No announcement yet.

Nateal's Guide On How Not To Suck As A Ripper [95 Cap Ripper Guide]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is more of a recommendation, rather than a correction, but I highly suggest that you adjust your guide in anticipation for the upcoming skill change (which I believe will arrive in another 3-4 weeks).

Just to name a few modifications that can greatly affect Ripper build and gameplay:
    1. Shift Blow damage is increased to 1956% (2934% with EX, 5868% with clone activation)
    2. Blade Runner damage is increased to 2931% (3810.3% with EX)
    3. Izuna Drop damage is increased to 3996% (5194.8% with EX, 10389.6% with clone activation)
    4. Artful Chaser action speed is increased by 20% and its damage is to 5859% (10253.25% with EX, 20506.5% with clone activation)

Those 4 skill changes alone will require you to change several parts of your guide, particularly in regard to skill heraldry option and Blade Runner skill level.

Let's compare 6 usages of enhanced Mortal Blow (with 50% damage) and new Izuna Drop EX.

6 Mortal Blow CM3 would give you: 4672.5% * 6 = 28035% with 72 seconds cool down or 389.375% DPS
    6 Izuna Drop EX with 50% clone activation would give you: (5194.8% * 6) + (5194.8% * 3) = 46753.2% with 96 seconds cool down or 487.0125% DPS

Comment

• Nateal
      Nateal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll just update the guide when the skill changes are released in SEA. Though tbh the only thing I would change in the skill build would probably be taking some points off from Rain Drop and Mental Mastery, and dumping all that excess SP into Blade Runner. I've simulated it and it seems by modifying my build, putting Rain Drop at 11, Mental Mastery at 1, and taking 1 SP out of Flame Locust is enough SP to get Blade Runner to 16.

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not that I disagree with your build, but you ought to (at the very least) put some information regarding the upcoming skill revamp. for your readers. Otherwise, aspiring Ripper players might follow your build at face value while being oblivious to the changes.

A guide-maker should always strive to provide up-to-date information if he/she wishes to keep his/her guide beneficial to people. Adding a couple sentences regarding the skill changes can save people from the trouble of using a reset.

+1 for this guide, I hope someone can make guide for raven too

Comment

Your guide inspired me to use my Ripper again!

Comment

yup i changed my raven to ripper xD

Comment

Testing out the new buffs. So far, here's what I got:

• Artful Chaser AS increase is insane. Currently, Artful Chaser's AS is nearly as fast as pre-patch AS-Plated Artful Chaser. This means that we can dump the AS plate for something else.

• The CD changes to skills under Crippling Punisher Buff makes it a lot easier to get your 3x skill casts + 2x Beast swipe. There's a lot more leeway to reposition yourself if ever.

- DPS Tests -
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image_16793.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.3 KB ID:	116335

- I removed the AS plate for Artful Chaser and solo'ed RuDN 8man prac S1. Even without the AS plate, there's no trouble with using it which means that Artful Chaser dmg plate would probably be mandatory now.
          __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	209.7 KB ID:	116334

- I did a fast test on BTG using only 6 skills so I can compare their DPS with each other.

•Shift Blow lvl 20/19 (+1 from weap)
          •Flame Locust lvl 18/18
          •Blade Runner lvl 16/17
          •Rain Drop lvl 11/15

- Shift Blow is pretty good now, kinda. At the very least it's still better than Blade Runner.
          - Putting points in Blade Runner is definitely better than maxing out Rain Drop. It has almost as much DPS as Beast Swipe (minus Crippling Punisher)
          - Rain Drop's damage is really low in comparison to other skills now. However, it still does remain as one of the only 2 useful ranged skills that you have, and it's definitely more available for spamming than the 12s CD Flame Drag.

I'll update the guide either by tonight or tomorrow.
          Last edited by Nateal; 01-10-2018, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Just curious, how strong the boosted Ripper compare to before, in term of DPS.
            zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

• Nateal
              Nateal commented
              Editing a comment
              I cant really say based on my experience since Im still trying to complete my Calypse set, so my p.att isnt exactly the same right now than it was pre-patch. But I will say that the changes to skill CD while under Crippling Punisher buff makes it a lot easier to use, so it's definitely a lot easier to get higher DPS.

I'd leave it to the others to say exactly how much it increased their DPS lol.

• Lenxac
              Lenxac commented
              Editing a comment
              Its a good boost. increased speed, easier to fully utilise ulti buff. Leads to a much smoother gameplay and more dmg (dmg in skills increased).

As for how much increase, In rune8 hc:
              - My main ripper (800k atk, 8400fd) increase from 240m averaged (various pt combinations) to 290m runeHC svc (4man with only war buff)
              - My sub (470k atk, 7200fd) ripper increase from 100m averaged dps (various pt combinations) to 130m dps (6man svc)

havent been thru various party combination, and lack of robs on latest runs. but the boost can alrd be seen really nice and smoother gameplay.

Edit: just tried my main ripper in a full buffed pt, deals 330-340m dps
              Last edited by Lenxac; 01-11-2018, 10:50 AM.

i've tried both
            Art Dmg and Mortal Blow Dmg
            i've did more dps with mortal blow dmg plate

Comment

• Nateal
              Nateal commented
              Editing a comment
              Artful Chaser dmg plate affects all your illusions. AC should be doing around 25-30% of your DPS since it has 3 components (Regular Cast, Ash, and Summon Ash). If you're not getting as much DPS out of the AC dmg plate, you probably need to use AC and ulti more often for the illusions. Also, if you feel like AC's cast time takes too long, cancelling it midway alright too. Even cancelling it as soon as the illusion pops up is fine too.

Yes, Mortal Blow dmg is definitely a very good plate, but I would still say that AC dmg plate has higher priority over it.

• BananaCredits
              BananaCredits commented
              Editing a comment
              why not both? Crippling Depression - CD / Burning Coal - Dmg / Artful Chaser - Dmg / Mortal Blow - Dmg

• Lenxac
              Lenxac commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe those 4plates what bananacredits says is the best plate combination for ripper to maximise its dps in PVE.

but if u need another slot for whatever reason u have and comparing between art dmg vs mortal blow dmg plate, I'd say it depends.
              In long runs / high hp bosses: art dmg plate will be better compared to mortal blow dmg.
              But if the nest boss dies fast, then mortal blow dmg will be better as you wont be able to cast artful chaser enough for its potential to be seen (boss died 1st after few cm3 combo, b4 spamming ashes / artful).

Guide has been updated. Do comment if I missed anything.

btw, how do we change the title of posts here?
            Last edited by Nateal; 01-11-2018, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• BananaCredits
              BananaCredits commented
              Editing a comment
              what had u updated? I only notice the skill plates.

• Nateal
              Nateal commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess some pictures weren't showing up again. Fixed the skill builds.

Updated the guide after well over a year. Do people still even play this game?

Comment

if only they fix the Crippling Depression Punisher bug
              if you are God, and the delusion becomes reality. About what kind of the noids you get?
              Is it the sensual world?
              The despotic society?
              The destructive sanctions?
              Or...

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X