Elestra's ICE BARRIER NO SUPER ARMOR after cloister patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elestra's ICE BARRIER NO SUPER ARMOR after cloister patch

Ice barrier's HP/durability is now based on MAXHP and extended duration to 80secs...
    That was stated in the patchnotes.
    But removal of super armor was not.

is it a bug or a hidden change?

having no super armor with very little barrier durability greatly decreased elestra's dmg output
    i hope this is a bug that will be fixed

any elestra out there who has the same experience?

I cannot confirmed whether it is intentional or not but unfortunately I can also attest that the high SA from ice barrier is no longer around and you can get flinch even with ice barrier up. Big Ripperino
    Just your average friendly neighbourhood noob.

>Click Here for Elestra Guide

Comment

that is so sad............... but cannot be confirm............
      Meme is a thing........ Ugly meme is another thing.....

Comment

Same here. Elestra imo, is the least mobile of all sorc class, force user having their tp, prolly at par with saleana but them fire witches compensates for it with damage. Elestras dont have that kind of damage in which why the barrier skill was there in the first place. Some people would argue that it only takes proper dodging and all to play properly and I dont disagree with that, but man, how it affects her damage output bothers me. Before there was the gfield issue and now this, ED just castrated my favorite class. I hope other ice witch players share their experience and thoughts about this change.

Comment

• darkziro
          darkziro commented
          Editing a comment
          Same thoughts

Elestras' dmg output is highly dependent on ice barrier's super armor. Without it, we'll spend most time dodging while being the slowest sorce class.
          It just became a +30% ice buff that can be destroyed easily. bye bye +30% ICE atk

• NoobiexD
          NoobiexD commented
          Editing a comment
          Well it is true to an extend elestra is not as mobile as other classes with many skills with length casting animation and being stationary. Unfortunately, we will have to live with the issue of having a small ice barrier without SA. I face many issues with this personally as I tend to solo most content. All the monsters focus are on and keep interrupting my skills.

elestra is dead. sigh...
        ~Severalle | Zachura | Syliveth~
        LINElife

Comment

• NoobiexD
          NoobiexD commented
          Editing a comment
          Elestra has been dead since lv90 cap

I am deeply saddened about this. I could have done with just nerfing barrier to 15% of base hp. But then even ninja'd the SA. :v
        My dps before this nerf was already low. I don't have problem with dodging but still---

Won't they be increasing eles dmg anytime soon? XD

Comment

• atom100
          atom100 commented
          Editing a comment
          barrier bug still there. when you cast it in boss stage in dungeon , after clearing it then enter another dungeon dungeon upon entry cast it, no effect. Glacial field also sometimes don't work for me, with animation no effect.

• NoobiexD
          NoobiexD commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah the bug still exist despite supposedly "fix". I still encounter it but it is way seldom as compared to the past.

• Ele_Eirawen
          Ele_Eirawen commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told the bug is most likely caused by latency issue. When i play on my laptop, 99% of the time, my glacial field wont work. Even after fix. But when I switched to pc, it works all the time. But there were some occasion when it still didnt work when my game suddenly hangs for a sec.

Is it intended to make Elestra less tanky or its just an error in the new patch?

Comment

• NoobiexD
          NoobiexD commented
          Editing a comment
          It is intentional to make Elestra less tanky due to whatever reasons. Mainly, I think it has got to do with the tank shield nerf awhile back. Their shield (destroyer/guardian/defensio) became unspammable, no more SA and scale with % hp. So they decided to do the same to Elestra's Ice Barrier.

Well. After one week, I'm already kinda used to it.The annoying stuff only is when glacial field is cancelled. lel

Comment

• NoobiexD
          NoobiexD commented
          Editing a comment
          If by cancelled, you mean visuals showing but no effect being applied (damage/ice stack/Ice Sphere CTC not applying) then yes. I occasionally encounter that too but it is much less frequent. If you mean getting cancelled by boss attacks, it should not affect the state of Glacial Field. It will still do its full effect as the old nature of Glacial Field continues to take effect even if you cancel the animation after casting. Which was why I had the clip of "Glacial Field Cancellation" to speed up the casting of Glacial Field

• justlance
          justlance commented
          Editing a comment
          oooooo. I never noticed that eh. Maybe the time I did notice it your first and second explanation for cancelled glacial field occurred at the same time. Welp

Probably wrong choice for me, i should have chosen saleana in participating in last eyegatcha. Just in LAB 15 if chilling mist is cancelled, Bye bye no more damaging skill left.

Comment

• NoobiexD
          NoobiexD commented
          Editing a comment
          You are clearly playing Elestra wrong if all you rely is Chilling Mist. While it is true to an extent that Chilling Mist is one the burst DPS skill, it is not the only damaging skill. Triple Icy Shards + Glacial Spikes, Frozen Spikes, Ice Cyclones are easily the top most damaging DPS skills of Elestra

• atom100
          atom100 commented
          Editing a comment
          ice cyclone?isn't that for display purposes only w/ crappy damage. I'm more used in spamming freezing field EX and freezing field EXI. like you said chilling mist is for burst . if you miss here comes the deadly mechanics. the other skills you mentioned need several hits to kill the monster, and they are also cancellable by minor hit now.

Hmm I'm not aware they boosted ice cyclone. still you need full bubble to be effective, can't be cast all the time.
          Last edited by atom100; 01-15-2019, 12:20 PM.

• NoobiexD
          NoobiexD commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless the boss typically die in 10 seconds, for long fights where the boss tend to be stationary for a few seconds, Ice Cyclone is still easily a very good skill especially for longer fights such as GDN or FDN. It is typically one of my top DPS skills. However in shorter fights such as labyrinths, you still have Frozen Spikes, Triple Icy Shards + Glacial Spikes, Freezing Field as DPS. The cooldowns are relatively short.

I think you were referring to the old Ice Cyclone with the long lengthy animation casting. Ice Cyclone damage has always been decent for a full hit but it has way too long and slow casting animation. However, it has now greatly been improved to have a much shorter cast animation and easily spammable cast by holding left click. You can still cast Ice Cyclone with 10-20 bubbles, it is perfectly fine.

has anyone made a ticket about this and what did ED say?
        ~Severalle | Zachura | Syliveth~
        LINElife

Comment

Working...
        X