Arch Heretic DPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Heretic DPS

How do you optimize the Arch heretic's dps?
    I try to balance the dark and atk%. (brutal soul tips it off though)
    Crit just a bit above 50%
    Crt dmg about 239%

My skill rotation is as follows:
    Execute>Evil Hand>Savage Attack> Devastation> Deadly Blow.

Whenever up I use these too:
    Land corruption>chaos shield
    Soul steal
    Carnage

And of course ​pray the boss doesn't fly off when using these:
    Death gate
    Sawblade

​​​​​​That's pretty much what I do. More crit is a given but what else? I'm seeing other classes doing better with relatively similar gears(such balance pfft). I don't know how are the other heretics doing out there. Would help a lot to hear your opinions.

Please enlighten a caveman.

​​​​​​

If you are torn between more attack power or elemental attack, use the following simplified formula to see which option would give you better damage:

Damage = ATK * [1 + (Elemental Attack %/100)]

1. Devastation consumes 30 bubbles (15% STR), so make sure you cast other skills first.

2. Only use Arch Heretic Transformation when you have 100 bubbles for maximum 50% STR. Otherwise, you'll get lesser bonus from the skill's STR to ATK conversion. Do NOT re-cast blindly while you have less than 100 bubbles.

3. Sawblade is best used in conjunction with Divine Combo as part of Class Mastery 3. Slightly lower damage, but much faster cast time.

4. Land Corruption is best used when you're spamming Carnage + Devastation. Dont use it for anything else.

5. It does not matter whether you wait for a while before using Deadly Blow, since its damage will only increase as time passes.

High Critical Damage is redundant if you don't have enough Critical. With that in mind, I would recommend that you:

1. Buy/craft 3rd Critical (41k) plates. Nowadays, they are fairly cheap at 4-10k gold depending on which plate you were buying. Don't bother buying one with only 24k crit.

2. Buy/craft Champion Attack Jade with 17k attack and 8% dark element. They give you much better boost than Champion Defensive Jade with 9k attack and 4k STR.

3. Buy Champion Talisman (magic grade) set. They're only slightly weaker than level 93 rare grade, but far cheaper.

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      Level 11 Deadly Blow when used every 7 seconds
      1,164% * 4.5 (350% damage increase) = 5,238%

Level 11 Deadly Blow when used every 20 seconds:
      1,164% * 11 (1,000% damage increase) = 12,804%

Based on the above calculation, using Deadly Blow every 7 seconds would produce higher DPS. As for Sawblade... It is better for you to use cooldown plate instead.

Technically, there is no limit to the amount of elemental attack you can get. However, one must consider diminishing return when stacking too much elemental attack (for more information, read here: http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/se...nversion-jades )

Again, if you are torn between more attack power or elemental attack, use my simplified formula.

• marzial09
      marzial09 commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy shiet I didn't know AH str bonus is affected by nightmare bubbles o - o

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      marzial09 AH bonus is affected by your STR stat, and your STR stat is affected by the number of your nightmare force bubble.

Noted. CD plate it is. Thankies

Comment

http://forum.dragonnest.com/sea/clas...etic-pve-guide

Shamelessly plugging my noob Guide for AH. Kind of outdated but I will try to update this (and transfer the guide to Google Docs for a more user-friendly interface) in the near future. For now, this could cover the basics.

Comment

• Zhenri V2
        Zhenri V2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thankies. I'm reading your guide for the in depth skill discussions but I'm still somewhat disappointed with my dps. Maybe I need more than what I already have now. (still can't kill mamon on 4man solo grrrr)

We are friend if u like A.H =)

Comment

• Zhenri V2
        Zhenri V2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Helloooo I actually watched a few of your vids. :3

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        We AH mains are so few

Any of you have speculations on AH dps at the current revamp on KDN? The dmg nerf on carnage and death gate.....sawblade which now acts like BP's shadow overdrive...and the new devastation.... Do you think its a nerf or good revamp for AH?

Comment

• RIKOxFreya
        RIKOxFreya commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure how's the X works yet versus the pain to gain > 60 sec...
        Not sure if they fixed the 10% atk bug ...

"if‘’ Based on the description, i don't think it's a revamp ...

Old 6548*250% = 16370% = 30 bubble
        New 8679*220% = 19093% = 60 bubble ( consume only if hit but 60 sec bubble zzz )
        or
        30 bubble included the X mark + flame ( 19093% ) & consume another 30 bubbles = 19093% ( ins ) then would be imba revamp =D

• NearLawlet
        NearLawlet commented
        Editing a comment
        I asked similar question to Fringe Show. It seems Devastation still consumes 30 bubbles for each additional attack (up to 90) regardless of whether you can land a hit properly or not.

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean I'm not mad at what they did to AH ....kinda glad his str gain is on cm now instead of relying on NM....the new devastation tho....its 60 bubbles yeah. 30 for X mark and 30 for that shadow flame thingy kinda wish we had video of someone explaining this but AH isn't popular in KDN @ ------- @

I'm more concerned on the P2G change. Main bubble generation skill on double cd while devastation just eats it with 3 hits. I wonder if the trade will be worth.

Comment

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        If they gonna nerf carnage dmg at least increase the nm gain by it per hit :/

Agree. This hurts the bubble system the most. I'd like chaos shield to contribute more too.

Comment

Working...
      X