How to Randgrid 101- A smol randgrid PVE guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Randgrid 101- A smol randgrid PVE guide

Click image for larger version  Name:	n3PLDeu.png Views:	1 Size:	530.9 KB ID:	159526

Google doc version with little to no formatting cuz i lazy:
    if the link doesnt work here's the address: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Rest of the guide still needs verification rip

Contents:
    1. Why Randgrid?
    2. Skill up and skill plates
    3. Courage system and heat up
    4. Rotation Explanation
    5. Gearing Up
    6. Goddess on Randgrid
    7. Randgrid in FDN

WHY RANDGRID

Q1. How’s Randgrid’s DPS performance in the 4 lancea classes?

A: I won’t say she is particularly strong, since lancea class has one of the strongest DPS in DN, Flurry. But she is not bad, higher DPS than the other 2 Lancea class (Sting Breezer/Avalanche) when the boss/nest mechanics are good for Heat Up + Counterflare combo. However, in situations when the combo doesn’t fit the mechs of the boss or nest, Randgrid probably gets the lowest dps out of the 4 lancea classes. Basically, a one trick pony.

Q2. Could you give a brief description of Randgrid’s playstyle?

A: She is pretty much like the Awakened AW/Ripper (before revamp). Over half of her dmg is from Counterflare + Heat up. If boss cancels you or runs out of range during your Counterflare + Heat up combo, usually you will lose significant amount of DPS. She is also like barbarian/destroyer at some situations. A lot of Randgrid’s skills have high super armor value, which means that she can tank through most attacks without being canceled. Her awakening passive grants her a lot of dmg reduction when hit. Her signature move- Counterflare- is a skill with high SA value + high dmg reduction. Pair those up with the amount of iframes and action-canceling skills, I will say her playstyle is more of a tanky-burst DPS class.

Q3. Why Randgrid? Why not Flurry?

A: Currently, Flurry is one of the strongest DPS in DN. However, Flurry is also one of the hardest class to master in DN. I will say it is nearly impossible to find a perfect Flurry pilot. Flurry’s DPS is highly dependent on the controller’s experience and skills.

Randgrid, on the other hand, is an average DPS that doesn’t really require superb piloting skills. You can tank through most of the attacks with Randgrid, and rotation also makes little to no difference for Randgrid. The only difference between an experienced Randgrid player and a new Randgrid player is how they use the Heat Up + Counterflare combo. To put it simply, if you master that combo, you are a good Randgrid already. In addition to that, Randgrid has two debuff skills, unlike Flurry that has only one. In some cases where the team needs an element reduction debuffer, Randgrid will be a better choice than Flurry.

SKILL UP AND SKILL PLATE

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...---00-----0--0

Explanation:

Lancea:

Hornet’s Touch- Canceling skill with block and iframe. Maxed for lower CD

Flash Lift- CM3 trigger skill, add to lv10 to get 45 sp.

Knightness/Randgrid:

Thrust- lv1 for looking cool. This passive is pretty useless in PVE imo. But I still get it for looking cool. Can move to splitter if you dont like being cool.

Brandish- lv 1 for receive dmg debuff.

Gale Stab- lv 1 to get splitter

Splitter- lv 15, but lv 11 for 2 uses is enough actually. I lv it up to 15 due to excessive SP. Useful skill for canceling actions. Also is used for ball mech in FDN dragon (Randgrid’s own skills are too slow for the mech).

Radical Charge + Radical Charge Awakening- lv1. Useless skill, useless awakening. Hitbox of the skill is too small. Although the dmg is good for awakening, most bosses don’t have a hitbox that is large enough for this skill to deal full dmg. Even in golem it has bad dmg :3. Rather invest in Splitter than this.

Blaze Strike- lv3 for looking cool. Lv1 is enough. Usually only cast this for the iframe. The cast time is too long for this skill to be useful. Also the dmg is very bad for an ultimate. Can move the skill points to splitter if you want.

Skill plate recommendation:

Counter Flare dmg

Land Crush CD

Lava Raid Action spd

Falling Meteors CD

Skill +1 plate: Counter Flare

Explanation:

Counter Flare- main dps skill, no reason not to use dmg plate

Land Crush CD/Falling Meteors CD- skills that inflicts burn debuff, but with long CD. CD plates help you to maintain constant burn debuff on bosses, which is important because Awakening Passive- Burning Injury gives you 20% additional dmg on enemies with burn debuff.

Lava Raid Action spd- Better than the dmg plate due to CM1 ‘s rng Lava raid spam. Allows you to spam more Lava Raid when the effect triggers. But dmg plate is also usable. This is more of a personal style choice.

Other plates are situational. Plates for Stomp N Stab/Iron Lance can be used when you have goddess helmet/shoe for that particular skill.

COURAGE SYSTEM AND HEAT UP

Brave Heart: Acquires Courage every 5s. Can store up to 10 courage. Can be used to deal follow up attacks for main skills.

Main skills:

Iron Lance

Stomp N Stab

Lava Raid

Land Crush

Counter Flare (uses 2 bubbles)

Basically the bubble system for Randgrid.

To properly introduce this system, we must look at the awakening active for Randgrid:

Heat Up:

Every 2s 1 courage is created.EX skills that uses courage are enhanced by 100%. All EX skill follow ups now consumes 2 courages instead of 1. (Counter Flare still consumes 2).

CD 60s, Duration 20s

The courage system by itself does not deal significant dmg. However, with Heat Up on, the follow up dmg is significantly increased.

Due to the long CD and cast time of most Randgrid skills, Heat Up is best to be used with Counter Flare, which can be cast indefinitely until being canceled or run out of bubbles.

The dmg spike of Randgrid is when she uses Counter Flare with Heat up on. To do this, proper bubble management during heat up is very crucial due to the debuff duration of Randgrid’s debuff skill.

Burn (can only be applied by Adept/Randgrid/Saleana):

In most situations, you will be the only class that can apply burn on boss.

Due to Burning Injury’s additional dmg, you need to make sure that burn debuff is on the boss when you cast your counterflare for maximum dmg.

Duration for skills that inflict burn:

Falling Meteors/Land Crush: 15s

Blaze Strike: 11s

Elemental Reduction Debuff (can be applied by ele debuff classes):

Can be ignored if your team has another ele debuff class.

Duration for skill that inflicts Ele debuff:

Iron Lance: 20 s

Received Damage Increase Debuff (can be applied by most classes):

Can be ignored if your team has another class that has this debuff.

Duration for skill that inflicts received dmg debuff:

Brandish: 20 s

You need to make sure that you can reset Counter Flare CD with CM2 passive before the burn debuff ends during Heat Up.

Most of the time the rotation for the heat up Counter Flare combo looks like this:

When have other classes for Recieved dmg/ele debuff:

If low on bubble count (<5):
    Heat Up+ Splitter/Hornet Touch cancel -> Burn debuff skills (Falling Meteor/Land Crush) -> Counter Flare (Until CD fully recovers) -> Burn debuff skills (Falling Meteor/Land Crush) -> Counter Flare

If high on Bubble count (>5):
    Burn debuff skills (Falling Meteor/Land Crush) -> Heat Up + Splitter/Hornet Touch cancel -> Counter Flare (Until CD fully recovers) -> Burn debuff skills (Falling Meteor/Land Crush) -> Counter Flare

When don’t have other classes for Recieved dmg/ele debuff:

Iron Lance -> Burn Debuff skills-> Iron Lance(cancel midway)+ Brandish + Splitter cancel -> Heat Up + Splitter/Hornet Touch cancel -> Counter Flare (Until CD fully recovers) -> Iron Lance (cancel midway)+ Burn debuff skills (Falling Meteor/Land Crush) -> Counter Flare

If your counter flare got canceled when the CD isn’t back yet during heat up, you should try to spam lava raid. If you get lava raid enhancement from CM1, then you should use the additional attack for each of the spam. If not, you should then spam all other main skills with additional attack.
    Last edited by Svalafmi; 04-24-2019, 03:26 PM.

Thanks for the tips! ñ_ñ

Also, I don't know if it is intentional or not but it seems that the speed boost from Nerwin´s hero skill aslo increases the speed for courage recovery, using that + Heat Up helped me a lot as you attack faster and recover courage faster. (And both have 60 s cooldown with 20 s buff)

Comment

• Svalafmi
      Svalafmi commented
      Editing a comment
      Heat up regen is quite buggy.
      Sometimes it doesn't behave like the skill description
      But thanks for the tip, I think it's unintentional, since they didn't say anything about that on the description lol

Hi! Good day~

I'm just suggesting to move your guide on google docs and put it as a link here,
    so you can easily/casually update it.

You can also put ez images there so it won't be boring as hell,
    as well as embedding gifs, linking some youtube guides, etc.

Also don't make it some of the block wall of text making anyone hard to read here on forums.

PS. I'm looking forward to le updates.
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• Svalafmi
      Svalafmi commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah thank you, I thought the posting system bugged since I waited for like 12 day and this post didn't get processed for some reason lol.
      I do have a google doc version, but I feel a forum post will be better since I don't like putting a single link there
      Kinda forget about this post since I thought it didn't get posted due to internet issues lol
      Will finish the guide when I got access to a computer
      Last edited by Svalafmi; 04-24-2019, 02:25 PM.

Rotation Explanation:

Randgrid does not have a set rotation.

It is easier to think of the rotation when you categorize the skills like the following:

Long Duration Buffs(Casted before battle starts):

Prosperity

Power of Knightnesss

Debuff Skills:

Iron Lance

(Brandish)

Land Crush (CM3 for faster casting)

Falling Meteors

Filler Skills:

Stomp N Stab (both normal and Instant version)

Rising Lava

Lava Raid

Heroic Charge

Flash Lift

Main DPS skills:

Counter Flare

Heat Up

Iframe skills/Utility:

Splitter

Hornet’s Touch

Parrying Step

Blaze Strike

Heroic Charge

Fighting Spirit

The rotation for Heat Up and counter flare is already describe at COURAGE SYSTEM AND HEAT UP, and will be abbreviated as Heat Up in the rotation description.

Debuff -&gt; Heat Up -&gt; Filler skills -&gt; (wait for heat up CD) -&gt; Debuff -&gt; Filler skills

The sequence of how you spam the filler skills does not impact the dps much. Generally you will want to spam Lava Raid as often as possible for more CM1 triggers.

Iframe skills and Utility skills are used to whenever the situation seems fit.

Following are some personal opinions on when you should use the Iframe/Utility skills:

Splitter:

Used mostly to cancel the action for Brandish and Heat up. Can use after any skills of randgrid for faster cast animations. I also use this skill for Ball mech on FDN dragon stage.

Hornet’s Touch:

Can be used between most skills with spacebar. This skill is buggy for me due to my high ping, thus you won’t see me cast this often (or maybe i did cast, but failed due to latency).

Parrying Step:

Easier to cast than hornet’s touch, also have a long iframe even when parry failed. But the CD is very long for randgrid, I will say it’s best to save this for emergency

Blaze Strike:

Very long Iframe + in air time. Perfect for iframing some mechs. However, casting this means dropping dps because of its long cast time and low dmg. Usually saves it unless emergency.

Heroic Charge:

Long iframe + decent dmg + can move while casting. Usually not used as utility but as a filler skill. But you can also save this skills to evade certain mechs, such as the wifi spikes during FDN dragon. Also, this skill is best to be used with high mouse sensitivity. It is possible to reach maximum board dmg even on small bosses if you have a high mouse sensitivity. Max hit: 34, Total board dmg: 15300%

Fighting Spirit:

Buff that recovers HP per hit on enemies. Usually use as an emergency HP recovery method. Since heroic charge provides high hit count + long iframe, Fighting Spirit is usually cast before heroic charge for safe hp recovery.

GEARING UP:

Basically is same with most STR classes.

However, due to Lance Mastery, Randgrid can reach critical dmg and critical rate cap much more easier than most other classes.

Weapons:

FDN(Main weapon only)&gt;Skilla&gt;Calypse

FDN weapon buff duration is the same with heat up. Thus it is very good for randgrid.

Generally you will want to upgrade your weapons slowly as you progress. There is not much choice here, so i won’t say more at this category.

Armor:

Helmet:

Skilla &gt;= Randgrid Goddess (situational) &gt; Other Ancient Helmets &gt; Calypse

Upper and Lower:

Skilla &gt; Calypse tier 3 +20 &gt; Ancient parts

Gloves and shoes:

+10 Skilla&gt;= +10 Randgrid goddess &gt; +10 ancient parts (roughly = skilla +8) &gt; tier 3 +20

I will say its best to stick with the traditional calypse -&gt; skilla upgrade route for most cases.

However, if you are low in funds and somehow got ancient gloves/shoes, they are good replacements for calypse/skilla as long as they are str stats. For helmet it depends on your stat, but usually i will say skilla helmet is best for randgrid. I will talk about this more in the goddess section of this guide. For lower and upper, if you have plans to enhance them, you shouldn’t go for ancient gears, as they will end up as a waste of money as you progress.

Accessories:

FD not yet 14944:

2 L GDN (any part) + 2 Refined Genesis:

Highest FD accessory set. Can use for a long time.

Generally i think GDN neck + Faraway ring is best for this set.

Low in funds:

Mist queen neck (patk%) + crystal flame (element same as your atk jade)/determination + Ring of new moon (patk%)

All labyrinth accessories. Basically free. Note that 5th step versions of mist queen/crystal flame are very close in stat to geraint accessories with 2 L jades on. New moon 5th step are also very useful when you want to get more defence. Remember to save those if you are lucky enough to get one.

End game targets (only when you have more than 14944 FD):

Geraint Accessories:

Only good when you have full L jades.

FDN ring:

Good when you have the GDN 2 set alrdy, or in extreme cases, 2 geraint/5th step Mist+ crystal 2 FDN.

5th Step Mist/Crystal:

Replacements for geraint. Mist is only usable for endgame when you get 5th step. But crystal is good for all steps as it is better than most earrings when you are full FD.

Plates:

Basic: Fatal/Ultimate/Bear/Wind/Iron Wall/Health/Life Vitality/Destruction/Tent

Aim for 89% crit rate and 300% ctd in nest first.

FD should be your last consideration, since FD plates are very expensive.

If you don’t have anything else to use for 3rd stat, pdef and mdef 3rd stat plates are a good choice since they allows you to tank more stuff while dpsing.

Talisman:

Aim for STR 2nd stat if possible, as they are also the endgame talisman.

Placement depends on stats. Usually talisman is used for adjusting ctd/crit.

If possible, put elemental talisman/Guardian at the 200% slot, as they are usually stronger than other talisman. Ultimate talisman should also be put at 175% or 200% slot if you are not full FD yet.

Jades:

STR vit jades are usually the best choice for randgrid, due to the need of tanking through attacks. But generally any STR jades are good. For attack jades, do not use ecj on randgrid since she is not an ecj class. However, she can use any element, so as long as you get the ele jades of the same element, it is good for randgrid.

You should not worry about how many atk% and ele% jades you should use until you are getting high grade U jades or L jades.

GODDESS ON RANDGRID:

I will only discuss about goddess helmet/gloves/shoe in this part.

Goddess Helmet:

Generally, goddess helmet for randgrid is weaker than skilla.

This is because Randgrid’s dmg are mostly on Counterflare, which is a skill that doesn’t have goddess.

However, goddess helmet for certain skills are very useful when your heat up is still in CD.

Note that this won’t increase your DPS significantly, but is useful when you are dealing with dps check mechs in certain raids/nests.

Usable skills:

Land Crush

Lava Raid

Stomp N Stab

Iron Lance

Land Crush &gt; Lava Raid &gt; Iron Lance &gt;= Stomp and Stab

Goddess gloves:

Randgrid doesn’t need action spd.

I will say that if you have skilla +10 gloves already, you don’t need to invest in this.

Goddess Shoe:

Doesn’t give a significant dps increase.

However, is still better than skilla if you get the following skill parts:

Useable skills:

Land Crush

Lava Raid

Stomp N Stab

Iron Lance

Land Crush &gt; Lava Raid &gt; Iron Lance &gt;= Stomp and Stab

*Note for goddess shoe and helmet:

You should use the respective skill on your goddess more frequently in rotation. Using CD plate or dmg plate for your goddess skill will be a good choice too.

RANDGRID IN FDN

Randgrid in nests and GDN is terrible in most cases due to the bar mechs and high SA cancel attacks.

Thus I won’t say much about that here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15zuv7N5og

DPS/Skill detail/gears at end of video.

S1:

First boss is very annoying as it often walks away from your counterflare. Note that the attack at 3:17 has high SA break, you should not cast counter flare during this attack, as it will be canceled.

Second boss’s binding roots will also cancel counter flare if it binds you.

Third boss’s fire circles have high SA break, need to make sure to avoid casting counterflare when the boss is using that skill.

S2:

Most attacks cannot cancel counter flare. However, attacks that pushes you back and the exploding orbs in night time can cancel counter flare.

S3:

Lamia’s exclamation mark stomp and attack at 20:22 cancels counter flare. Other stuff you can tank through them :3

Right side boss usually doesn’t cancel counter flare, but the electrocute debuff does.

Left side boss runs a lot, he will run away before canceling you.

Last boss has high dmg, best to iframe when you are low in HP.

S4 (Dragon):

Most stuff will cancel your counter flare. I think the best spot to dps will be at the right hind leg, as most attacks won’t reach there.

For mushroom controlling, you can abuse the iframe from heroic charge when clearing yellow mushroom or clearing a large group of blue mushroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    END OF GUIDE
    Probably still needs some formatting

Comment

Working...
    X