IJumpUJump
                IJumpUJump commented
                Editing a comment
                myon you have a point about the Spiral Edge being useful in certain situations. Thanks for sharing!

Hi, I would like to share my own combo while under Spirit Boost and would love to see what you guys came up with as well!
              Tempest is very flexible and it is very likely that our combos differ. Maybe we'll even discover the perfect tempest rotation

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaFlAOKgF98

Comment

• IJumpUJump
                IJumpUJump commented
                Editing a comment
                Underwhelm thats some really fast paced combos. Looks impressive =D
                I guess Tempest's playstyle really differs from player to player. I tend to be more structured in my rotations while yours seems to be more free flow.
                Thanks for sharing! Mind if i showcase your video in my guide for some of the sample rotations?

• Underwhelm
                Underwhelm commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Yea there's just so many possible combos for a tempest so hardly any would be the same.
                Feel free to use the vid, too.

Verbena petition to sticky
              Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

Originally posted by nvLite View Post
                Verbena petition to sticky
                alright, done

Comment

• nvLite
                  nvLite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you

Thanks for the Sticky! I have been rather busy the last few weeks, but i will be able to update my guide and make some further improvements in the next few days to come!

Comment

Hello! Any thoughts on the new skill dmg changes with tempest in recent kDN patch?

https://blog.divinitor.com/blog/2018...lation/#archer

I'm a slow learner, that's true. But I learn.

I do not need to be watched over or minded or cared for. I'm not a child.
                  I am the Lady of Winterfell, and I am home.

Comment

• Underwhelm
                    Underwhelm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My initial thoughts(as a fellow tempest main):

*DSK Damage Nerf + Current Acquisition(CA) - Confusing. Adding CA to DSK wouldve been a good buff so that tempests still have reliable DPS outside of Spirit Boost(SB)
                    but the huge damage nerf makes the skill so weak I dont even know if it's worth casting unless you're really out of skills or trying to buy time. (Now it has less board damage maxed(disregarding EX) than lv16 Spiral Kick)

*Kick Shot Buff - Ok. I'll consider maxing this now that they killed DSK.

*Divine Rage - Buff is much needed but still lacking considering its cast time.

*Skills now remove 4s(2.4 in SB) cd on DR -from previously- 10(6 in SB) from EX skills- This one feels weird since you got DR quick before from your DSK spam but now I'm not sure anymore. 60s CD(with plate and Spirit Boost) Skill would take a lot of skills to actually refresh. Around let's say around 15 skills including their cast times? @_@

*Hurricane Dance(HD) Damage Increase - Will have to do more than that to make the skill viable. It takes too much time casting for the damage it provides. I suggested before that AC HD should leave an illusion that does the skill for you so that you're free to do your thing while it does the damage. That would certainly make this skill viable.
                    HD is also hard to hit. You literally have to be so so so close to the boss for this to hit and if they move an inch, your damage is gone. High Risk Little Reward skill.

*CM1 50% dmg after Kick Shot or DSK for 10s -to- 40% passive - NONONONO You did not just do that ED. You literally have CM1 up permanently during fights. You're literally just taking back all the little board damage you gave us.

*Punch Smash Damage Increase - Much needed buff but I'd say is still lacking since main skill is 22s CD. AC PS takes 50 Current which is a lot and is also prone to missing on mobile and small bosses. Now that SB is 20s Up, 45s CD from 22s Up, 40s CD this buff is "ok" but not enough for me considering the pair-up with DSK's hard af nerf.

*Hurricane Uppercut Damage Increase - Ok I like it.

Overall - I'm not happy with the changes to DSK and CM1. We have to test it out and see how the changes affected the class. I really feel the need for a 2nd rework. Maybe buff DSK to AT LEAST 2500% and return cm1 to 50% for 10s after DSK/KS or buff PS more(board damage 14k% and main PS cd to 10-15s). The board damage buff might seem ok to some other classes but really, tempest skills take time to cast and are hard to fully hit. These board damages are not what they seem to be and are very little compared to other classes. Devs also forgetting about Spiral Vortex. Buff SV's board damage and change EX normal +50% damage instead of leaving an area behind. It just seems very odd and adds another second to casting time.

This is all i have to say for now.
                    Last edited by Underwhelm; 08-14-2018, 10:23 PM.

@ed thanks but no thanks (it could've been worse but they ain't creative enough, I guess)
                  Art by PitchB1ack
                  Art by PitchB1ack

Comment

Originally posted by theredgumball View Post
                    Hello! Any thoughts on the new skill dmg changes with tempest in recent kDN patch?

https://blog.divinitor.com/blog/2018...lation/#archer

All in all, it feels like it will leave us in the same spot.

Class Mastery 1 (CM1) pre-patch was fairly easy to keep up as there were no silly conditions like landing a hit (like with gladiators), so the 50% buff was practically permanent and could be activated at will. Now that the CM1 is actually permanent, they take away 10% damage. There's literally no upside, only a nerf.

As for the board damage increases, they seem ok, but they are being overshadowed by the reduction to the CM1 atk%, not to mention the viability of those skills (Hurricane Dance (HD) is barely used, the benefit of a damage increase is almost null).

And the decrease to the board damage of Double Somersault Kick (DSK) seems too harsh. Personally, I dont spam DSK that much, but even then its still my 4th most used skill in my rotation. The reduction in the damage will force a change in the skill rotation to skip DSK altogether and use it only as last resource. Which brings me to my next point: DSK now also reduces the cooldown of Divine Rage (DR), but if you have to skip it to avoid a drop in dps (because of the board damage decrease) then its pointless to have it reduce the cooldown of DR.

And finally, the cooldown reduction of DR is still debatable. If im not mistaken, the cooldown reduction effect itself has a cooldown of about 2 seconds. This means that after landing a tempest skill and successfully reducing the cooldown of DR, theres a time frame of 2 seconds in which you cannot further reduce the cooldown of DR, even if you land another tempest skill. If they were to remove this void time completely, then it could be possible to refresh DR even faster than before, but there are no details on this in the notes.

TL;DR: This seems more like a balance than a boost in any way.

Comment

did my comment get deleted/filtered? why am i not seeing it?

Comment

Working...
                      X