SB or Flurry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB or Flurry?

Hi guys. im planning of creating a lancea. may I know the prons and cons of both classes and your opinions as well. thank you ^^ (may i also ask if one of them are burst type)

I would suggest you watch videos of "Awakened" lanceas then ask more specific questions.

Generally, Sting Breezer require more setup for a burst, while Flurry are more of fast pace action.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Don't think too much.
      Just play both of them.
      No need to pick which is stronger.
      Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

Would recommend flurry.
        1) Highest dps currently among all classes when awakening arrives( based on equal gears )
        2) pretty easy to execute out skill rotation.
        3) patk gears are still cheaper than matk .
        4) fast paced melee style gameplay.
        5) i dont think there is any cons about this class tbh lol, both sb and flur has harmonize which many player likes it.

Not a fan of telling others that dps dont matter, but there is a distinctive damage difference between the both of them.

however if you dont care about dps or whatsoever, sb is also viable if you like her gameplay.
        Last edited by Chelly; 01-22-2018, 08:53 AM.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
        When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• theredgumball
          theredgumball commented
          Editing a comment
          awakened flurry can outdps RM and Arti? :O I know that flurry will be one of the top tier dps, but did not expect her to be the highest one :O

• Chelly
          Chelly commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, in cdn is crowned the highest dps among all other classes, one tier if not same level as rm, arti on the other hand seems to not produce as much results, SE/ DS can easily win arti now.

Flurry is a good choice for a beginner. She is easy to use and boasts powerful damage.
        Sting Breezer is a good choice for advanced players. She has good damage, but it is more bursty than Flurry. She has about the same amount of utility. As a side note, she is better than Flurry for PVP. Here are some videos.
        Video 1: My friend Miki trying out Awakening in Taiwan, soloing IDN 4-man.
        Video 2: Miki soloing Guardian Nest Hell in NA (before Awakening). This shows her at her best.
        Video 3: A SB in Japan, duoing RuDNHC. Her gameplay is not as polished, but is still fun to watch.
        Last edited by Fabulous; 01-22-2018, 12:35 AM. Reason: links
        Discord: Fabulous #3971
        You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
        Class Updates Document
        Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Well i can say about flurry its a fast action class and it is kinda fun to play it.
          about SB i dont know since i did not played it yet.

Comment

I can't say much about flurry but let me tell you the pros and cons of sting breezer :v

Sting breezers have crazily op burst damage when the set-up is pulled off right. That's why her drawback is that you need to predict the movements of the boss in order to dish out huge damage. But by the time awakening comes, there will be more and faster ways to set-up burst combos.

Bonus: her skills are pretty af
            I also agree with the others to watch them in youtube or try them both in game in order for you to choose wisely (or why not just use both? )
            Last edited by alanine; 01-22-2018, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Played both and here's a piece of cake from me.

Flurry
              Pros:
              +Sustained DPS (Pretty high) [Think of it as a machine gun constantly dishing out damage]
              +Easy to use
              +Allows counter (Hornet Touch) (You can cancel most of your skills with this and getting hit will negate the damage unless its a SA damage) [Awakenable]
              +
              PATK based, which has a higher ATK growth ratio as compared to MATK

Cons:
              -
              Vulnerable buff is RNG-triggered (it fluctuates your sustained dps)
              -Enhanced spin Cut takes time to master (a slight spike can affect your cast point)
              -Neutral element which results in a penalty for chosen element (10-15% may not seem much but at high numbers it adds up)

Sting Breezer
              Pros:
              +
              Burst DPS (Really High) [Think of it as a bazooka, explosive damage but takes a long time to recover due to priority skills CD]
              +Flashy skills (Explosions)
              +Arcane focus allows you to target your enemy in case you miss your afterimage skills [Recycle damage]
              *+
              Flag Sign (Awakening skill) allows you to relocate your piercing spikes and all other projectiles to your target*
              Cons:
              -
              Skill rotation takes time to set-up and currently mobile enemies will result in you missing your priority skill (huge loss of dmg) [Will change when flag sign comes out but still takes time]
              -
              Skills have long animations and often results in being interrupted
              -Relies on skill combo for damage

Like I said before, take this as a piece of cake. You could watch more videos about both classes to see which ones appeal to you. It would be better if you could play or try out both classes to determine which one suits your play style more. It's better to enjoy playing than mindlessly out powering everything (you'll get bored eventually and playing DN will be a chore to you)
              Cheers and good luck~

Comment

Originally posted by StyleSeeker View Post
                Played both and here's a piece of cake from me.

Flurry
                Pros:
                +Sustained DPS (REALLY REALLY high) [Think of it as a Shotgun constantly dishing out damage]
                *** because skills are explosive.

Sting Breezer
                Pros:
                +
                Burst DPS (PRETTY High) [Think of it as a bazooka, explosive damage but takes a long time to recover due to priority skills CD]
                *** because skills are too pretty.
                ~
                just changing some stuffs. :>
                Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                X