Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint or Inquisitor

Saint or inquisitor for pvp/pve . Thank you

first of all just play the class u really like not the one other think is better ...
    inquisitor and saint have diffrent purpose
    while saint main job is to support ur party memmber,Inquisitor job is to drop down the boss/enemy
    one is support the other is DPS
    pick the class u think u will gain the most fun with
    GL

Comment

Thank you mate

Comment

I would like to itenerate/expand what ChiefTheDogo said:

Inquisitors and Saints have two different roles in the game. The Saint is has a Support role in game, prioritizing in Healing while the Inquisitor is considered as a DPS class, with his role revolving in dealing damage.

Here are the pros and cons of each class (and their respective roles):

Saint
        PROS:
        -Saints are pretty much wanted in parties (depending in what the pubs/parties demand)
        -Parties are willing to look over your gears that much (meaning parties are not that picky over your gears, etc.) except in Hardcore Raids. You are a Support/Healing class, parties do not demand much from you in the damage dealing part of Nests/Raids as long as you can survive and keep supporting/healing your PT-mates.
        -You are a life-saver; meaning gratuitous PT-members may glorify you and you can make friends/connections easily depending on your total performance (and the toxicity of your PT-mates)
        -Saints are extremely easy to gear for (follow up to the 2nd pro).

CONS:
        -Some people prefer a 'high-octane, all-DPS, fast run' party. In which, your probable clientele will be reduce significantly (especially, in lower levelled nests)
        -You do not have the same damage-dealing ability in comparison to DPS-classes. Support classes have one drawback: a disadvantage at dealing damage. As far as Saints go, in your Skill Tree, you mainly focus on the Relic Tree of the Priest Skill Page, and you do not have that many options in damage dealing, especially as how Saints have marginal SP-management to get all necessary 'supporting skills'. Of course one can 'over-gear' their Saint to deal damage on par with DPS-classes with lower 'gear-quality' than you, but that depends on your tenacity and passion.
        -Toxic parties (or players) will blame you for everything when they die.
        -The Supporting role is very complex and there are certain 'rules' that maybe put up on you depending on the Nest/Raid situations. You also need to be up-to-date and be somewhat in knowledge with Nest/Raid mechanics and such in order to fully attain 'god-like supporting'.
        -Saints suck-ass at PvP (specially 1v1 PvPs) but the depends again in your tenacity and passion.
        -DQ and Slayer Mode may be hard/marginal for you (again, this depends on your tenacity/passion for gearing your Saint)

Now, for the Inquis:
        PROS:
        -Derp DPS class are must-haves in parties. You cant finish a Nest/Raid without a damage dealer cant you?
        -Cool/flashy Lightning skills (self-explanatory)
        -As a DPS-class, with enough/proper gears and skill rotations, you can probably see millions, nay, billions of damage being dealt in a single rotation (or not, Inquis skills are more or less multi-hit)
        -With a little sacrifice over your DPS SP skill distribution, you can support a little in your party (ehem, Cure Relic) when your in a 'high-octane, all DPS, fast run' party.

CONS:
        -Public parties are waaaayy too picky over gears for DPS classes (you can see the LF> HDPS badwagon around SH Ch.1). OR, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em and create your own party then join the LF> HDPS bandwagon.
        -There is a thing called a 'DPS ranking' and some pubs and/or players blindly follow that as gospel. Frankly, Inquis have good DPS capability but due to this 'the DPS ranking is a law that must be followed', public parties might not want to pick you (but hey, if you have OP-gears that dun matter!)
        -In terms of DPS situation/ability, Inquisitors depends on setting-up; meaning, screwing up an important skill (ehem, looking at ya, Consecration) could reduce your DPS capability in the long run. A proper mastery of this 'setting-up' is a must for Inquisitors, and proper knowledge can make you way better than novice Inquisitors.
        Last edited by Skyros; 12-06-2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Skyros
          Skyros commented
          Editing a comment
          Apologies for making you feel uncomfortable with the term. Already edited it to prevent further mishaps on the matter.

In my defense though, I mentioned 'uncultured players who follow [the DPS ranking] as gospel'. I meant that there are people who won't pick lets say Rank-A DPS classes for like VN Hell/RuDN Norm 8-man runs. In my constant search for pub parties, I sometimes get rejected for VN Hell parties because I am using a Gladiator (which is a Rank-A DPS class) even though I have the title and enough gears to run the said Nest.
          Last edited by Skyros; 12-06-2017, 06:55 AM.

• hell1401
          hell1401 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much . Now i know the difference of the 2 class

• Chelly
          Chelly commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh i understand what you mean. Pubs have a extremely wrong concept with this tiering of DPS which has mostly backfired. Casual nest as such you mentioned is nearly non - applicable due to the lack of party synergy as well as the low health of bosses compared to raid, where when all the buffs are present, its a completely different story.
      Working...
      X