Ruina PvP questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruina PvP questions

Ive been maining my ruina in PvP and i am willing to share some tips on how you can tame the neko! So post your questions here and i will try to answer them. Cheers!

Any tips on how to kill Ruina class? Aside from skill balancing, of course.

Comment

Is it good to take bounding reaction ex as well as smashing blow?

Blink and you'll miss it

Comment

• Agent3554
        Agent3554 commented
        Editing a comment
        Smashing Blow could cancel your combo because some of your skills use [Right Click] and it might suddenly activate if you stand near the enemy while stunned. It might ruin your combo... Smashing Blow can be used to lift enemies, but unfortunately, you cannot link it with combo as it has long delay on it.

Wait what...... Bounding Reaction Ex? Do you mean Lvl 6 Bounding Reaction?
        If yes, then it's up to you, because you can combo it with aerial attacks (Beat Down and Rock fist) especially Beyond The Wall or Flying Knee Kick

Sorry for late reply, im gonna answer your questions

NearLawlet bait the aerial evasion and wallop (same mechanics as tinker class), only 2 counters for ruina so if you bait those two, she will just GG. Caution tho, DO NOT ENGAGE RUINA'S GEAR STEPS. they soak super armor esp those knew rheir class well. Play safe, engage with iframes or very high SA skills when clashing.

KureyonNeko I advise get Bounding reacrion to lvl 1, ruina is on the ground when they fight as per defensio is aerial, thus "air walking" . BR lvl 6 shines as utility if u have defensio as it chains with BTW and FKK + BD. If you are defensio imo, BR lvl 6 is a must, better if plated with attack speed. Tip also do not get leap over for ruina on PVP, it has little use.
      Last edited by rvpunk; 04-12-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Agent3554
        Agent3554 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I'm good even without Bounding Reaction Level 6, I leave it to level 1, the alternative for that is, LMB+Space trick, then you can now use any airborne skills. It also makes your jump higher than you thought. Bounding Reaction is very slow and you don't want to even use the AS Plate as it isn't that much important.

To compensate lifting enemies from ground is that you can use Body Check, or Jump+RMB (Smashing Blow) (<=Can lift enemies from ground) or you can combine both, Jump+RMB + RMB 2x

EDIT: Note: Lifting enemies using Body Check is very slow, as you have to go through Elbow Attack first, you can only use this when the enemy was just recently got incapacitated, and do not use it when the enemy is already on the ground, as it will not hit them because they will be now standing that at point. Use Space + RMB instead, and use Body Check to keep them from standing up again.

BR only shines because you can use Fly By three times and it's only occationally needed when your enemy used their aerial evasion already.
        Fly By + Space > LMB Combo > Bounding Reaction - Fly By + Space > LMB Combo > Fly By > LMB Combo

BR is also good for generating SA equal to range attack SAB and can absorb as many ranged attacks as you can (until the animation ends) (do not use this while getting attacked by melee attacks)

Combining Aerial Evasion and Smashing Blow was a very good trick as well (Only when your enemy isn't casting any skill that generates SA higher than your Smashing Blow SAB, but it also has consequences, as this will make your I-Frame during Aerial Evasion depleted in an instant since you use Smashing Blow [Note: Smashing Blow gives good SAB, but not enough SA to protect you])

I apologize if my opinion/advice isn't good enough
        Last edited by Agent3554; 04-12-2019, 04:50 AM.

• KureyonNeko
        KureyonNeko commented
        Editing a comment
        It's fine haha I kinda learned how to use it efficiently now. I'm more of a captain player so bounding 6 is helpful for juking oppponents. I rarely use BR for relifts since i can just use kneestomp and other skills for relifts. My BR is just an emergency relift. Thanks I didnt know BR had a speed plate I'll check it out next week after exams

Agent3554 i appreciate the input youve been giving on this thread because it shows the different playstyles from machina players, and i encourage others to share their viewpoints on their own styles for the new players to be encouraged to play the awesome neko

Re: Boundary reaction

Boundary reaction is basically a filler skill, and as a baseline, level 1 will suffice. I personally levelled it to 6 for the backflip as I feel that the combos are more fluid if chained that way e.g. BR6>BTW+catch>FKK>.... . Moreover, having a ASPD is a matter of preference because you can put more crucial plates on the 4 slots, the reason why I chose ASPD for BR is since I had it on 6, it is faster to chain skills (there are instances when I had BR on lvl 1 and no aspd , the stagger of BR misses due to lag, and the opponent just stands with iframe or uses wake up atk that the combo breaks)

Note: for ruina, BR is advised to take it on lvl 1. For defensio, lvl 1 or 6 which depends on your playstyle.

Re: smashing blow

SB is another filler skill with the same level of importance as sorc's staff smash (dont know the proper skill name sorry, the skill RMB after jump), not that important, but mostly for the lulz. Safest use of SB is, as Agent mentioned, after aerial evasion (not that safe), but can be used also after flyby (really not safe).

Feel free to add to this discourse
      Last edited by rvpunk; 04-12-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rvpunk View Post
        Agent3554 i appreciate the input youve been giving on this thread because it shows the different playstyles from machina players, and i encourage others to share their viewpoints on their own styles for the new players to be encouraged to play the awesome neko

Re: Boundary reaction

Boundary reaction is basically a filler skill, and as a baseline, level 1 will suffice. I personally levelled it to 6 for the backflip as I feel that the combos are more fluid if chained that way e.g. BR6>BTW+catch>FKK>.... . Moreover, having a ASPD is a matter of preference because you can put more crucial plates on the 4 slots, the reason why I chose ASPD for BR is since I had it on 6, it is faster to chain skills (there are instances when I had BR on lvl 1 and no aspd , the stagger of BR misses due to lag, and the opponent just stands with iframe or uses wake up atk that the combo breaks)

Note: for ruina, BR is advised to take it on lvl 1. For defensio, lvl 1 or 6 which depends on your playstyle.

Re: smashing blow

SB is another filler skill with the same level of importance as sorc's staff smash (dont know the proper skill name sorry, the skill RMB after jump), not that important, but mostly for the lulz. Safest use of SB is, as Agent mentioned, after aerial evasion (not that safe), but can be used also after flyby (really not safe).

Feel free to add to this discourse
        Ah thank you for your advice, I agree on your most point

Also, I would like to add something about the SB on Fly By
        You cannot use SB during flying animation, rolling animation, rollback animation, but you can use it when you use Beyond the wall first before you make a smashing blow

Something like this:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	test.png
Views:	220
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	160666

Comment

yeah my bad, Sb can work mid air and not during flyby(RMB while flyby causes lariat)

Comment

Working...
          X