Questions about Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Saints

Suggestions about skill builds and plates of saint?
    ​​​​​(I only found 1 on google but I wanna know others too)
    And how do you solo level up a priest? As priest as your 1st character? (Do you also follow the story or just grind it?)
    Last edited by Adalgiso; 11-03-2017, 09:19 AM.

Hello! There's a somewhat similar thread about Saint skill build, plates and skill rotation in the second page of this sub-forum, I recommend you check that out first.

For solo level as a Saint, I think that is extremely hard unless bother to gear up your Saint (highly not recommended), or consider starting as an Inquisitor, then, use your Job Change scroll in your 95 Achievement Box to be a Saint. If you really want to solo, you must have balls of steel and be extremely patient and I applaud you for that.

Comment

If you really plan to solo level up and try not to look for the party then I suggest taking all Inquisitor skill tree and then use your skill reset from irene after you reach your max level .

Comment

• Adalgiso
        Adalgiso commented
        Editing a comment
        on level 24+, parties become so less and thus leveling up makes me cry. Also do I have to follow the story line or just grind?
        Last edited by Adalgiso; 11-02-2017, 11:46 PM.

• Shiroono
        Shiroono commented
        Editing a comment
        adalgiso just like what reisaki suggested. try getting all the attack skills in priest skill tree. just dont get first the skill reset from irene after the first job change level 15. use it after u reached 95

Hi here my skill build and skill plates on my saint character

#SupportLifeChooseMe ♥♥♥

Click image for larger version  Name:	saint skill plates.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.7 KB ID:	104423Click image for larger version  Name:	saint priest skill tab.jpg Views:	3 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	104429Click image for larger version  Name:	saint sain skill tab.jpg Views:	2 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	104430Click image for larger version  Name:	saint awakening skill tab.jpg Views:	2 Size:	112.5 KB ID:	104431Click image for larger version  Name:	saint cleric skill tab.jpg Views:	2 Size:	123.5 KB ID:	104427
      Attached Files
      Last edited by xDDoSx; 11-03-2017, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Adalgiso
        Adalgiso commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for sharing. I just want to ask why almost all of the saints take Holy Kick and some level it up to 6?

• Couplord
        Couplord commented
        Editing a comment
        Adalgiso

For pushing, notably in raids

This is my pure support PvE skill build for saint. This involved no mathematical calculations, I just suit it to my gameplay.

Cleric Tree~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy Kick:
      is important for pushing mechanics like the seed mechanic in S3 of RDN or pre-boss area of IDN. I didn't bother to level it up to 6 since it just increases your max range. Since I do well with level 1 range, no need for me to level it to 6.

Toughness:
      Took toughness for emergency reasons like accidentally got hit due to lag or falling off my chair, since saints shouldn't die easily.

Physical and Mental Mastery:
      Same reason as toughness, but I really just leveled up Mental Mastery for the 45 SP requirement (I didn't reset my skills when 95 cap came).

Holy Bolt:
      Level 6 because Class Mastery 3 happened (I am really disappointed that our CM3 is not a support skill/thing).

Heal:
      It doesn't fit my gameplay, since the heal is so small (I'd rather invest it on toughness).

The rest should be self-explanatory.

Priest Tree~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miracle Relic:
      The only reason I put out Miracle Relic is for the 30% damage reduction. Level 2 and 3 gives the same damage reduction. It's just that level 2 and 3 gives the relic damage (iirc, which is like negligible to raids since your role should be healing people).

First Aid:
      This thing, I gotta say has like a big chance of happening. This is also a reason why saint's HP are always full or nearly full.

Wand Mastery:
      Extra 18% INT is nice.

Mind Breaker:
      This thing is a debuff (I have no idea how debuff stacks, as said before, no math/statistics/hypothesis testing here). Correct me if I'm wrong on this one. Every level just gives the same amount of debuff. It's also cool to do an attack after dash XD.

Avenging Wave:
      Does not fit my gameplay.

Heavenly Judgement:
      For i-frame purposes. Like RuDN pizza mechanic (I'd rather do the mechanic though).

The rest should be self-explanatory.

Saint Tree~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also self-explanatory. Except CM3, I was really disappointed (I also can't aim well with the Blessed Sign that follows up after Holy Bolt). Felt like I wasted SP on Holy Bolt. Also doesn't fit my gameplay.

Awakening Tree~~~~~~~~

Self-explanatory.

Skill Plates~~~~~~~~~~~~

I recommend: Cure Relic CD reduction, Healing Relic CD reduction, Bind Relic CD reduction. Last one is up to you, I put Shock of Relic damage before, but now with the new contents hitting hard on DPS classes, I'm thinking of changing it to Protection Shell buff duration. Miracle Relic CD reduction can also be used, but I tend to use Protection Shell more often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
      Experience:

I main a saint. I use it for soloing dungeons and supporting in raids. I've leveled 4 saints from scratch with perfect build (perfect meaning my own pure support build). You can already see how badly it will go, having no help from the Inquisitor side. I tell you, just take Inquisitor when leveling or at least take the inquisitor side skills. There's a free skill reset scroll from Irene after you job change to priest. Don't claim the scroll till you're 95, because by then you will have a general idea of the class and how it will fit your gameplay; therefore, you will be able to know what skills you want and what you need to take.

If you're rushing to get to the level cap then go grinding (repeat the same dungeon over and over), but as for me, when I first leveled a saint (this is my 2nd character, my 1st was academic) I followed the storyline. It keeps you less bored (CRY I MISS IONA AND GERAINT AND ARGENTA TvT). But for my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Saints, I went grinding. Solo, EXP boosts help a lot too, watch out for those, and Sunday hot spring buff.
      Tips on Raids:

In my opinion...
      >Don't drop Lightning Relics in raids... EVER. People get stuck in the mini relics and die, occasionally.
      >Watch team member's HP every 1 second (a bit exaggerated but you get the idea).
      >Always be ready to heal on emergencies (you'll know what I mean when you get the hang of raiding).
      >Always keep Healing Relic, Cure Relic, and Bind Relic up. Healing relic - very obvious. Cure Relic - Speed. Bind Relic - Debuff (again no math here).
      >Eye on mechanics, even if you're watching your teammate's HP DON'T EVER MESS UP A TEAM MECHANIC, because that just defeats the purpose of why you're there :> (to let people live, and die if you're evil).
      >Know your teammates. If you know Person A is gonna mess up the next mechanic and damage himself, your hand is all ready to press the heal button.
      I guess that's what you need to know most. I have no idea if TS is ever gonna see this, but other saints will probably see it XD. Hope this helps LOL.

Comment

• Skyros
        Skyros commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, Mindbreaker has no debuff. Only the EX version (for Inquis) has the -Elem Def debuff. Better invest the Mindbreaker SP to Avenging Wave incase of a flinch to keep you grounded. Wand Mastery gives +MAttack % not +INT. First Aid is a pre-requisite skill to [Awakened] Great Heal, so it's a necessary skill to get.
        If you're talking about raids, don't consider getting Protection Shell -CD plate as RUDN mechs are dying to clear your buffs. For CM3 Blessed Sign, I see some Saints having the mistake of casting it point-blank like the regular Blessed Sign. CM3 Blessed Sign has a 'cone' AoE, meaning the skill's area widens the farther you are. If you are casting CM3 Blessed Sign in close range, then your AoE is too small to hit targets. Or it could be that the boss runs out of the conical AoE.

• alkamas
        alkamas commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohhhhhhh I see. (I feel like the skill descriptions lied to me all my life now) I also seem to have misread the wand mastery XD. For the blessed sign, is there a picture of how big the AoE is? I know it's in front, but I still miss my target a lot TvT.

I main a Saint though mine leans more towards DPS than support. I'm still the main Saint in my Raid party but I guess how we will answer your inquiry will depend on the type and level of play you want for your Saint. I suggest checking out the thread for Saint skill build.

I usually have no problems dropping relics everywhere since my Raid team members already know how I play. If you're partying with someone new and they don't know how you drop relics, chances are, they will get annoyed that there are relics everywhere. But if your team is experienced enough, they will adjust accordingly. I usually have a spot at the edge of large bosses that are not being invaded by my raid teammates so I can DPS in peace. For human-sized or slightly larger bosses in raids I depend highly on Antiphona and is currently my main DPS skill.

For support, the general strategy is to keep Miracle Relic, Protection Shell, Great Heal and a fully charged (100 bubbles) Healing Relic in check. Your Great Heal is a good clutch recovery skill especially if your MATK is high. I reserve the 100 Bubbles mainly for AP but if the situation requires it then I drop a mega Healing Relic.

The rest of the fundamentals can be found in the Skill Build thread. Again I highly suggest you check it out. In the end, nobody can really give you a specific direction in what you wanna do with your Saint. It will depend on how you wanna play it and who you will be playing it with. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X