This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Inquisitor PvP Guide on Skill Build, Plates, Pros and Cons

Yes, Inquisitors in PvP… More obvious in the 1v1 side of PvP, their mobility is really bad but nonetheless is still strong when used right. I'll admit it's hard to tell someone how an Inquisitor can be or should be played because of the state that they are in. So... I only can say that it's really based on practice and finding your own playstyle.

I will be presenting a 2 skill builds here with different variations:
    1V1 Build and Group Build

Pro and Cons of Inquisitor in PvP
    First of all, the pros and cons of an Inquisitor in PvP

Pros:
    • Large AOE skills such as Lighting Storm and Consecration
    • Despite nerfs, still, have a few skills with high electrocution rates such as Awakened Avenging Wave and Lighting Bolt EX
    • High damage dealt by Awakening Avenging Wave
    • Can attack from close, mid and long ranges
    • Can use relics just like saints
    • Awakening Detonate’s second hit and deal damage without electrocution
    • Can deal extremely high damage when Lighting Storm hits enemies WITH CONSECRATION BUFFS
    Cons:
    • Have the worst mobility among all or most classes and is the easiest to juggle on
    • Requires a lot more effort to deal damage compared to other classes
    • One of the harder classes to create a combo on enemies
    • Avenging Wave isn’t ready at the beginning of KoF, causing Inquisitors to be juggled at the very beginning
    • Low electrocution rate by Chain Lighting
    • Mind Breaker’s stun rate nerfed to 5%
    • Dependent on Holy Bolt Level 16 or higher in 1v1 settings (will explain more later on)

Skill Builds:
    Note that these builds are from my personal preferences
    1V1 Build (Variation 1)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pvp1.png Views:	1 Size:	605.7 KB ID:	121115

1v1 Build (Variation 2) Click image for larger version  Name:	pvp2.png Views:	1 Size:	603.9 KB ID:	121116

This skill build is mainly ONLY for 1v1 purposes

Level 16(or higher) Holy Bolt will allow the Inquisitor to gain more offensive power in a 1v1 setting since you are only facing a single opponent. Being able to land a single holy bolt can change the entire game drastically. Along with Bind Relic, you have a better chance of defeating your opponent.

Well, if you don’t want to take bind relic it’s really kinda up to your personal preference.

Holy Kick level 6 and Divine Combo level 6 reasons are pretty simple: Because the skills are enhanced and work very well in 1v1 settings.

Bind Relic max level:
    Bind Relic is at max level due to its cooldown reduction. In 1v1 settings, you don’t have much time to wait for your cooldown as your enemy is always trying to attack you. You need to get least a single bind relic up properly to turn the tables a lot easier compared to not having a bind relic or having a level 1 bind relic. By adding in a cooldown heraldry on Bind Relic, your bind relic will be ready in 29.6 seconds after the first relic. Which means you only have to wait for 17.6 seconds instead of a long 48 seconds (38.4s plated with
    cooldown) at level 1 which is a drastic reduction in cooldown. The cooldown of Bind Relic can be reduced slightly further with skill up heraldry and skill accessory.

Charge Bolt:
    This really depends on the player’s playstyle. If the player knows how to execute Charge Bolt well, it will be able to deal massive damage to the enemy, however if the player does not know how to execute Charge Bolt well, its low super armor will cause the player to get juggled a lot quicker than using skills such as Grand Cross and Holy Burst which is why it is left at level 1 or level 18. Again, this depends on the player’s playstyle and how he or she wants to play.

Mind Breaker/Grand Cross Level 1:
    After all, they nerfed the Grand Cross not because of its damage but speed and how the new one is designed since 90
    cap (I wish they brought back the slow version) so the Bind+Grand Cross combo is no longer usable and Inquisitors used to that will have to adapt to the current version which honestly, personally I find horrible as it literally stops when it hits an enemy and is easily escape-able. In most cases, I will aim at the ground to create a "small damage dealing area".
    Mind Breaker explodes faster now which means there is now lesser time to react when an enemy has been pushed back by the electric ball – meaning that the player will find it harder to combo the enemy when waiting for cooldowns to be completed. These are a few things that must be thought. Heck, the Stun Rate is so low you might as well say it's non-existent.

Most of the other skills should be easily understandable. Nonetheless, Inquisitor has become a lot harder to play ever since the new grand cross and awakening(after all the nerfs) arrived.

One of our higher damaging skills would be Lighting Bolt as it is one of our lowest cooldown skills as well, making it Inquisitor's main DPS skill in any pvp setting aside from Judgement Spear and Lighting Storm.

For Group PvP:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pvp3.png Views:	1 Size:	603.2 KB ID:	121117

Holy Bolt is not exactly needed in grouppvp as you are not facing a single enemy. However, Bind Relic is needed as the bind range is an AOE bind which means you can bind multiple enemies. Also, take Miracle Relic so that enemies within range will get flinched which will allow your teammates to have the advantage when you get the chance to do so. You can max Heavenly Judgement in the skill tree above as there are spare SPs. You also may want to max your Shock Transition for maximum range. You may reduce Holy Bolt to 1 or 0 to learn Toughness.

Again, this is my personal preference skill build so do adjust it to your liking as well.

Heraldries:
    Note that these heraldries are my personal choice and you should pick what suits you the most.

For 1v1 Settings:

Holy Kick Action Speed
    Half Turn Kick Action Speed
    Holy Bolt Reset Chance
    Bind Relic Cooldown
    (For extra heraldry slots: Lighting Bolt Cooldown, Consecration Cooldown and Detonate Damage)

For Group Settings:

Bind Relic Cooldown
    Chain
    Lightning Damage (For maximum damage when transferring electric shocks from one to another)
    Lighting Bolt Cooldown
    Consecration Cooldown
    And 1 other (You can pick from below)
    For extra heraldry slots: Holy Bolt Reset Chance, Detonate Damage or Shock Transition Rate.

Nonetheless, despite Inquisitors’ flaws, they are still fun to play as they require a lot more thinking and skill to play compared to many other classes at the moment. No skill build is perfect so if you have a better idea, do tell me below and I’ll try my best to reply as soon as possible.

I'm sorry that I am not able to write much about Inquisitors in a 1v1 setting but I will do my best to update this and make this the best that I can with all the experience that I have with me at the moment as well.
    Last edited by WolfLover; 02-05-2018, 11:09 AM.
    Class Mastery 3 guide with some details
    Edited as of 28/11/2017

Will update this reserved post soon for current build and further explanation.
    Last edited by WolfLover; 04-09-2019, 01:11 AM.
    Class Mastery 3 guide with some details
    Edited as of 28/11/2017

Comment

Galing inquisitor!

Comment

Sticking this one

Comment

is cleric dash skill usable on pvp/ladder and group pvp? when i toggle the skill it says not usable on pvp hehe

Comment

• Lans Vahndreas
            Lans Vahndreas commented
            Editing a comment
            It does not allow on PVP now. So, yes, the skill description for PVP on the dash skill says not usable is clearly right.
            Only Warrior classes still can use dash skill.
        Working...
        X