Guardian???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardian???

So recently, I had classes over my mind and considered tank classes. I looked up and found guardian to be the most interesting tank class for me.

I haven't found any guardian pve guide here, so I might as well ask. Is Guardian still alive in PVE? Either way, can someone at least give me the basics on playing Guardian on PVE? Would love any tips from you guys.

Thanks and have a good day!

imo, tank class like guardian and destroyer only alive when every new raid comes. after that it dies out until the next raid come.

Check out my Ruina/Defensio videos

Comment

since tanking is very subjective there isn’t really much in terms of playstyle. Riuga’s guide is very helpful for mechanics from the old Cherry Credits forums (http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic...f-being-fixed/) and NA has Vahr’s guide which also covers the mechanics of the skills.

Otherwise I suggest playing any melee dps so you can recognize their weaknesses. Knowing how to tank is knowing how the riskiest DPSers think and act. Bonus if it’s a gladiator or flurry, since they have “parry” skills which translate to guard.

however playing the guard is different from playing the melee dpsers and highly dependent on your skillbuild and hotkey setup.

guard tends to be dead in pve, or unseen in pugs, since they put up with a lot of hate and are under-appreciated
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. Do you think I should continue playing Guardian? Seeing how inconsistent they are at having parties I think (at least for me), they are not seen anymore because most parties would like to have DPS in their team.. What do you think?

Comment

Guardian is always needed for end game exploration, however alternatively you can job change to crusader after exploration phase if you want to venture into the dps role . Dn is pretty versatile since you can always job change.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
          When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• Kwangjaaaa
            Kwangjaaaa commented
            Editing a comment
            What does end game exploration mean? Still pretty new to the game itself

• Chelly
            Chelly commented
            Editing a comment
            End game exploration is like the early phase of rune dragon hardcore raid, where most players aren’t accommodated with the mechanics

• Kwangjaaaa
            Kwangjaaaa commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah I get it. Thank you! I guess I'll continue on the path of guardian hehe

Everything above is true, it's just sad that you are only needed to help people survive while they are still learning the mechanics, once they know/understand everything then it's goodbye ( Unless you have friends and permanent party ). Don't get me wrong. I'm not discouraging you, feel free to play the class that you prefer. ♥ Guardian here.

I just hope for us to have a dungeon where a balance party is really needed.

Comment

• llight123010
            llight123010 commented
            Editing a comment
            true to this. Seems there is no upcoming balancing or boosting or something. Its already an extinct class. I'm the only guardian left in our guild... sad

Even if Guardian's are left out and some say "weak" they are still fun to play with, it's just that Nests are tailored to be class friendly, doesn't need any other necessary class if players know the mechanics inside the Nest.

Ever wonder if there was a Nest entirely needs 1 specific class in order to continue? like the Guardian class is required for this stage, they solely rely on the guardian in a party in order to stay alive because the mechanics requires the party to have 1 guardian class to protect them (Ex. Guardians has provoke, and SoF, the guardian is required to use provoke if said so by a notification, otherwise they will be team wiped, SoF or Block in order to parry an attack from the boss, otherwise he will die, after the mech, all party members are allowed to attack the boss)

The nests from today are quite challenging without experience, but afterwards it's easy, so maybe adding more diversity, class requirement in different types of nests in different stages, is a good option to make everything else challenging, and adding popularity to some class, this will also diminish class discrimination since 1 particular class is required for some nests, other slots could be a DPS, another support like a healer, or another tank besides the guardian (Destroyers on the other hand, are semi-dps, they are only tough because of their howl charging and toughness passive from the mercenary job)

Comment

Working...
          X