• Show
Clear All

• Mr.Shovel's PVE Guide on: Crusader Class

Mr.Shovel's Guide on:
    The Crusader Class
    [Guide version as of March 26, 2019]
    [DN ver.412]

Hello there! Shovels here!

Welcome to one of my first guides ever created for a character! Since most of the guidelines that i make is intended to share all sorts of things such as tricks on earning gold, items, discussion about the use of many different types of Points, what is crystal points and how to use them, how can you do this, and that, and other stuff to know about the game, so please bear in mind to remind me of any mistakes that i made or if i miss anything while i make this guide.

This is a short and simple guide for the Crusader class that will contain information such as the Proper Skill build, skill rotation, best possible setup for Enhancement Heraldries, Talismans, Dragon Jades and Accessories, and to also discuss about his Dual stats since his main attribute is both STR and INT at the same time and his abilities uses both Patk and Matk as the attack type, making him the most Versatile character to gear.
    Introduction

The Crusader is one of the 2nd specialization of the Paladin branching from the Cleric Character, his role is a “DPS” which stands for Damage Per Second, meaning he’s in the offense and is meant to deal heavy damage against his enemies in a party, he’s a decent DPS class to choose from many other characters.

His abilities comprises of many “Burst” skills including Hammer Hand, Mighty Blow, Thor’s Hammer, CM III Divine Combo, and many more, and it means that each of the skills that i’ve mentioned has the ability to deal massive damage in just one or a few hits, this is a great advantage to take in so many situations that is in need of killing a boss right away or if a boss in a nest moves way too much.

He's the only unique class which is considered as the "Dual Type" meaning his main attributes are STR and INT, as well as his skills using both Patk and Matk as its DPS output. The Crusader is the only class that has that much versatility when it comes to gearing, considering he can either use Patk or Matk, but we will further discuss this topic later on into the guide.

Let me start off with the PROs and CONs of the crusader before we get into explaining the details of the skills

PROS:
    • Has wide AoE skills, mixed medium to close range skills
    • Mobile, doesn’t need proper position in many occasions
    • Skill cooldown time reduction from many factors
    • Hammers

CONS:
    • Slow Casting time for several skills
    • Constant switching of Auras
    • Doesn’t have flashy lightnings

Skill Build

The Image below shows my own preferred skill build for the Crusader
    DPS skill build for the Crusader
    DPS Skill build for the Crusader Class

The image above is my preferred skill build, this isn't an ideal skill build for most people since there is no Divine Avatar learned in this build, considering i mostly spam my Thor's Hammer to deal the most damage i can while making it as fast as possible to reduce its cooldown to be able to use it again at some point, and i don't have the time to use Divine Avatar if i will sacrifice a long cooldown for Thor's Hammer since whatever ultimate skill you use, the cooldown of that ultimate you use will also be the cooldown for the other skill, making it impossible for me to cooldown my Thor's Hammer in just below 50 seconds time, as a DPS your role is to deal damage, but ofc you need to survive in order to keep doing so, but since i like doing a YOLO run i would prefer this one, and also i like Lightning Zap so its maxed out

Here is the general PVE Skill build
    Click image for larger version  Name:	skill build 2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	158991
    General PVE Skill build for Crusader

I've sacrificed 9 SP on Lightning Zap in order to use it to increase the SP level of Holy Kick by 6 and to also learn Divine Avatar and maximize its SP level to 3, since both of those skills is part of your UTILITY skills which will help you out on your overall performance in a fight

Divine Avatar gives you invulnerability for 15 seconds on its basic level, but at level 3 it will increase by 10 seconds , overall 25 seconds duration for its buff, this will help you deal as much DPS as possible while the duration still lingers on while not worrying about any attacks of any boss in a nest, ofc this doesn't work on most cases such as a jump mechanic where all players is required to either jump, dodge or parry or block in order to avoid being damaged.

Holy Kick is one of your abilities to push around objects, in some cases there will be a boss stage and part of it needs you to push around objects, this will help you with doing it efficiently, although Shield Charge skill is also one of the best way to push around objects, you won't have it all the time since it will cooldown the moment you use it, so a level 6 Holy Kick will come in handy.

Dive Kick is one of your UTILITY skill that helps you fall down faster when you use right click while in mid-air, you can also use it in combo after being thrown up into the air and using Aerial Evasion, this way you will fall down to the ground more quickly and be able to stand your ground and accurately land on the spot where you want to, since jumping might slide you off to the spot where you want to land, Dive Kick helps you to avoid that.
    Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 03-26-2019, 05:19 AM.

Skill Details

Utilities

These are your “Utility” Skills, that comprises of many different skills to aid and improve your performance in battle.

Active Skills
    • Block
      • This skill can be found on your Cleric skill tree, Block is a buff type skill and after using it you will have the ability to block 5 normal attacks from any enemies you encounter for a duration of 15 seconds and has a cooldown of 45 seconds.
        • Use only when necessary, if you know that there will be incoming attacks that you cannot avoid at any circumstances, use Block before it happens, this works well on many situations in the game but doesn’t on some
    • Iron Will
      • One of the most useful skill a paladin has, Iron Will is a buff type skill and when used forms a barrier around your character, reduces any physical or magical damage you sustain by 30%, as well as putting your character into a super armour state which in by definition makes your character stiff and can’t be knocked back by under normal circumstances, except when the game says so and not the enemies.
        • Constantly use this skill to better improve your survival rate in a fight on a Nest, this will definitely reduce the damage you take but you’re not gonna be that tough to actually withstand any team wipe mechanics that happens on a Nest, it will still kill you and ignore the damage reduction of your buff.
    • Armor Break (Level 1 skill)
      • This skill is a debuff type of skill that when used, slams the enemy with your weapon and increases the damage taken by enemies that got hit and inflicted with the debuff by 20% for 7 seconds, this skill has a cooldown of 10 seconds and does minimal damage at its basic form since the Guardian class has the Awakening form of Armor break, but don’t be bothered by it. You only have to learn Armor Break for the debuff, and nothing else, increasing the skill level will only be a waste of SP
        • Always use this first before using all your damage dealing skills to further increase the DPS potential of your abilities, and remember that the debuff lasts 7 seconds and it also creates additional threat, meaning your aggro
    • Shield Charge (Level 1 skill)
      • This skill is neat, when you use it your character will hold upfront your shield and charges away on where you are aiming, this is a good skill to position your character or if you want to get close to an enemy before using any of your close range skills or using armor break primarily to break their damage resistance and improve your overall dps, not only that but it increases your damage resistance while using the skill by 50%, this also creates additional threat so your aggro will increase, but as i said, don’t be bothered by it but be mindful since any boss might attack you instead when you’re in a party. Only Learn the skill, do not increase the Skill level
        • Use it to get close to an enemy to use all your close range skills, also good as an escape tool.
          ​​​​
    • Divine Avatar
      • This is one of the Ultimate skills of the Paladin, for a General skill build for a Crusader, this is always learned and needed in so many situations, using this ability will make your character invincible, giving you the ability to avoid any danger for a short duration, in this way while you are invincible you can use all your skills without worrying of being hit when fighting off a large boss in a Nest, the higher the level of the skill the better the duration.
        • This is a necessary skill to use when you are in a difficult situation on a Nest, this will help you avoid any normal attacks done by any boss in a nest and maintain on using your damage dealing skills while avoiding any danger at the same time, but do mind that the invincibility effect only works in under normal circumstances, any mechanics in the nest you fail will definitely still kill you.
    • Judge’s Power
      • Your exclusive cup of steroids, this skill will definitely pump your crusader, this is a buff type of skill and when used, increases your Matk proportional to 100% of your STR and Patk proportional to 100% of your INT and with the Awakened passive this also increases your Final Damage by 20% so this skill is absolutely your powerhouse
        • Use this skill wisely as it only lasts for 20 seconds with a cooldown of 90 seconds, 70 seconds while skill is active. Always use this whenever you are going to use your best DPS skills, i will discuss this on the skill rotation later on in the guide.
    • Sacred Hammering
      • This is one of your Buff type skill, when this skill is used, you will be able to sling floating hammers in a straight path and will deal damage while it hits enemies on its way.
        • Use this for the purpose of destroying objects such as barrels and boxes on certain dungeons or even at Nests if there is any, it doesn't deal that much DPS but with consecutive attacks it does, use in between when using skills as a part of a combo, by holding down your left mouse button after using a skill you will have more hit combo than usual, but do mind that you are slightly moving forward while doing normal attacks.
    Passive Skills
    • Holy Kick (Level 6 skill)
      • One of your Utility skills to use when you need to push around objects such as the first stage of the volcano nest boss which a part of it you need to push a golem into the lava to prevent it from exploding and killing you or your team in the process
    • Dive Kick
      • May sound absurd but you may want to have this skill, this is a good way to fall down quickly after jumping or using Aerial Evasion, there is only a split second difference when falling on your own or using dive kick but this is definitely a must
    • Toughness
      • Don’t forget your Toughness, this is always a necessary passive ability to learn to reduce any damage you take
    • Physical Mastery (Level 4 skill)
      • Physical Mastery is a great passive enhancement to increase your HP, this is a must and should be maxed
    • Counter Blow
      • As the skill states, this is a passive that you need in order to use when you are knocked down, since this skill also has an “Iframe” or invincibility frame that the moment you use the skill, you are invulnerable to damage for a brief moment, also quickly gets you up on your feet, always a necessity
    • Dash (Max level skill)
      • Run
    • Aerial Evasion
      • As the name suggest, you need a skill to quickly regain yourself after tumbling up in mid-air, but doesn’t basically gives you the ability to evade in mid-air, ironic isn’t it?
    Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 03-26-2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Main Skills

In this section of the guide i will detail out the purpose of each of your skills in by definition in its EX Form, but before that, some of these skills are connected to one of your Awakening Passive the [Divine Blessing] from which i will discuss first before the rest of the following skills. (i will put tags such as "Conviction" or "Elemental" on each skills for recognition if they are connected to any of the two)

Elemental Blessing

This is one of your toggle-active type buff, when you cast the skill it will remain active until you switch into another aura such as Conviction Blessing.
      When this aura is active, you will get a 10% Light atk buff, and with the [Divine Blessing] Awakening Passive, when each of the following skills are used, there is a 45% of recovering the cooldown of [Hammer Hand] and [Mighty Blow] skills by 40% and enabling its INSTANT skill form (Does not share cooldown with the Regular skills)

[Holy Relic]
      [Lightning Zap]
      [Electric Smite] (not including instant)
      [Judgement Hammer] (not including instant)

Conviction Blessing

The other toggle-active type buff skill, when this aura is active, you will have an action and movement speed buff of 10%
      When this aura is active, it will also reduce the cooldown of [Hammer Hand] and [Mighty Blow] by 50% and increases its attack power by 45%
      • Divine Combo (DC)
        • In Class Mastery III, this skill is enhanced and its final attack will deal damage according to which skill is used to enhance it
          • Lightning Strike (LS) -> Electric Smite (Instant)
            • When this skill rotation is used, you will receive a buff called [Holy Power] and when you use Normal attack or the left mouse click to use the final attack, it will shoot off a ball of electricity infront on a straight path that will deal magical damage, the damage dealt depends on your Matk.
              • Alternatively, you can us LS or Lightning strike after any action by pressing the space bar.
          • Divine Breaker (LS) -> Judgement Hammer (Instant)
            • When this skill rotation is used, you will receive a buff called [Forestall] and when you use your Special attack or Right mouse click to use the final attack, your character slams the ground using your mace and deals physical damage around your character, the damage dealt depends on your Patk.
              • You can use Divine Breaker after using Sliding step or Dash and using your normal attack or left mouse click.
          • (Additional input) The buff lasts for 60 seconds, the buff will only determine which attack you will use either Patk or Matk, and you cannot have both buff active, so if you change your skill rotation and hit any of the other, that will replace the current one that is active for example:
            If you use the skill rotation to have the [Holy Power] buff while you have the [Forestall] active, it will replace it instead of having both
        • When Divine Combo hits enemies, cooldown of the following skills are recovered by 8 seconds.
          • [Holy Relic]
          • [Lightning Zap]
          • [Judgement Hammer]
          • [Electric Smite]
      • Lightning Strike [CM I]
        • With CM I this skill is enhanced and increases its attack power significantly, also a command is added to use the skill, by pressing the jump key or space bar while doing any other action, you can use LS instantly, and when LS hits enemies, Electric Smite Instant can be used (Instant does not share cooldown with Regular Electric Smite)
      • Divine Breaker [CM II]
        • With CM II Divine Breaker is enhanced, lightning will struck the ground and attack power is increased, and when DB hits enemies, Judgement Hammer Instant can be used (Instant Does not share cooldown with regular Judgement Hammer)
      • Holy Relic (HR) [Debuff] [Elemental Blessing]
        • This skill will inflict a debuff on enemies that are hit, reducing their elemental resistance by 20% giving you bonus damage dealt to the enemies with the debuff
          • Your primary and decent DPS skill to use to debuff your enemies before you use all of your DPS skills.
      • Lightning Zap (LZ) [Debuff] [Elemental Blessing]
        • One of the best cool looking skill to use, LZ will deal its primary damage by a percent of your Patk and deals half the damage in electric shocks that happens at an interval for a few seconds.
          • Your decent DPS skill, this is just a filler skill for the purpose of activating the cooldown reduction when "Elemental Blessing" is active. also a good way to electrocute enemies.
      • Electric Smite (ES) [Elemental Blessing]
        • One of your best DPS skill, causes electrocution at a certain rate.
          • Has an Instant when [Lightning Strike] is used on Class Mastery I , the moment Lightning strike is cooldown, use it to use its instant skill which doesn't have a cooldown (Instant does not share cooldown with regular ES or Electric Smite)
      • Thor's Hammer (TH) [Ultimate]
        • Your Bread and Butter, this is your best DPS skill and with its Awakening Passive, you will be able to reduce its cooldown by 10 seconds when either [Hammer Hand] or [Mighty Blow] hits an enemy (not including its instant)
          • Always use this in the beginning of a fight in partner with Judge's Powers, and all of your debuffs, also use Iron Will for an added damage reduction while using this skill to reduce any incoming damage that you might take by surprise.
      • Judgement Hammer (JH) [Elemental Blessing]
        • Similar to ES, you can spam this skill by using Divine Breaker, while using Sliding Step or Dash, left click to do a Divine Breaker that swings around his mace and summons lightning strikes infront and after hitting an enemy you can then use the instant of Judgement Hammer, this is in your Class Mastery II (instant does not share cooldown with regular Judgement Hammer)
          • Spam this skill whenever possible, this is a close range skill, even if it swings around on a straight path, you will deal its initial damage when you use it closely infront of an enemy.
      • Hammer Hand (HH) [Elemental Blessing] [Conviction Blessing]
        • Your Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, one of your best DPS skill, not to mention the cool Hammer slam
          • With the Elemental Blessing and Conviction Blessing switch aura combo, this skill definitely can be used continuously without worrying about its cooldown since with Conviction Blessing, its cooldown is cut in half, giving you all the time of hammering your foes down to the ground, as well as one of your Core skills to use to reduce [Thor's Hammer]s cooldown significantly.
      • Mighty Blow (MB) [Elemental Blessing] [Conviction Blessing]
        • The Egg's Benedict of any breakfast, your 2nd best DPS skill to use after [Thor's Hammer]. When using this skill, you will leap up and your character will be off screen but not entirely jumping upwards, at certain jump mechs the invincibility it gives you while your character is still using the skill (before landing and dealing damage) will make your character stumble and cancel the skill, but at some point it has the same effect as jumping upwards similar to the animation of Electric Smite jumping in mid-air in an elegant motion to land the strike into the ground before lightning stuck down the earth and shook its opponents with a smite of justice, oh yeah that sounds so mighty.
          • Same with Hammer Hand skill, all the Conviction Blessing and Elemental Blessing effects is the same for Mighty Blow.
      Skill Rotation

Since i have detailed all the necessary skills to use when fighting off enemies, an important factor to consider is the skill rotation, which will determine your overall DPS and not just by randomly using all your best DPS skills because each and every one of these skills have different effects to each other that will surely help you reach your best DPS potential possible..

First we will use the short terms for most of our skills which is their first prefix letters such as Hammer Hand being HH, Mighty Blow being MB etc.
      • Divine Combo - DC
      • Lightning Strike - LS
      • Divine Breaker - DB
      • Holy Relic - HR
      • Lightning Zap - LZ
      • Electric Smite - ES
      • Judgement Hammer - JH
      • Thor's Hammer - TH
      • Hammer Hand - HH
      • Mighty Blow - MB
      • Judge's Power - JP
      • Armor Break - AB
      • Shield Charge - SC
      • Elemental Blessing - EB
      • Conviction Blessing - CB - C

Thor's Hammer
      This skill rotation is the proper way of utilizing the Thor's Hammer DPS by reducing its Cooldown as fast as possible by also reducing the cooldown of [Hammer Hand] and [Mighty Blow] simultaneously after using the two of the skills to reduce the cd of TH, HR,LZ,ES and JH are all the skills you need to proc the cooldown reduction for both HH and MB while Elemental Aura is active.

Initial Step: HR -> AB -> JP
      Primary Step: CB -> TH -> (C) HH/MB -> proceed with Secondary Step
      Secondary Step: EB -> HR,LZ -> [ (Ins) HH/MB if CD then -> CB -> (C) HH/MB ] -> DB ~ LS -> (Ins) JH/ES -> JH,ES -> [ (Ins) HH/MB if CD then -> CB -> (C) HH/MB ] -> DC -> repeat until you recover TH cd

Initial Step is where you use your debuff skill, HR to reduce attribute resistance, AB to increase damage dealt, JP in preparation for Primary Step and Secondary Step

Primary Step is easily activating your conviction blessing for improved action speed of TH and also to consecutively use HH and MB with an improved attack power and reduced cooldown by conviction blessing, then to recover the cooldown of both HH and MB you proceed with the secondary step skill rotation.

Secondary Step's goal is to recover the cooldown of HH and MB, you could actually use the term "filler" if necessary since your goal is to keep spamming HH and MB skills to deal the most dps

LS ~ (Ins) ES can be in combination of AB after using AB press space bar to trigger LS, then (Ins) ES, you can also use LS after using SC or Shield Charge when you are closing in on an enemy to do a combo.

DB is also a good opportunity to use when you dodge an enemy attack, then you can either use AB or LS or both afterwards to do the combo, then rinse and repeat on both primary and secondary steps if skills are in CD

If you don't have anymore skills to use, DB and LS has short cooldowns and you can use it to trigger the Instants of ES and JH.

You can further experiment with different combos and skill rotation with the same effect and goal as to recovering TH's cooldown.

I will post a video that shows you how it would look like to correctly doing the proper skill rotation.
      Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 03-26-2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Equipment

In this section of the guide, we will be discussing which type of Dragon Jades, Enhancement Heraldry and Talismans and Attribute or the STATs to focus for your Crusader, since he's a Dual Type with both STR and INT as his main attribute focus.

STR or INT? Patk or Matk?

Either of them is necessary, but there are factors to consider that INT is better to focus than STR but ofc STR has its own advantages.

STR
        • Increases Patk
        • Increases Cdmg
        • Switching equipment when changing job into Guardian isn't a Hassle
        INT
        • Increases Matk
        • Increases Cdmg
        • Increases Mdef (Small amount)
        • Switching to other jobs such as Inquisitor or Saint wouldn't be a problem since they both focus INT and Matk
        INT is preferred by many,but ofc STR is still an option, Budget wise if you are using Dragon Jades, Enhancement Heraldry and Talismans that can be stored on your server storage, and you use several subs with either INT or STR as their main attribute, you can choose either so that you won't have to buy another set of each for your subs.

Dragon Jades

Selecting a type of Dragon jade for your character would be confusing at some point, but let's discuss each type of dragon jades that you can select

Defence Dragon Jades
        • Glass
          • This type of Dragon Jade has more attack power and with the basic HP value, this type of dragon jade is recommended for those who wants a Glass Build meaning they prefer to have more attack power over other stats such as HP
        • Vitality
          • This type of Dragon Jade has the basic atk power value on its stats, but it has VIT in addition to Vit% and HP% with the basic Max HP value in the dragon jade, this is preferred by many because it will increase their HP and improves their survival chance over a fatal hit of a boss in a Nest, and also a dead character is a dead dps, you can't deal any dps if you are already dead.
        • Fatal
          • This type of Dragon Jade has also the basic atk power value on its stats, but is still considered as an offensive type of dragon jade that increases both Critical Chance and Critical Damage at the same time but either of which has a higher value than the other
            • Fatal (Critical Chance) - has more Critical Chance stat value than Critical Damage
            • Fatal (Critical Damage) - has more Critical Damage stat value than Critical Chance
          • more CritDMG is preferred by many since capping or maximizing the Crit Chance value is easily achieved by certain accessories such as the Genesis Earring Accessory
          • This Dragon Jade is less popular than most, since Enhancement Heraldry and Talismans can achieve maximizing both stats easily.
        Attack Dragon Jades
        • Glass
          • Has more Attack Power
        • Attribute
          • Has Less attack power value but adding in an attribute of either STR, INT, and AGI into the Dragon Jade
        • Fatal
          • Some Attack Dragon Jades already has either Crit or CritDMG value on them, but Fatal ones has more stats and has both with the same value
        Then we proceed with the 2 Categories of the Attack Dragon Jade
        • Elemental
          • Increases your Elemental atk of the chosen attribute, either Light, Dark, Fire, Ice but ofc you would prefer Light since you're a Light element user
        • Attack Power
          • This Attack Dragon Jade increases your attack power by a percentage but it varies between different grades of dragon jades but an example of that would be the Unique Dragon Jade that increases 8% of the chosen attack power type
            • Physical or Magical

Now for a more General Dragon Jade setup for the Crusader

Defence Dragon Jades
        • Armors
          • 5 Vitality
        • Necklace and Earrings
          • Either 2 Glass or Fatal of which you prefer or what you lack, but i recommend going for 2 Glass instead
        Attack Dragon Jades
        • Main and Secondary Weapon
          • Main - Glass (Elemental)
          • Secondary - Glass (Elemental)
        • Rings
          • 2 Glass (Elemental)
        The General Dragon Jade Setup for the Attack Dragon Jades is preferred by many, but if you have other equipment that increases your elemental atk, then consider switching to Attack Power either Patk or Matk of which main stat you chose to focus (Patk if STR, Matk if INT)
        This is a more versatile setup for the Crusader Class, it helps with increasing his HP and VIT increasing his survival chance in Nests, as well as giving him atleast a bit of an edge with 2 Glass Defence Dragon Jades.

Glass Build

This isn't recommended for some who doesn't know very well how to properly use their Crusader, but with more practice, you will get the hang of it to further improve your instinct of when to dodge, use block etc. and mainly depend on your basic instincts to survive in a Nest, sacrificing your survival for more attack power

Defence Dragon Jades
        • Armors, Earrings and Necklace
          • 7 Glass
        Attack Dragon Jades
        • Main and Secondary Weapon
          • Main - Glass (Attack Power)
          • Secondary - Glass (Attack Power)
        • Rings
          • 2 Glass (Attack Power)
        This Dragon Jade setup is to say that you have all the necessary equipment to increase your light attack to a base value of 70% or above not including your Elemental Blessing Buff, in this way you have the most Attack Power possible, in combination with more attack power, ofc the attack type depends of which ever main stat you focused on.

On your Defence Dragon Jade setup, you can also select 5 Glass and 2 Vitality if you prefer more attack power than HP but without sacrificing too much of the benefit of HP, in this way you will still have more HP than entirely choosing a Glass build, you can also trade in 1 of the 5 Glass into a Vitality, making it 4 Glass 3 Vitality, a more balanced setup.

On the Attack Jade setups, some players choose to select the Attribute attack Dragon Jades that increases their Main stat either STR or INT, this is also to improve not only their CDMG and a bit of attack power, but also to have a more effective JP buff since it increases your attack power proportional to the value of your main stats STR and INT, but ofc since you have a less main stat boost from your Class Mastery I (only 30% for each) you will fall out flat on the value of the Attribute Attack Dragon Jades, so i suggest you pick a Glass type Attack Dragon Jade instead.

Comment

Heraldry

We will now proceed with the discussion of the Heraldry Setup for the Crusader Class, but before we come to the topic of which Enhancement Heraldry to pick, we will have to first introduce which skill heraldry is best for the Crusader to possess.

This is the best possible skill heraldry to pick for your Crusader on its 4 skill heraldry slot:
          • Thor's Hammer (20% more damage)
          • Judgement Hammer (20% more damage)
          • Electric Smite (20% more damage)
          • Divine Combo (20% less cooldown)
          Some people prefer to have more buff duration on JP buff than the Divine Combo cooldown advantage on the skill heraldry, but i think the ability to be able to spam more of your abilities by reducing its cooldown when using Divine Combo is a more worthy choice, considering a 4 second increase on JP's buff with the 20% buff duration increase isn't gonna be good enough in the long run, but with 3 more less seconds on your Divine Combo, you can keep spamming your other abilities to reduce the cooldown time for HH and MB.

If you have the potential heraldry 3 slot active then you can prefer of which you want to place on those slots, either an enhancement heraldry or a skill heraldry, but if you will place 3 skill heraldry on those slots then these are my suggestions:
          • Holy Relic (20% Damage)
          • Lightning Zap (20% Damage)
          • Judge's Power (20% buff duration)
          You can either replace JP skill heraldry with a different one of you prefer or place an enhancement Heraldry you need in order to increase your stats, i prefer to put the Enhancement Attack Heraldry on that slot since that extra FD will give me more edge and improve my DPS.

Remember that you can place any type of Heraldry on those 3 slots, your goal is to maximize your Crit and Cdmg so if you are still lacking some numbers on those values, you can go ahead and instead place enhancement Heraldry on those 3 slots

Enhancement Heraldry

Now we move on to the setup for Enhancement Heraldry, this is my recommended Enhancement Heraldry Setup:
          1. Magic
          2. Destruction
          3. Bear
          4. Intellect
          5. Fatal
          6. Limitation
          7. Ultimate
          8. Wind/Vitality/Health
          The 8th slot you can pick whatever you prefer, but ofc you will prioritize your DPS over HP or VIT

For the Additional stat or a lot of people to prefer and call it "3rd Stat" you can either select Cdmg or Crit, those 2 values will surely help you maximize your Crit and Cdmg at the same time, but Pick whatever stats your lacking, if you lack Crit DMG then pick more 3rd stat on your heraldry with more of it, if you lack crit then do the same.

You can also select FD if you are lucky enough to get FD on every uncrafted heraldry Plates you craft, but its a very expensive heraldry setup but one of the best, considering you already have the JP buff with +20 FD added, i don't think you will have to go for an FD setup since if you have a Lebria Heraldry that increases your FD considerably, and with costumes in addition to that, you will probably reach 90% in no time, although that is to say if you have all of the possible equipment.

Talismans

Now we move on to the Last section of the Guide, Talismans!

There are some Special Talismans out there that increases various stats like the Guardian Enhancement Talisman either Sharp or Honed, Sharp increases attack power, Honed increases Critical and CritDMG, the other one is the Ancient Talisman that increases your Elemental Attack.

This is my recommended Talisman Setup for the Crusader and the setup that i am currently using as of now
          Percent 200% 175% 125% 100%
          Talisman Slots Ancient Enhancement Talisman / Ultimate Talisman Destruction/Magic Enhancement Talismans Limitation Talisman Wind/Vitality Talisman
          Guardian (Sharp/Honed) Enhancement Talisman / Ultimate Talisman Bear / Intellect Talisman Fatal Talisman Wind/Health Talisman
          You can either put your Ancient Talisman on the 175% slot and place your Ultimate Talisman on your 200% slot, since in this case you need more FD, ofc if you have the Guardian (Sharp) Talisman then it should always be at the 200% talisman slot since it increases your attack power drastically at higher levels ofc.

If you don't have both Ancient and Guardian talismans, you can just place either Destruction or Magic Talismans on your other 200% talisman slot and just move the other talismans to the left on the appropriate talisman slot of which you will decide without hesitation.

Comment

Heraldry

We will now proceed with the discussion of the Heraldry Setup for the Crusader Class, but before we come to the topic of which Enhancement Heraldry to pick, we will have to first introduce which skill heraldry is best for the Crusader to possess.

SKILL HERALDRY

This is the best possible skill heraldry to pick for your Crusader on its 4 skill heraldry slot:
            • Thor's Hammer (20% more damage)
            • Judgement Hammer (20% more damage)
            • Electric Smite (20% more damage)
            • Divine Combo (20% less cooldown)
            Some people prefer to have more buff duration on JP buff than the Divine Combo cooldown advantage on the skill heraldry, but i think the ability to be able to spam more of your abilities by reducing its cooldown when using Divine Combo is a more worthy choice, considering a 4 second increase on JP's buff with the 20% buff duration increase isn't gonna be good enough in the long run, but with 3 more less seconds on your Divine Combo, you can keep spamming your other abilities to reduce the cooldown time for HH and MB.

If you have the potential heraldry 3 slot active then you can prefer of which you want to place on those slots, either an enhancement heraldry or a skill heraldry, but if you will place 3 skill heraldry on those slots then these are my suggestions:
            • Holy Relic (20% Damage)
            • Lightning Zap (20% Damage)
            • Judge's Power (20% buff duration)
            You can either replace JP skill heraldry with a different one of you prefer or place an enhancement Heraldry you need in order to increase your stats, i prefer to put the Enhancement Attack Heraldry on that slot since that extra FD will give me more edge and improve my DPS.

Remember that you can place any type of Heraldry on those 3 slots, your goal is to maximize your Crit and Cdmg so if you are still lacking some numbers on those values, you can go ahead and instead place enhancement Heraldry on those 3 slots

Enhancement Heraldry

Now we move on to the setup for Enhancement Heraldry, this is my recommended Enhancement Heraldry Setup:
            1. Magic
            2. Destruction
            3. Bear
            4. Intellect
            5. Fatal
            6. Limitation
            7. Ultimate
            8. Wind/Vitality/Health
            The 8th slot you can pick whatever you prefer, but ofc you will prioritize your DPS over HP or VIT

For the Additional stat or a lot of people to prefer and call it "3rd Stat" you can either select Cdmg or Crit, those 2 values will surely help you maximize your Crit and Cdmg at the same time, but Pick whatever stats your lacking, if you lack Crit DMG then pick more 3rd stat on your heraldry with more of it, if you lack crit then do the same.

You can also select FD if you are lucky enough to get FD on every uncrafted heraldry Plates you craft, but its a very expensive heraldry setup but one of the best, considering you already have the JP buff with +20 FD added, i don't think you will have to go for an FD setup since if you have a Lebria Heraldry that increases your FD considerably, and with costumes in addition to that, you will probably reach 90% in no time, although that is to say if you have all of the possible equipment.

Talismans

Now we move on to the Last section of the Guide, Talismans!

There are some Special Talismans out there that increases various stats like the Guardian Enhancement Talisman either Sharp or Honed, Sharp increases attack power, Honed increases Critical and CritDMG, the other one is the Ancient Talisman that increases your Elemental Attack.

This is my recommended Talisman Setup for the Crusader and the setup that i am currently using as of now
            Percent 200% 175% 125% 100%
            Talisman Slots Ancient Enhancement Talisman / Ultimate Talisman Destruction/Magic Enhancement Talismans Limitation Talisman Wind/Vitality Talisman
            Guardian (Sharp/Honed) Enhancement Talisman / Ultimate Talisman Bear / Intellect Talisman Fatal Talisman Wind/Health Talisman
            You can either put your Ancient Talisman on the 175% slot and place your Ultimate Talisman on your 200% slot, since in this case you need more FD, ofc if you have the Guardian (Sharp) Talisman then it should always be at the 200% talisman slot since it increases your attack power drastically at higher levels ofc.

If you don't have both Ancient and Guardian talismans, you can just place either Destruction or Magic Talismans on your other 200% talisman slot and just move the other talismans to the left on the appropriate talisman slot of which you will decide without hesitation.
            Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 03-26-2019, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Reserved Just incase

Comment

Reserved Just incase [Again]

Comment

Excellent guide as always. Too bad Crusader is often overshadowed by Inquisitor.

Some tips:
                  • ​​​​​​Lightning Strike should always be used with space bar, since it allows you to skip the second hit (with no change to total damage) and awkward after cast delay.
                  • INT build tend to perform better than STR build mainly because Crusader's skills (Lightning Strike, Lightning Zap, Electric Smite, Mighty Blow) are composed of a single strong physical damage + several weaker magical damage. Since the magic portion is divided into multiple attacks, you will receive less impact in the case of non critical hit (as opposed to the physical portion, where non critical hit will reduce your damage considerably).
                  • [Conviction] Thor Hammer tend to have slower animation if used immediately after [Conviction] Mighty Blow/[Conviction] Hammer Hand.
                  • [Elemental] Mighty Blow and [Elemental] Hammer Hand have only 5 seconds cooldown. It's possible to spam them if you use your skills sparingly (main skills > MB/HH > main skills > MB/HH > repeat until there's no main skill left then use Divine Combo cooldown reduction mechanic).

Comment

• NearLawlet
                    NearLawlet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Reyisaki You didn't catch my point.

It's true that all Crusader's main skills deal equal portion of physical and magical damage. But in some cases, the magical portion is distributed into several weaker hits as opposed to just one single powerful hit.

STR build: Higher damage spike
                    INT build: Greater consistency

The difference is almost negligible, however, and shouldn't affect you much.

• Reyisaki
                    Reyisaki commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NearLawlet oh sorry , yeah I misunderstood . sorry bout that my friend .

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not so sure about my theory but i do think that Matk has less Gap or difference between their Min~Max atk power value than with STR.

not sure if this is the same for many, i still need to test if this is correct as i think

Impressive. Tips Use spacebar after Mightyblow to trigger the lightning strike and Electric smite instant.
                  Use dula aura : elemental and conviction shifting, for more dps.

1.5 years of playing crusader. From rags to L Jades now.

crusaders have higher dps than inquisitor when the skills are done properly, full or near full L jades and proper aura shifting.

I play both crusader and inquisitor as my main and sub respectively, both are awesome but crusader are more manly and charismatic character.
                  Last edited by dbpaus; 03-26-2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well said.

But yeah i did indicate both auras with their shortened term CB and EB, usually you can either use CB or EB when using Thor's hammer depending on how much Light attack you have, but since most of the time whenever TH hits an enemy while EB is active, there IS a chance that it will trigger the cooldown recovery for either or both HH and MB in that way additional DPS can be made.

However, your DPS still depends on how many chances you are able to use HH and MB instant, considering those 2 skills are a crusader's main DPS skill and the rest are just for triggering the effect of the recovery of cooldown for both the skill.

I've tested out my dps awhile ago, whenever i get to use TH with EB active sometimes HH and MB becomes instant, the moment they are i use them, switch to CB, use HH and MB for cd recovery, then back to EB, DB~LS then JH/ES instant combo, then JH/ES for the chance to trigger a cd recovery of HH and MB, then LZ and HR to refresh the debuff, AB if possible and so on.

A lot can happen while using the Crusader, you can switch out different combos such as using LS anytime you use a skill, and then when dodging you can counter react with DB after sliding step or using dash to position yourself to use either HH or TH since those 2 skills are what eating up most of your time, it takes around 2 seconds or less to use HH, 3.5 sec for TH since the total time to use TH is around 8 sec, 50% action speed is only applied for it.

Hehe not much for me to brag since i've only used crusader for a few months and i've just transitioned from my sniper to my crusader just 2 months ago.

Great Guide .
                  Also got some tips to.
                  You can push stuff using Judgement Hammer and Shield Charge if done correctly ,
                  After using Shield Charge as a gap closer , you can use space(lightning strike) or divine breaker. On that way , you can cancel some of its animation and can proceed on your combo immediately.
                  Use Block and Iron Will Alternately for your defense

Bugs:
                  Thor's Hammer does not deal any damage -.-
                  If your Using Ult and you got hit by some boss attacks, TH tends to get slower animation

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes but the damage dealt is still present, the only problem is that the skill animation is delayed but you can be sure that your damage is dealt (as for what i've seen in many cases that i get hit while using TH)

The only issue with TH is that sometimes the board damage or the DPS output of the skill (16000% patk and matk) doesn't really add up sometimes, i've seen such low numbers on the damage i deal at some point, and then in some cases i've seen the numbers gets to its peak damage.

For example, my usual setup for my dragon jade is all matk, so i have more matk than my patk.
                    Lets say i have 2m patk, and 2.5m matk, i used TH at an enemy without any debuffs nor my character using JP, each hit of the hammer deals around 1b damage per attack type, in this case i've seen the patk lands a first hit with 1.5b damage, then the second line of numbers appear which is the matk that deals 2.2b, in this case the difference in damage dealt for both patk and matk is applied depending on your patk and matk power, but in some cases i've seen both numbers not showing up and only 1 line of numbers shows up when one my skills lands a hit on an enemy, i'm guessing both the damage was combined in the process since there are times whenever i use Mighty Blow, it only lands one or 2 hits, then at times it lands a few hits in quick succession but with relatively same damage skill as the ones before that did a burst.

It's still a mystery for me whenever i use TH and then at some point deal the lowest possible damage, my average DPS on TH is around 5~6b, my possible best dps for it is around 9b, my worst is below 4b, since those numbers didn't land a critical, but it's still weird for it to be only at around that much.

I may have to keep on testing it out on BTG and on nests whenever possible, i want to make sure that there's not really much of an issue going on with TH so i might try recording a video of me doing the DPS and post anything that we should all be concerned about...

I know there's a lot of other characters that are suffering the most than some of the other dps class that are working fine but with minor issues, i just hope that the developers gets to fix it first and focus their time on it before they actually release some other major content for the game and the players to be entertained and refresh the activities they do for them from time to time.

I want to know your crusader DPS in BTG Golem guys, 1 golem to 5 golem killed.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am planning to record my skill rotation and DPS, although not sure how am i gonna post the video here if its not on a 3rd party host

Any suggestions for crusaders on a comp on environment, our damage sucks in places like HBF, STS and CBN
                  Last edited by reymons; 04-26-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's normally what would happen for most characters in a fixed stat stage, usually the ones that suffers the most are characters that doesn't have any elemental attributes on their skills, those who has usually deals the most damage, but an exception would be for the Piercer/Flurry class, considering they have the "Vulnerable" debuff, this increases their damage output significantly, not sure if this works for everyone but because of her high dps output on a lot of her skills, she's superior in so many ways to account for especially on a "non-comp" stages or where stats are fixed.

Crusaders usually suffer a loss in dps whenever their light attack is lower than 30%, and the last time i've played i only had the ability to increase my light attack by around 8%? or probably 18%? but nonetheless crusaders aren't that effective without the proper execution of the abilities and combos, conviction and elemental blessing combo are the ways to improve and deal the highest possible dps a crusader can on stages such as HBF, STS and CBN.

That is why most classes with higher elemental attribute bonus or buffs succeeds on dealing more dps, There isn't really much of a balance even though the stage has a fixed stats for all the characters, And again, an exception for the Piercer/Flurry class

I have used a crusader for a very long time, but I still can't get used to his aura switching.

I need to know if I can still have good DPS with only elemental aura (reset CD chance) and spam divine combo to reset main skills again (to further reset skills faster) can I do that? I need pro crusaders advice pls

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, aura (currently blessing) switching is the only way to have a better dps rating than only using 1 type of aura, that's because your Thor's Hammer is one of your very useful tool to deal dps, in addition to your core skills, which is hammer hand, mighty blow, electric smite, judgement hammer etc.

In order to have a faster aura switching animation, you will need items that will buff you up with action speed + which will enhance all your casting and action speed animations, some action speed buff can't boost charging time for some skills, so they need to depend on their passive enhancement on either their class mastery or their other enhancement factors they can use.

Conviction Aura is for the cooldown reduction as well as damage boost of mighty blow and hammer hand, in order to keep these 2 skills active most of the time you will need to use the skills while your conviction aura is active, afterwards the 2 skills are in cooldown, switch to your elemental aura, this will help you RESET the cooldown of either skills at a small chance when specific skills are used, that is after you use their instant variation to where you can use the skills in an instant but without the boost from the conviction aura, since the instant skill or their instant variation will only take the base dps of mighty blow and hammer hand,

Its really complicated for me to explain this again since i've been out of the game for months now, and i thought i already have posted everything i know in this guide?

• RichyRichy
                    RichyRichy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I understand now thanks for taking the time to answer.

I will read the guide again and understand it better. It was really confusing the whole aura switching and I will try harder to learn his rotation

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There's various videos on Youtube that you can check and search for to learn the skill rotations and how to properly utilize the combo for crusader, in my opinion its a bit boring at some point if you keep following the same rule of a character you're playing so i'm mixing in my own skill combo at some point without sacrificing the best possible DPS that you can deal while using a crusader, you can go ahead and imagine and be creative on which skills you can use first or last to change the pattern you're doing, at some point it is also effective on pvp so long as you hit everything in place and not just on random places.

Thanks for this beautiful guide! I just wanna ask regarding the DPS computation for crusaders.

Its DPS factors are str and int right? Is it right to assume that Physical attack + Magic attack = DPS output? unlike when compared to other classes, only one kind of attack equals DPS output right? I've been kinda frustrated with my crus now, i've got a gear score of 7.7k, but phys atk = 2.** and mag atk = 2.3m, while I have seen pictures of other classes having gear scores of 7.5m but mag atk = 3m already.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Its normal for you to react like that, i've changed job class my crusader into inquisitor a not that long ago to test out if inquisitor is a better choice than crusader, and i was wrong and changed back into crusader again.

When i tried using inquisitor, i had like 3m base magical attack pre-buff and had like 3.8m buffed, but there was a flaw when actually seeing the damage of your character: Your damage depends on the skill's DPS output and not just on your attack, even with a higher attack damage having a lower dmg on your skills your DPS still lacks the impact, i've seen that the Crusader with the combined physical and magical attack had more DPS than the inquisitor, but because of the buffs the inquisitor had and the debuffs applied, relatively speaking inquisitor and crusader are nearly identical in DPS rating, but ofc Crusader beats inquisitor over consistency of damage, enough said Crusader can just land all his abilities without worrying that a boss would avoid his hammers, unfortunately inquisitor requires their player to carefully aim some direct attack skills such as judgement spear on the enemy in order for the skill to hit, consecration is also facing an issue among agile enemies such as the fire golem Luga on volcano nest stage, so in order to keep up with having consistent damage on the enemy, they only use consecration not only to deal the most damage but to buff up their grand cross and holy burst which has an increased damage while affected by the consecration's buff.

Do not compare your attack power over other people's attack power, each character has a different attack power rating when it comes to gear statistics, some has better gear than the other but still deal more damage than they do, that is because skill damage is what closes the gap between the attack power of a character and its DPS rating over its skill damage.

Compare a crusader over a Flurry's DPS rating with the same gear score and everything, Flurry will still win the DPS scoring because of the debuff she can apply her enemies with, not to mention most of her abilities has high skill damage, that's what makes her DPS scary compared to many other characters.
                Working...
                X