Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel betrayed with this last patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel betrayed with this last patch?

So as it turns out, AGI based classes no longer stack crit-rate naturally and instead we gain Crit Dmg with every point of AGI like the other classes. While it's good for new players that now they wont have to invest on crit dmg, this arises a new issue. Now EVERY AGI class has to invest on critical rate. And what about those of us that had already done the investment of getting crit dmg plates/talismans/jades? we're left with a bunch of gear that is now "useless" and a feeling like we just got stabbed in the back by the devs.

I don't know about you guys, but i seriously feel like ED just spat on me and my efforts to draw out the potential of my character. I spent some 400k on 10 plates with crit damage (bought them when they were 40-45k gold the piece) and now this change in the system left me with an overflow of crit damage and very little crit rate (64%). Even with a fatal plate (which i've never had to use since cap 60) i can only reach 75% crit.

I knew that "Balancing" and "Good administration" were foreign concepts to EyeDentity but this seriously leaves me wondering if they even think these things through before pushing a patch. They changed the archer's party buff from boosting critical rate to boosting critical damage because they knew that buffing critical rate was irrelevant at that point. Now, with this patch, buffing critical damage has become irrelevant thus rendering the archer's buff useless once more (at least half of it). Seriously ED? what's the point of this?

Nah, if they didnt fix agi we will never be on par with non-agi class in terms of gearing, we had to absolutely use our 3rd stat to cdmg.

...archer's buff doesnt work that way, it adds damage when you deal crit not increase %

Comment

Still majority of agi class will benefit from this, before my Gearmaster never achieved 300% crit dmg even w/ all 45k plates and 32k plates. 89% crit can easily attained by replacing some of those plates w/ fatal plate and 41k crit. . You spent 400k gold you say for 45k plates, that means it's been months ago or year ago. So you already benefitted from it for months. As for archers buff become useless I can say nothing about it since loli's don't have that kind of buff. And my 2 archers are int type seldom use them.
      Last edited by atom100; 07-11-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whatupguys1 View Post
        archer's buff useless once more (at least half of it)
        At least you guys get action speed buff.
        Meanwhile assassin had no choice but to pair up with useless HP buff from cleric just because only these 2 classes uses elemental attacks on all of their specialization.
        I Cri Evrytiem.

About your crit and crit damage, look at it on the bright side.
        Instead of 10 crit damage plates, you only need like 3 crit plates and the rest you can put damage increase stat, patk/FD which means your potential is higher than before.
        You choose to invest 40k per plate last time knowing the value would drop eventually, it's a risk you take for being early adopter.
        Imagine those who cap their FD just before they introduce Lebria heraldry, that felt worse in the beginning but they can ditch some FD plates and increase their damage further with other stat increasing 3rd stat.

The point is there will never be a final setup for a game like Dragon Nest, you will need to change a thing or two over the course of time whether you like it or not.
        Things got easier now with those heraldry boxes, start from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Knee View Post

At least you guys get action speed buff.
          Meanwhile assassin had no choice but to pair up with useless HP buff from cleric just because only these 2 classes uses elemental attacks on all of their specialization.
          I Cri Evrytiem.

About your crit and crit damage, look at it on the bright side.
          Instead of 10 crit damage plates, you only need like 3 crit plates and the rest you can put damage increase stat, patk/FD which means your potential is higher than before.
          You choose to invest 40k per plate last time knowing the value would drop eventually, it's a risk you take for being early adopter.
          Imagine those who cap their FD just before they introduce Lebria heraldry, that felt worse in the beginning but they can ditch some FD plates and increase their damage further with other stat increasing 3rd stat.

The point is there will never be a final setup for a game like Dragon Nest, you will need to change a thing or two over the course of time whether you like it or not.
          Things got easier now with those heraldry boxes, start from there.
          I noticed that the increase of crit % for every critical point now is much higher. Just by equipping a wind plate with 24k crit, i managed to increase my crit % from 75% to 80% so as you say, it might not be as bad as i first thought. It may even be possible to reach the cap with just 2 45k crit plates. Still, I feel it would have been a better choice to simply increase the AGI:CritDmg ratio and leave critical rate as it was, because this change doesn't only affect AGI classes (they are the most affected but they're not isolated), every class gained critical from the AGI provided by the calypse/skila armor and weapons which actually gave a considerable amount of it. My Flurry which didn't need any crit plates other than a Fatal plate with STR also had a considerable drop in crit%, and from what i heard, several of my guildmates and friends also noticed a drop in crit% despite not being AGI based. I might be wrong, but just from what i heard, we're all in the same boat. We all now need to equip at least a couple of 3rd stat crit plates along with a fatal plate, which takes away the possibility of using raw ATK/STR or FD plates on those slots.

TL;DR
          It's not as bad as i first thought, but it could have been done much better.

Comment

If I remember correctly, it was mentioned in the patch notes that hero level now gives raw crit chance (%) and as your hero level increases, so does the stat.
            After reaching a certain hero level, you have gained a huge amount of raw crit chance (200k or something).

I know, yeah you have to grind for it, but I think that compensates decently enough.

Comment

• atom100
              atom100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hero lv 500, it's 220k crit. that's why my non agi class not affected, still 89% crit. if 89% before.
          Working...
          X