Smasher CM3 to use or nah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smasher CM3 to use or nah?

Is the cm3 any better ? Since i don't use awakening LC. This is somewhat hard for me to think xD

Absolutely not. There's a reason that we didn't take [Awakened Passive] Laser Cutter in the first place, and Class Mastery III disregards our opinions and forces it upon us. In addition, SEA has the v1.0 of Class Mastery III - the ones that were released when 95 cap came out in Korea. One month later, many Class Mastery IIIs got buffed, and the other servers have the buffed versions. For some reason, Eyedentity decided to give you guys the beta versions.

Anyways, v1.0 of Smasher's Class Mastery III sucks balls (Majesty's balls). It does 20 hits, with no explosion damage. Laser Cutter EX does 25 hits, with one hit doing explosion damage. Let's compare.

Linked Laser Cutter EX:
    5588 x 8.33% (coefficient of each hit) = 465% per hit
    465 x 20 hits = 9309% normal hits
    264 x 11 = 2904% from Shockwave
    total = 12213%

Normal Laser Cutter EX:
    465 x 24 hits = 11171% normal hits
    5588 x 50% = 2794% explosion damage
    total = 13965%

Now what is the buffed Class Mastery III? It increases the number of hits to 25, with the first and last being explosion hits.
    465 x 23 hits = 10695% normal hits
    2794 x 2 explosions = 5588% explosion damage
    total = 16823 + 2904 (Shockwave) = 19727%

We can see that the buffed version is quite a stronger, but let's be real here. Class Mastery III doesn't increase the speed of Laser Cutter, so it still takes just as long to deal full damage. Bosses will not stay in one spot long enough for that. Furthermore, I've tried out the Class Mastery III and the laser staying in one spot is blinding because normally you don't move, either. The laser moving is actually a good thing, because it doesn't blind you as much. Additionally, people who did take Laser Cutter awakening in 93 cap can exploit the "two Laser Cutters at once" trick, which is more damage than doing a single linked Laser Cutter EX. Finally, we all know that Laser Ray is still queen.
    Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

Comment

tl;dr the stationary laser isn't any better than the moving one because of boss improbability, and being forced to learn laser cutter awakening is a waste of your bubbles for laser ray and can potentially hurt your dps instead of benefit it. overall this update and the lack of bug fixes for mystics has continued to prove to us how little the developers pay attention to the practicality of these new passives. :C

also fabulous is gr8 at math gj bby.
      http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Comment

Thanks for the math xD. Really appreciate your help and I understand what to do now. Thanks for replying ♥ (yas laser ray is queen)

Comment

time to delete my smasher...

Comment

Working...
          X