Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardian PvP Skill Build Guide (Skill Builds for each types and Plates)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardian PvP Skill Build Guide (Skill Builds for each types and Plates)

Latest PvP Changes as of 2018 in Dragon Nest Korea

May: Holy moly whack a moley!!! Have you guys seen the latest (and so far the greatest) PvP balance patch that Eyedentity has released?!? The amount of nerfs for all classes (except Silver Hunter as far as I can tell) have been very significant and most of it are CD and Damage reduction to awakening skills and some other skills that used to be utterly broken. I really like what Eyedentity has done with the patch (albeit really late), but we Paladins also got a bit more nerfs - specifically to our Shield Charge and, which is now 20 seconds CD time and Toughness which had 5% damage reduction but got reduced to 1% (which makes it a useless skill to take now). However, I do not mind these nerfs at all and I am really happy that the developers are taking a step in the right direction in balancing all classes for a more fair fight. Not only will players be discouraged to wait for their big AOE and OP damage skills, but now the core skills of our classes will get more attention to be utilized now more than ever! In my honest opinion, this is what PvP should have been all the way. Windwalker kinda seems broken so I hope they nerf her in the near future and probably Gear Master too, where they should limit the number of ducks being summoned at any time. Aside from that, everything else is looking good, and with a little bit more adjustment, PvP will be great again. I am really hyped and can't wait to try out the new balance patch in SEA!!! As there are more adjustments to the Paladin class, I will be making new skill builds yet again so keep an eye on that!

March:Some classes got nerfed, but the biggest and most significant change of all is that Dash is being removed for all classes except Warrior. A new skill build contemplating these changes will be up by tomorrow.

January:There has been some major reworks on how the Guardian plays out with the most recent January 2018 patch in DN Korea. Although there has been some quality of life improvements to utility skills, Guardian generally got nerfed pretty badly due to the removal of Aerial Block and making Divine Ascension one hit only. Honestly, I don't know why the developers keep making "adjustments" to the Cleric classes while ignoring major balancing on other classes that has remained broken for a very long time. The mindset of the devs seem to be moving towards more movement in battle while employing hit and run tactics. Overall, I am very disappointed with these new changes and it discourages me to PvP even more than ever - especially with the bad netcode of the game that can make the usage of Stance of Faith and a handful of skills either delayed or unusable at times. A new build should be up by next week as I will be tinkering with the new changes and make a build as I see fit. Thanks for all the support.

December: Due to the latest patch in Dragon Nest Korea as of December 13, 2017, I will be making another skill build in the coming days.

0.0 Foreword

Hello there! I have been playing the Paladin class ever since 16 cap. I have gathered all the experiences from then till now to make a guide for you, my fellow Guardians, to fully utilize the class in the battlefield no matter the mode.

Guardians may be the tanks of the game, but not many people know the full power of the class in terms of PvP. He may have a steeper learning curve compared to other classes, but with dedication and practice, Guardians are very formidable foes to fight against.

Guardians heavily depend on chaining combos,breaking enemy Super Armor/Staggering, and Counterattacking with our trusty shields. Proper usage of Block, Stance of Faith, and dodging are the bread and butter of a Guardian, and his key to survivability and victory.

There will be 3 types of builds that are tailored to their respective modes:
    • 1v1 Softban build (with Justice Crash and Awakening)
    • All-around build (Captain, Respawn, FFA, KOF, Rounds)
    • 1v1 Pure Hardban Build (without Justice Crash and Awakening)

1.0 Current DN SEA Skill Builds (March 2018 Patch for DN KR)
    1.1 1v1 Softban build (with Justice Crash and Awakening)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	guard sb final.PNG Views:	2 Size:	246.5 KB ID:	134511

1.1.1 Build Explanation
    The upcoming rework of the Guardian and Paladin's has forced for very few changes in terms of 1v1 SB build. Air Block is now removed, and is replaced by Divine Judgement. Since the skill has an Awakening version, I highly recommend taking it for its damage capabilities. You will also notice that there isn't Stance of Faith Awakening anymore and its stats has transferred over to the EX version instead. So with that skill gone from the Awakening Tree, the Guardian Force Awakening gained more benefits to it - the CD of Thrust Force and Overwhelm decreased when Divine Avatar is cast - which makes it really useless in 1v1 SB mode, so I haven't taken up the skill and put the SP elsewhere. Additionally, the Charge Bolt has an additional Skill Accessory that gives it +1 due to lack of SP, nonetheless, I still do believe its a really good skill to use. You can however switch the Accessory with +1 Divine Vengeance so you can keep the skill at max level while having Charge Bolt at max level as well. It will also be recommended to get the Shield Charge Awakening because they increased its speed and distance, all the while giving it a left-click to instantly cast the upper cut. Do not add SP on Dash as the latest March 2018 patch disables dash for all classes except for Warrior. And use Conviction Aura when a match starts because this skill will improve your overall movement and skill speed from what I have experienced.

1.1.2 Build Heraldry Plates
    You can use the same Heraldry Plates from the old skill build down below.
    1.2 All-Around Build (Captain, Respawn, FFA, KOF, Rounds)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	guard all around final.PNG Views:	1 Size:	260.0 KB ID:	134512

1.2.1 Build Explanation
    The only change you will see in this build are Stance of Faith becoming level 1 due to the Awakening version stats transferring over to EX, and removal of Aerial Block and being replaced by Divine Judgement. Overall, the survivability rate of the Guardian has decreased as a result, but this skill build shall still provide the optimal defense as well as attacking capabilities. Use the same plates that are mentioned in the old skill build below. 7 SP is left on this build so spend it elsewhere however you may like aside from Dash.

2.0 Old DN SEA Skill Builds (Pre-December 13,2017 Patch for DN KR)
    2.1 1v1 Softban build (with Justice Crash and Awakening)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	guard sb sea.PNG Views:	1 Size:	248.9 KB ID:	125741
    2.1.1 Build Explanation

This is the particular build that I use when I play Rounds. Maxed out Charge Bolt delivers 7k-9k with all the 4 hits placed on the enemy and Divine Combo dishes out 6k-7k damage. With their short cooldowns, they have an amazing damage potential. Since this is a softban build, you don't need Block, Heal and Divine Punishment. Skills below Auto Block had to be put in order to unlock the Awakening skills. Maxed out Holy Bolt can deliver as much as 5k-6k damage and can bind the enemy for 2.5 seconds. For me personally, its a must get and with a Holy Bolt Reset Plate, as it can be an absolute bonkers skill that will leave your enemies shocked and confused while they take massive damage from you. Divine Ascension EX is a nice skill to get because if you do get a block from your opponents attacks, you will almost guarantee a lift with this skill. I don't actually use my Justice Crash and Awakening skills unless my opponents start to use them. Do also note that with Armor Break's debuff, all your skills will have a noticeable damage increase (Charge Bolt could go up to 14k!!!).

2.1.2 Build Heraldry Plates

For this build, I highly recommend Holy Kick Attack Speed, Stomping Kick Attack Speed, Half Turn Kick Attack Speed, and Holy Bolt Reset. Half Turn Kick and Holy Kick is a great way to initialize and chain your combos and also Stagger your enemies from a distance. Holy Bolt's reset will mean that you can do a lot more damage while chaining it with other skills and you will get 7.5 seconds of binding if RNG blesses you with triple back-to-back bolts.

2.2 1v1 Hardban build (without Justice Crash and Awakening)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	hardban guard sea.PNG Views:	1 Size:	251.9 KB ID:	125742
    2.2.1 Build Explanation

This build is meant to be used by players who don't want to use Awakening or the Guardian Tree Skills and just enjoy the purest form of softban. Do be warned that I do not recommend this build while playing against people you do not know as they will normally use their Awakening and their level 50 skills on you, unless they agree to go pure softban. Maxed out Divine Breaker actually does surprisingly decent damage for a 9 second cooldown skill. Conviction Aura is taken for the movement speed benefit (Auras aren't softbanned as far as I know). The rest is self explanatory.

2.2.2 Build Heraldry Plates

Use the same Heraldry Plates as the 1v1 Softban Build with Justice Crash and Awakening.

2.3 All-Around Build (Captain, Respawn, FFA, KOF, Rounds)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	guard all around sea.PNG Views:	1 Size:	243.8 KB ID:	125743
    2.3.1 Build Explanation

While not giving up all the damage skills, this build has all the things you need to survive. Additionally, this skill build is also capable in doing 1v1 if you so choose to do so. Heal skill is taken to ensure maximum survivability.
    Mental Mastery is the last skill I put the rest of the SP on as having a higher mana pool will greatly increase your chances of lasting longer. Holy Bolt is maxed out and Charge Bolt is taken out in order to spend the SP for the block skills as we are balancing out damage and defense.

2.3.2 Build Heraldry Plates

Since this build is focused more on the utilization of shield skills to achieve the best life expectancy in any situation, you can get Block Cooldown Plate, Aerial Evasion Reset Plate, Justice Crash Cooldown Plate and a choice of your own. I personally get Sliding Step Mana Recovery Plate as its a gives me +3000 mana every time I cast the skill. With all the dashing that will happen in the field, you will pretty much run out of mana quickly, so having this plate will greatly help with restoring your mana and keep fighting afterwards. Having aerial reset greatly helps in keeping you alive during the fight, especially when multiple enemies are fighting against you.

If you want to do Rounds for this build, then you will have to switch over to the 1v1 build plates.

3.0 Further Discussion
    Pre-January 2018 Patch for DN KR
    This build does raise some questions with regards to certain skills like Shield Charge and not getting the auras. You CAN actually not take the awakening of Shield Charge if its the mobility, closing in on your enemy , and escaping measures is what you are after. You can instead spend the SP on Conviction Aura instead and make use of the movement speed that it grants. These can apply to all the build types I have discussed above. I do not recommend getting the Elemental Aura in any of these builds as the nerf to the aura sometime ago adds very little damage to your elemental skills. In my opinion, awakened Shield Charge does have more drag to it and it certainly helps with the DPS of the class as its easier to chain and catch people with it.

Do note that this build is optimized for 95 cap PvP and it could be outdated by the time the cap is raised, stats of the skills adjusted and new skills are added.

Thanks for taking your time viewing this guide. May it help you Guardians achieve victory in any battle.

January 2018 Patch for DN KR
    New rework, new changes. It is now strongly recommended to get Shield Charge Awakening due to increase in its speed and distance. Having Stance of Faith at max level is pointless now as the stats from the Awakening went over to the EX version. Having to spend 10 SP just to have the 1 Guardian bubble per 2 seconds out of your bubble meter just doesn't make sense and is better to spend that SP elsewhere that will make the class more useful. I highly suggest getting Divine Judgement and its Awakening for its damage and its usefulness in stopping enemy attacks. Check out the new changes below.

Attached Files
    Last edited by YizzY; 05-20-2018, 08:38 PM.

gg op sir idol yizzy teach me how to pvp <3
    Class Mastery 3 guide with some details
    Edited as of 28/11/2017

Comment

• YizzY
      YizzY commented
      Editing a comment
      You teach me how to PvP with Inquisitor idolz!

waiting for respawn 8v8 + matches build

Comment

im still torn if ill get shield charge awk, if fighting against snipers which are long distance fighters, its hard to chase.

most videos i saw, guards didnt get em. but i do still want to get it. thats why its compusing xD

Comment

• YizzY
        YizzY commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah about that , I will be discussing it tomorrow as I will fully update the guide.

Sticking this one

Comment

Hello yizzy sandpie :>

I'm just a sad lonely crusader :<

Legit was not expecting the image to be that big lmao

Comment

• YizzY
          YizzY commented
          Editing a comment
          hello idol Mercurial

hmmm, i have a few questions in mind.

1.) is it ok i choose not to get sof awakening right? its heal is around 1% seems pretty small.
        2.) follow up question on number 1, is it also ok if i would not max stance of faith for kof purposes? just for blocking enemy attacks and quick counter with ascension?
        3.) im also having troubles getting guardian force awakening. since i barely use it. unless enemy is getting holy bolted

thanks ^_^

Comment

• YizzY
          YizzY commented
          Editing a comment
          1) yes its okay not to get the SOF awakening but then you will not have any heal skills to use when you are low on hp. I would get SOF awakening over Heal any day.
          2) yes with or without awakening, the mechanics of SOF will not change. awakening just adds healing when blocked timely.
          3) i personally got guard force because it deals a good amount of damage to people who are caught off-guard (when they tumbled or in air) and actually does decent amount of damage upclose or a bit far away. overall, its just a personal choice and you could spend the sp elsewhere.

• stylinx
          stylinx commented
          Editing a comment
          i'll be removing sof awakening in my current build once i get a skill reset on the pvp rank rewards

i think ill be going with this build

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0-00-----0---
          Last edited by stylinx; 11-27-2017, 11:28 PM.

it's pretty hard to build a guardian badly in pvp because their inherit dmg values being better than other paladin options. You almost have freedom to add some pve or ladder freedom. But not enough to actually do it.

As badly as i want to criticize most parts of this, i find the first statement so true that a bad build is probably good for you so you have to try harder and git gudder.

I think avoiding burst dmg in skill builds for guardian is best because of their consistent dmg output being more reliable than landing a separated, easily baitable, combo piece that simply will never work vs a sentient opponent. On a side note, it punishes most players around here who literally are not sentient faster so if you want to farm pvp medals for important reasons in 1v1 rooms I guess there's defense for it. I won't say i've never built around fighting a single person over and over. It did help.

SoF Heal in 1v1 matchups is never worth the sp ever. I will math you off my forums. And maybe only still usable in CO-ORDINATED Team fight strategies. Its too low to be relevant vs the dmg output (assuming youre playing the class correctly) you should be doing to skim winning a round vs losing a round. So maybe only pick this ability for the next DWC. So, never. I'd rather max +1 shin break with the sp. It's a pretty good skill. Provoke is worth your 3sp as well. The dmg output youll bee doing vs looking cool is worth . It also has utilization in pvp to have merit to make the 3sp investment worth while in every pvp mode for every paladin class. It can tank holy kick/direct kick, i think thats a pretty good advantage that closes the argument on its own merit.

--- fix the thread, ill edit this bit below out. ---

Lastly, not picking up autoblock EX in any image ever of the class & this thread being stickied probably needs to be fixed. Its simply a mistake that too many noobs would copy without reading that is really really really really bad What are you doing. The stat gains from the bubbles in pvp. Just fix that and ill pretend you never did it. And then we can not mention playing during the closed beta isnt equivalent to playing THROUGH every cap thoroughly enough to actually say such a thing if im getting a say in it. As no, you didnt. But I agree, it makes it look like you know what auto block EX does. Dont max righteous bolt on guardian. The crest is still good and functions at level 1. It's never worth it you are not going to land it enough during a single round to out dmg other options. But the crest utility is useful in every matchup and extremely under rated mech proc as im pretty sure the devs forget it exists to this day.
        Last edited by ZepIic; 10-29-2017, 07:14 AM.
        6 Year Veteran & Community Leader
        -------------------------------------------------

"
        Being skilled isn't all that it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream." - Zhi Guan

Official DN+ Youtube Channel:
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCes...rh93rWGd2kiLfg

Paladin PVP Builds:
        http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...din-pvp-builds

Feel Free to drop a PM anytime
        Discord: Zeplic#8241

Comment

• YizzY
          YizzY commented
          Editing a comment
          you are right about Autoblock EX's importance and I forgot to include that in the Pure Softban build. However, I will disagree with you on not maxing out Righteous Bolt as the skill proves to be a really good damaging skill if you can land all the 4 hits.

• Kuru
          Kuru commented
          Editing a comment
          In my opinion, Righteous bolt comes down to playstyle at the end of the day. As much as I do agree it's not viable for a newbie to try to crowbar into their playstyle, the skill itself is good and a decent chunk of damage if you're able to incorporate it into how you play.

Please do note that the skill builds above have been outdated as of yesterday in Korea. There will be a new skill build coming in the following days.

Comment

Working...
        X