Should I stay being a dark summoner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I stay being a dark summoner?

As the title says... should I stay being a dark summoner? I am currently in a world where I encountered Soul Eaters from the beginning and/or SEs that came from other classes.

I rarely encounter DSs now and most of them plans to switch to SE or SD. I am aware the usefulness of the two but I really love being DS despite of the cons.

If everybody is giving me a million reasons to switch, please give one reason to stay. HAHAHA pls im crying...

Yes, you should stay, especially their boost is around the corner, and just stay on the char that you love the most

Comment

• yueruchi
      yueruchi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for that, is it on Jan. 9?

• Mik
      Mik commented
      Editing a comment
      not yet confirmed but hopefully, it'll be on jan 9

I'm a bandwagoner and I choose DS
    才能は開花させるもの
    センスは磨くもの
    Seraphimu・RillaRooMaraphimuTaliceGrayKarifene

Comment

• Hielito
      Hielito commented
      Editing a comment
      can u share ur DS skill build and rotation plz

Generally one of the top damage dealers even pre-buff (current) , after 9th jan, no doubt it will be the top along sidr with artillery and rm.
    overall a pretty easy to use class, has high mdef, self heal, mobility , great damage as well as simple to ultilize skills without any consideration or possibility of boss running/ mech etc.
    Why not?

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• yueruchi
      yueruchi commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel so useless when most players prefers SE esp on raids

• Chelly
      Chelly commented
      Editing a comment
      it depends on the team specifications , teams that are generally stronger and has ample dps will opt for SE because they want to display a better/nicer dps at the end of the run to gauge the potential of their class / character they are using. On the other hand, teams that are generally weaker would probably choose DS since her damage is far stronger than SE ( roughly twice the damage).

Don't worry about players having a SE preference than DS, im sure there are still many other teams that will happily take a DS in.

• Seraphimu
      Seraphimu commented
      Editing a comment
      Less geared characters naturally deal less dmg than the geared ones, however SE's strength comes from having a unique debuff (if you didn't already know), so you can opt for SE if you are one of the less geared ones in order to help contribute to overall party dps by "riding on" the geared players' dps.

The end result should always consider factors such as overall run time (or team total dps), gear level (for efficiency), and perhaps the need for individual dps.

*If you are weak, go SE and ride on your team members' dps. (If you are with 4 other dps with 200-400m dps each, SE already provides ~160-180m dps from curse alone, on top of what you can do. If you are poorly geared, you'll probably be doing 50-70m, but have a total contribution of 250m dps.
      *However if you are geared, DS is on the same level as those monster dps classes. Get another SE to boost your damage instead.

SEs do best in half-geared parties, so its a choice of budget. This may be why raids seem to favour SEs more, or maybe players are just ill informed.

lol i will stick to the class according to slayer drop...they are +20 calypse stat...

Comment

If everyone told you that windwalkers with longbows are the best class, would you stop playing kali all together and make a longbow WW instead? If the answer is no, then you shouldn't change from DS either.

I've had my DS since kali release, and I have mained screamer/force user for the entirety of my time with DN. DS has never been played by anyone because she has amazing dps or amazing support or amazing stats. She has always been played because she's obviously the most fun ^_^

Throughout my years I've had countless people say, "DS sucks - you should change - SE better - noone wants screamers - blah blah blah", but I've stuck with her because it's my character, and mine alone. Plus there has never been that many DS PVE players GLOBALLY, across all DN servers anyways. Seeing very few DS nowadays is nothing new.

Like any other class, kalis have their own 'playstyle'. However, I can assure you that dark summoner has the most unique and difficult learning curve of all classes in DN, making pro DS players as rare and as valuable as gold. Seeing a DS is one thing, but seeing a pro DS greatly outshine the rest of the party in skill, timing, and maneuverability is like winning the lottery. This is also why many people shy away from DS, because she's pretty difficult to 'master'.

Besides, when you love a character a lot, you tend to be really really good with that character. Everyone will wanna party with you for EVERYTHING, regardless of your gear. There was a point in time where I was running ATN in 70 cap with blue gears just because it was fun showing everyone DS players can be pro too XD

All kali have something in common that no other class has - the types of people who main them. Kali mainers are unique in a sense that they rarely have just 1 kali, and instead have an entire fleet consisting of most of the sub-kalis, if not all of them.

My advice: keep your DS, and make 1 of every other kali. Then you never have to decide "which one is the best", because you'll have them all ^____^ plus you can just transfer your RUDNL over to each of them, saving you tons of farming for different sets.

DS is also getting the largest boost she has ever received, even larger than the t4->t5 changes.

Comment

• Chelly
        Chelly commented
        Editing a comment
        What he means is that if you like class, you will still play it despite it not being one of the best dps.
        However i actually disagree with DS being hard to use, i believe the lack of DS players is due to the low/mediocre damage before which makes it pretty unpopular.

• Aquamakeesha
        Aquamakeesha commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the thing with longbows was intended XD WW's can't use longbows, so everyone telling you to switch to longbow WW would be bad advice anyways lol.

I know the way I type is very direct, and ppls have told me b4 that it sounds like I'm angry or w/e - lol

Chelly - Having weak/mediocre damage before? You mean in t4? When she was hands down the most difficult, especially with the fd buff? Not to mention noone even knew how to have permanent PA/grudge/PG/genie/Pup/slow back then without BT/FF.

Even now you'll rarely find a DS fully utilizing PA, blitz>chain, DG, 180degree turn (default g), blitz>rage (for 'jumping' over large dmg attacks/party wipes), and even mech cancel.

DS isn't a 1trick pony like mara or SS, and she needs almost every slot of both her skill bars to ensure you're able to adapt to any situation while dishing out the most dps you can in those situations. Plus she's one of the few that still relies heavily on huge setup burst windows from t4 (grudge/pup + 25s CD skills).

• Chelly
        Chelly commented
        Editing a comment
        I disagree, How is it difficult to utilize ? In a way, the only tough part of piloting a DS in t4 is to keep casting her sadism and to keep the “perma” ulti which can be done by practice and afterwards can be easily produced in raid/nest.
        However you compared with mara and ss, they are imo difficult to use due to the different nature of other raids and nest where you need to have good judgement or have grasped and memorised the entire raid mechanic to even pull it off, which undoubtedly is several times harder than Just hard skill rotations.

Yes, I like DS so much and I'm planning to stay. Thank you for you words though. On the other side I was just hoping to meet other DS who happens to feel isolated or whatever. Thank youu

Comment

• Aquamakeesha
        Aquamakeesha commented
        Editing a comment
        Seraphimu and I are in springwood I believe (it might be greenwood XD), although he doesn't party often (atleast not with me :P)

Most of my chars have 'aqua' or a bird in their name. My main DS is GreyRobin on SEA. Maybe I'll see you

Perhaps this helps.

Note that this is preboost. The monstrous boost of DS comes this month's patch.
      Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
      Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
      Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• yueruchi
        yueruchi commented
        Editing a comment
        Omg I can't wait. I feel so hype now.

Btw. The video is so watermelon *o* )9 thanks for sharing

Originally posted by Aquamakeesha View Post
      If everyone told you that windwalkers with longbows are the best class, would you stop playing kali all together and make a longbow WW instead? If the answer is no, then you shouldn't change from DS either.

I've had my DS since kali release, and I have mained screamer/force user for the entirety of my time with DN. DS has never been played by anyone because she has amazing dps or amazing support or amazing stats. She has always been played because she's obviously the most fun ^_^

Throughout my years I've had countless people say, "DS sucks - you should change - SE better - noone wants screamers - blah blah blah", but I've stuck with her because it's my character, and mine alone. Plus there has never been that many DS PVE players GLOBALLY, across all DN servers anyways. Seeing very few DS nowadays is nothing new.

Like any other class, kalis have their own 'playstyle'. However, I can assure you that dark summoner has the most unique and difficult learning curve of all classes in DN, making pro DS players as rare and as valuable as gold. Seeing a DS is one thing, but seeing a pro DS greatly outshine the rest of the party in skill, timing, and maneuverability is like winning the lottery. This is also why many people shy away from DS, because she's pretty difficult to 'master'.

Besides, when you love a character a lot, you tend to be really really good with that character. Everyone will wanna party with you for EVERYTHING, regardless of your gear. There was a point in time where I was running ATN in 70 cap with blue gears just because it was fun showing everyone DS players can be pro too XD

All kali have something in common that no other class has - the types of people who main them. Kali mainers are unique in a sense that they rarely have just 1 kali, and instead have an entire fleet consisting of most of the sub-kalis, if not all of them.

My advice: keep your DS, and make 1 of every other kali. Then you never have to decide "which one is the best", because you'll have them all ^____^ plus you can just transfer your RUDNL over to each of them, saving you tons of farming for different sets.

DS is also getting the largest boost she has ever received, even larger than the t4->t5 changes.
      Like me, WARRIOR CLASS
      people love ML, GLA,
      They usually kick me out harmony-hunting pt -im DESTROYER (meanwhile i can free carry many people in VN HELL)
      Last edited by zenkizero; 01-03-2018, 02:39 AM.

Comment

It suddenly reminds me of Josh, and his old Kali video showcase. I can only remember how passionate he was in using Kali. Though, I saw Alexieve in Colosseum not too long ago, like 2 weeks or so.

OnT:

Need to say more? STAY! I myself am a Kali fanatic with SE as main. I have started loving Kali ever since its release, with BD as the first specialization I made. Then I eventually made the other branch taking the SE path. Later on, I trained a DS. Since then, I have been job-changing all 3 to different paths. (Like) switching from BD to SD, then back and forth whenever I'm bored or when it suits me.

It's true that SE has its perks of having that unique curse debuff, which is really a big plus in raids. On the other hand, DS may have the short end of the stick, but her set of skills and skill rotation is something fun and unique of her own, too. You go SLAPPIN' b****!

Comment

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Just to mention, that is probably a pilot for Alexieve's account, using it to PVP. The real Alexieve has not been active in DN for a long time.

Hi . Im also a kali user (Soul Eater , Spirit Dancer). i do have DS before but i changed it over to BD because of pvp purposes. But i solely regret it because im really not used to BD though i admit its really a good char but doesnt suits my play style. Its just out of curiousity why i did that. You can do what ever you like with your kali Select which you are compatible and comfortable the most. P.S im creating a new DS char now haha. ♥♥ TY love you all but

Comment

You need to stop being a bandwagoner. Youve played ds since her boost only. You arent loyal. #stoptryingtobeme

Comment

• Xenocho
            Xenocho commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there a problem if someone wishes to bandwagon?

• Chelly
            Chelly commented
            Editing a comment
            “You need to be a christian, you will go to hell if you dont believe in jesus”

Sounds familiar.

• mejyn09
            mejyn09 commented
            Editing a comment
            Stop the mentality that if someone wants to be DS he wanted to be like u.

P.S. no one wants to be like you and i know u, i dont want to be one also ;P

Love you all♥♥
            Last edited by mejyn09; 02-02-2018, 03:23 PM.

Originally posted by Siddharti View Post
          You need to stop being a bandwagoner. Youve played ds since her boost only. You arent loyal. #stoptryingtobeme
          What the- I literally posted this before her boost and I played kali since her release in 50 cap. *rolls eyes*
          And I'm not #tryingtobeyou. I don't even know you.

Comment

Working...
          X