Crusader Revamp (Rework) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusader Revamp (Rework) Discussion

Title says it all. Since Crusader Revamp is two patches away (included in GDN Reboot patch), I figured it's time to purge all curiosity on how will Crusaders fare with their new skill kit.

Let me start the discussion by shooting a few questions of my own:

1. Awakened Elemental Aura v. Awakened Conviction Aura v. Aura Switching

2. SP restrictions in PvE

3. DPS potential in PvE

4. Are Crusaders finally good in PvP?

Comment

• CLYMAX
      CLYMAX commented
      Editing a comment
      1. Aura Switching is for better usage of both auras:
      Conviction lets you move faster, adding it up with DA would improve your chances of chasing down an opponent in PVP (especially in CAP mode) and this is also useful in dungeons whenever you need to run long halls, stairs or tunnels (PFC, ACC, SSC Dungeons, and CB)
      Elemental Aura (Now is Divine Blessing) Has been reduced its effectiveness by 50% by removing the 10% light atk from the total of 20% from before, but gained new enhancement in the Awakening section (30% chance of recovering cooldown for Might Blow and Hammer Hand, but their damage output has been reduced by 30% since they could be used consistently now by the awakening enhancement of Divine Blessing a.k.a Elemental Aura)

2. There are SP issues with the crusader now since you will be spamming your abilities (MB, HH, LS>ES , DB>JH , ES/JH>DC) and you will be using your Thor's Hammer more frequently by spamming your regular MB and HH, because after its cd recovered, after the instant, the regular skill is also recovered which means you can spam it and recover 10 sec of cd on your Thor's Hammer, use Thor's hammer as early as possible in dungeons and nests, but position yourself and avoid being aggro-d by the boss, because you cannot cancel the casting of TH.

3. DPS potential of the Crusader has increased drastically, by having the skills to have instants, and also recovering their cooldowns pretty quickly by spamming light attribute abilities, this could change the gameplay of crusaders from heavily dealing DPS when properly geared, to a neris friendly geared player dealing decent damage on par with other class from now on.
      also, some of the skills like DC (Divine Combo) HH, MB had their damage output to be reduced, you can freely use them frequently when the recovery of cooldown procs, as for divine combo, it's regular damage without Class Mastery III's enhancement, is just plain, you don't have to use the whole skill animation of DC, just use left or right click right away (Left click attack with an electric orb requires you using the instant of Electric Smite for magical damage, it will give you a 1 minute buff that will let you spam your DC and deal a large amount of damage in just 1 blow, right click function of DC requires you to use the instant of judgement hammer, before you can do that you need to use Divine Breaker [Tumble/Dash>Left Click to use DB> use Instant JH] after that there will be an icon buff similar to Divine Avatar's icon buff, the effect is to enhance the right click's Physical damage)

4. CM III doesn't work on pvp and Divine Combo is a good way of dealing damage to players around you and approaching you, and there are restrictions to some of the recovering cooldown of your abilities in PVP, but it will be a good advantage since crusaders are the only ones having them, and electrocution is a pain in the buttoms in pvp since they will break their skill usage each 6 seconds interval of electrocution, and it will last atleast 15 seconds if you stack it up (Lightning zap will be there to help you out in situations)
      in short, crusaders got better in pvp

1. Conviction Aura before casting normal MB and HH to get that -40% cd, then switch to Elemental Aura for -40% cd reduction chance and INS activation (until normal MB and HH are available again, then repeat)

2. His skill tree is certainly... unforgiving. There's barely any SP left to max Divine Avatar, Holy Relic, or level 6 Holy Kick, even when I tried to go for pure PVE build.

3. I assume he's somewhere around Ripper level, slightly above Inquisitor pre-January boost. Awakening skills heavily rely on RNG, similar to Saleana.

4. Nah, he's still bad as ever in PVP. Even tanker/healer characters can deal more damage than Crusader.

Comment

• marzial09
      marzial09 commented
      Editing a comment
      not to mention they'll be removing aerial block aswell swapping it with a new skill.

• Teban19
      Teban19 commented
      Editing a comment
      is holy kick lv6  necessary in pve ?

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really. It does, however, help you push things faster during some mechanics.

Well, it's not as if there's plenty of options once you have maxed all your core skills...
      Last edited by NearLawlet; 02-22-2018, 12:07 PM.

the dps under different aura depends on ur gear and the nest or raid, if with highly gear, conviction aura could give high and stable dps, yet, it depends on the nest. Switching aura works good when u r going to very hard nest. purely elemental aura is not that good in dps.

As i see in the skill build tree posted by NearLawlet, the DA got no rationale to +3 , as which skill gonna be change to a really long CD, a +1 is enouf, SP should be enough, and the Class Mastery 3, is optional to learn as the skill dmg is really low compared with other skill, and it requires pre-casted smite or judgement hammer to boost the dmg of divine combo, which is compilicated.

as for the dps potential of Crusader, yes, the potential is huge.... but you need really good gear for the potential, which good gear i mean is not L +20 or T2 L +20 with unique jade, L jade would be best for crusader owing to the jade boost , where u can gain 40k patk and matk from a attack jade, 21k patk and matk from a defence jade by the L jade boost, though unique jade also will be boosted, it is decent as well. yet, the revamp would make the disparity of crusaders huger and huger, as it could say that normally gear crusader and L jade crusader, are 2 different job, the normally geared crusader dps is possible to drop or keep unchange after revamp (could be tested with using lv93 A jade).

But the revamp is still good since it make crusader become a very interesting and "playable" job, the mobility of crusader is increased again.

Comment

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      u ll know when u gear very good , dat a bit dmg of divine combo, is too optional, cant u even have time to cast that skill when in real raid or nest, which is i saw in china DN.

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      saw some CDN crus, tho only 2m atk with both patk and matk, the Divine combo dmg only 1b around, compared with HH and MB, is too less.

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      oh , sorry, after i checked the video i fount the dmg of that divine combo is not even 1b, so is too low

Since all Crusader skill damage % are equalized now, are Hybrid stat Saders viable now? (Worth to mention is the loss of Stat % bonus in Defensive Jades)

Comment

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      balance patk and matk is the best

Just some Skill Rotations I found on YT:

Conviction Aura Rotation:
    https://youtu.be/Hqmr3jobGig

Elemental Aura Rotation:
    https://youtu.be/96KBqXOymUA

Aura Switching Rotation (different Player):
    https://youtu.be/wLoUcinwF4E

The Conviction Aura rotation looks like the best rotation to use. Aside from the fact that Elemental Aura relies on RNG, Conviction Aura takes advantage of the CD reduction for [Awakened] Thor's Hammer. The Aura Switching Rotation seems like you would miss casting a Hammer Hand which delays the CD of your Thor's Hammer (thus potentially reducing overall DPS). Conviction Aura also gives +Act Spd % which makes Crusader cast times faster (and relatively safer too!), though the 10% LAttk % from Elemental Aura is sacrificed. Also, considering DN's short DPS windows in Nests and Raids, I doubt one can fully utilize the Aura Switching rotation.

P.S. Take the commentary with a grain of salt. All of it comes from my personal observations only (sourced from the videos I posted), and the gears could be a factor to see which is the better rotation for certain Gear Levels.
    Last edited by Skyros; 02-25-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      ops, i mean the hh and mb in ele aura board dmg is not so good.

• ceruulean
      ceruulean commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah but you have 20 seconds of jp (24 with plate), surely can cast more than 2 hh and 1 mb. I think the rng risk is worth since the buff duration is short and you cannot use more than 2 mighty blow with conviction aura in 20 seconds. 2 mighty blow > 1 stronger mighty blow

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Aura Switching is the best to use I guess under JP. Cast HH and MB under Conviction then switch to Elemental since you still need to cast your main skills to proc the effect.

With JP +Duration plate though, one can potentially cast 2 MB but it would be extremely tight and would need +Act Speed buff to make it happen.
      Last edited by Skyros; 02-28-2018, 05:51 PM.

after this revamp kicks ingame, I'm curious on what stats to stack on my gears like jades/plates/talismans should I balance str and int or focus on 1 base stats ?
    LordQuntus pls enlighten me thank you so much ~

Comment

• ceruulean
      ceruulean commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I assumed they wanted the best stat to stack, given the gear that is available and if you want to min-max, str is what you should focus on due to the existence of engravings.

Obviously if you play another int class and don't want to invest in str is your choice, but I'm not gonna say stacking hybrid or int is optimal because it's not.

And never recommend to stack agi, but you naturally get from lgrades, agi contributes to pdmg, and the more pdmg you get the more you benefit from pdmg % engravings. So anything that gets you more pdmg > more optimal, hence why I say to stack str.

Because skill % are equally balanced between p/m and CM1 gives both int and str 30%, and crusader gains the same amount of pdmg from str as mdmg from int, it really does not matter EXCEPT in cases where you can only choose pdmg or mdmg, or if you are wearing old gems (93 below)

You do not get dmg% of the weaker stat, that means weaker gain. In reality, as you've pointed out, there are 7 jade slots which means you probably cannot have equal pdmg+mdmg; one of the stats will dominate the other

Also divine combo has a multiplier that only applies to 1 type, so if you plan to employ DC in your rotation you need to focus on one stat.

Tldr; 50k pdmg+50k mdmg is the exact same as having 100k mdmg or 100k pdmg. If you care about weapon engraving scrolls then go str.
      Last edited by ceruulean; 02-27-2018, 01:32 PM.

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah seems like I've been held in error. Thanks for the explanation.

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      gearing depends on ur budget and the level u wanna achieve, i cant simply tell u go int or str, since i basically dont think there would be huge difference in stacking int or stacking str, since just differs in a zap, which skill count very little in total dps after revamp. Yet, str is cheaper then int, but with stacking int, u got a option to change job to inqui when u give up in crusader (a very costy class).
      i wanna say crusader is a good dps but only when it is end game geared, but yes the new revamp really make crusader become a more interesting job. the best way is not to stack int or stack str, since in both way, u cant have a balance patk/matk, to make ur patk and matk relatively balance should be they way u go, which can give best burst dmg.
      Jades, of course if u have tons of budgets u can go for L jade, prepare 11 L jades will be no.1 choice, If not that crazy, then just use some unique str atk jade, due to the jade boost crusader benefits most than other class. so at least a unique jade is necessary.
      Talisman is simple, just use full str 2nd talis lv95, if possible open the extra slot for talisman (to be honest is a must for crusader), using str 2nd talis since is cheaper, and can boost much of crit dmg.
      if with all those gear, ur crit dmg still not cap 300%, might u can add some plate for crit dmg or crit, it is very obvious, both crit and crit dmg is very necessary for every class.
      the thinking is just like plate for crit/critdmg, talis for int/str, jade for atk.

Crusader can drop divine combo and/or zap to level 1, both skills suck. Maybe enhanced divine combo will show up as 2% on your dps meter...ahahahahahh. But sp for provoke, holy kick 6, toughness is better imo

Me personally think this is good : https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/kdn...-0-00-----0--0
    Last edited by ceruulean; 02-27-2018, 09:39 AM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who guards the guardians?

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      That 50% damage at level 19 is just an error. There's no change to Divine Combo damage in KDN December patch note, and the simulator is showing a similar value for both PVE and PVP.

As for Divine Combo, I stand corrected. The damage does seem to increase by an additive 3900% instead of 40x multiplier.
      Last edited by NearLawlet; 02-27-2018, 02:47 PM.

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Same values for KDN and CN simulator. Based also on the video, 26m for a skill with 16880% value is too small. CMIII Divine Combo with that value should be stronger than Hammer Hand but ceruulean 's attachment say otherwise.

So either it's a bug or KDN's Patch Notes forgot to mention such change.

EDIT: Divine Combo's 'Finishing Attack' deals twice the damage (according to the Simulator) so at Level 19 that's 100% which well still sucks compared to old Divine Combo.
      Last edited by Skyros; 02-27-2018, 02:55 PM.

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with ceruulean, that 2 skill too sucks, zap is ok, since can activate ins hh and mb, but that divince combo, though is a handsome skill, but might i ll just learn it for its handsome instead of a bit dps therefrom.

Wow these forums suck
    but anyway Divine Combo has been nerfed to 50%, a quick glance at the KDN skill simulator will show this

You can sacrifice divine combo and zap to get BOTH toughness and iron will, or max combo and get only iron will, or whatever. It's your crusader, build it however you want.

a friend of mine has kindly tested the revamped crusader in JDN and has shared the skill spread.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...r_stats-01.jpg

Anecdote from KDN says divine combo sux

So zap and divine combo are not necessary to max. You can if you want for the most dps, but if you want to keep your classic paladin utility then those are the skills to drop.

My build chooses to take iron will because unlimited SA is better for DPS than toughness. I would say iron will is a staple to paladin, especially when you cannot use Divine Avatar as often.

divine combo does almost the same damage as Zap but with lower cd and faster cast I would rather max divine combo than zap. It's possible that with better gear zap will win since divine combo only amplifies 1 damage type.

​​​ Zap has it's prominence in an elemental aura playstyle, because multiple hits can trigger the instants. But the actual damage from zap is abysmal, and the boss can iframe before all the ticks register
    Last edited by ceruulean; 02-27-2018, 12:59 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who guards the guardians?

Comment

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      You can actually get both Toughness and Iron Will if you either leave Lightning Zap or Divine Combo to 1 and leave Holy Kick at Level 1 (and sacrifice 1 SP from Mind Conquer or Provoke if you want to get Divine Combo 19). IMO, Toughness can be useful for survivability specially under JP (with Iron Will) to face tank some hits in order to maximize JP's duration.

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      agree agree, hahaha

The Awakening has increased most Crusader skills from Holy Relic, JH, DC,MH, JP,SH and PVP, PVE bonus damage as well.
    Crusaders have a chance of becoming a Quasi-meat shield for a hunting party PVE !
    http://dnmgame.com.tw/sea_sqdl/en.php

Priestess of Darkness THRONE OF ELVES

https://www.facebook.com/DragonNestMSEA/

WONDERFUL THEME PARK Store( Hero Synthesis)

Comment

Seems many are hoping crusader revamp, but still might say something not so good, that revamp, might not make crusader much better, we just benefits more than others from Jade boosts, if without Jade boost, the revamp make just a bit improve in dps. Crusader will be still a class which is normal in dps, although i personally not care those dps very much, the playing style of crusader is becoming more handsome due to the revamp, hahahaha.

Comment

• ceruulean
        ceruulean commented
        Editing a comment
        Revamp makes crusader more spam like gladiator and flurry, less like paladin. But seems most people like it. Revamp just makes it easier for guard job change since strength was considered the inferior stat for crusader until revamp.

• Skyros
        Skyros commented
        Editing a comment
        I like it. It makes Crusaders more stream-lined like how Crus' skills are in a common CD group now and more mobile now too. I kind of also like what they did to JP (but I feel the need to kind of changing the values) as a 'burst moment' buff like how it was before. Finally good to see that Divine Hammer is a viable skill now (it sucked ass before). They should change the Skill Pre-requesites for the Class Masteries though, most of the SP is siphoned into those skills due to their skill pre-requesites.

• ELpatron50
        ELpatron50 commented
        Editing a comment
        ceruulean Crusader survivability has improved by additional Jadeboosts after revamp.
        STR, PATK stats that matter to inflict more damage using skill rotation combo, CD is to be
        carefully considered in this matter Awakening skills can now make a Crusader Class master
        on both PVE, PVP !

the revamp is here guys so what do you think ?

Comment

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some people already ranting about it....calling the mighty blow and hammer hand instant bugs xD ...just typical SEA days

here is my crusader Stat, Skill review and DPS Test... 1) Elemental Aura DPS TEST @7:13 2) Conviction Aura DPS TEST @12:08

Last edited by dbpaus; 03-18-2018, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Some observations for Crus after a week of playing:

1. [Awakened] Divine Breaker isn't Light Element (I mean wth ED, small details!)
        2. CM III Divine Combo confuses the heil out of me. As an old Crusader player, clicking the RMB for the [Physical] Damage Enhancement is unnatural. Maybe it'll take some time for me to become accustomed to it.
        3. Lightning Zap just sucks. Fairly high CD, damage is not applied instantly (Magical damage are in the 'lightning spread' ticks) and all of the other skills outclass it (Yes, Enhanced DC is better if you can consistently cast it).
        4. [Awakened] Elemental Blessing is way too unreliable for the possible damage increment. I noticed that the 35% proc rate isn't applied in per skill hit, but in the initial skill cast (and yes, you should hit the skill, otherwise the proc rate activation is wasted). Judgement Hammer INS and Smite INS does contribute to the activation rate which leaves you with 4 skills to rely on the activation rate and 2 of those skills are above the 20 second CD group. Even under JP, I find [Awakened] Conviction Blessing better. A surefire 1 MB + 2 HH with 40% damage increase/CD reduction is better than an unboosted 1 MB+ 1 HH with a chance of getting another MB and HH reset. (Aura Switching is the middle ground, using Conviction Aura for boosted MB and HH, then switching to Elem Aura for possible reset, but then, you could lose 1 HH cast due to it's fairly low CD)
        5. Even with different Aura playstyles, Crusaders now have a common skill rotation.
        6. For skill plates, I find Smite DMG, Judgement Hammer DMG and Thor's Hammer -CD core plates. For the 4th slot, I think it's optional for the player (personally I use JP +Duration, I could squeeze 1 MB cast under JP if I have Willpower and Harmonize buffs in specific conditions).

Comment

• ceruulean
          ceruulean commented
          Editing a comment
          Someone said even with equal patk/matk the LMB divine combo does more than RMB. But the skill is trash so probably not gonna bother with it

rate my crux pvp build anyone? @_@

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...---00-----0---

Comment

Working...
        X