Sally here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sally here

I change my Eles to sally.. please care to share your Skill build and rotation for PVE since im new to this character. Still learning

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0-00-----0--0

Explanations
    • Keep in mind that this has all the skills that you will need and that minor point differences won't make too much of a difference.
    • Poison Missile: Many bosses in this game start off with an i-frame, so you don't necessarily know when to attack. I like to drop one of these on the ground because it indicates to me when I can start attacking.
    • Inferno lv 16: Yeah, you can max it if you want to tech it, but otherwise, it's not going to do damage. You're going to cancel it immediately, anyways.
    • Fiery Vortex lv 1: I've never used this skill for damage; only to shield myself from party wipes. You should never have time to use this.
    • Blizzard Storm: This is a useful i-frame that helps you dodge stomps and annoying mechanics like RuDN S3 memory game.
    Techs
    • Necklace: Fire Wall always does more damage than Ignite.
    • Earrings: Inferno is the only choice. I have 90U Flame Road instead.
    • Rings: Flame Road and Rolling Lava.
    • Cash Staff: Fireball.
    • Skill-Up: Fireball. You should +2 with this if possible. Some people choose Flame Road, which is indeed powerful on larger bosses, but Fireball is more versatile.
    Rotations
    Your rotation should revolve around your bubble count. Therefore, start with Fire Wall and Ignite unless you're the only one in your party with an elemental debuff; in which case, start off with Inferno and then fit in Fire Wall and Ignite after the Fireball combo. Your party's damage is more important than your perfect rotation.

Bubbles: 2
    Inferno > Flame Spark > Fireball INS > Enhanced Flame Burst > Phoenix Storm > Fireball INS > Flame Worm into Flame Road > Enhanced Summon Meteor

Bubbles: 1
    Inferno > Flame Spark > Fireball INS > Enhanced Flame Burst > Flame Burst > Phoenix Storm > Fireball INS > Flame Worm into Flame Road > Rolling Lava > Fireball

Bubbles: 0
    Inferno > Flame Spark > Summon Meteor cancel > Fireball INS > Phoenix Storm > Fireball INS > Flame Worm into Flame Road > Rolling Lava > Fireball

After this, you'll have a different sequence because of CDs, but in general:
    • Use regular Flame Burst whenever possible.
    • Pair Enhanced Flame Burst with Hot Rod.
    • The difference between Enhanced Flame Burst and Enhanced Summon Meteor is the casting time. Thus, use Enhanced Flame Burst whenever your other skills are up (like Flame Road), and use Enhanced Summon Meteor when you're waiting for CDs.
    • Regular Fireball and Rolling Lava are fillers. Rolling Lava comes out faster than Fireball, so that's why I put it first.
    • Inferno and Phoenix Storm are essential debuffs that you should have up during or before your hardest hitting skills - namely the double Fireball, Flame Road, and your Fever skills. Note that Inferno is not a fire resistance debuff, but rather a critical resistance one.
    • If you have to use regular Summon Meteor, try to use the cancelling method in the Bubbles: 0 part. Use Flame Spark, hit Summon Meteor, then hit Fireball right away before the animation is complete. This saves time.
    • If you have to use regular Fireball, use the right-click version for maximum damage.
    • If you're on the filler part of a rotation, say Rolling Lava or Fireball, when Fire Wall and Ignite come up, you should stop what you're doing and use those skills. Generating bubbles is the most important thing.
    Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Oh. Thank​​​​ you very much.. a very detaild info hrhehe ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Fabulous View Post
        https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0-00-----0--0

Explanations
        • Keep in mind that this has all the skills that you will need and that minor point differences won't make too much of a difference.
        • Poison Missile: Many bosses in this game start off with an i-frame, so you don't necessarily know when to attack. I like to drop one of these on the ground because it indicates to me when I can start attacking.
        • Inferno lv 16: Yeah, you can max it if you want to tech it, but otherwise, it's not going to do damage. You're going to cancel it immediately, anyways.
        • Fiery Vortex lv 1: I've never used this skill for damage; only to shield myself from party wipes. You should never have time to use this.
        • Blizzard Storm: This is a useful i-frame that helps you dodge stomps and annoying mechanics like RuDN S3 memory game.
        Techs
        • Necklace: Fire Wall always does more damage than Ignite.
        • Earrings: Inferno is the only choice. I have 90U Flame Road instead.
        • Rings: Flame Road and Rolling Lava.
        • Cash Staff: Fireball.
        • Skill-Up: Fireball. You should +2 with this if possible. Some people choose Flame Road, which is indeed powerful on larger bosses, but Fireball is more versatile.
        Rotations
        Your rotation should revolve around your bubble count. Therefore, start with Fire Wall and Ignite unless you're the only one in your party with an elemental debuff; in which case, start off with Inferno and then fit in Fire Wall and Ignite after the Fireball combo. Your party's damage is more important than your perfect rotation.

Bubbles: 2
        Inferno > Flame Spark > Fireball INS > Enhanced Flame Burst > Phoenix Storm > Fireball INS > Flame Worm into Flame Road > Enhanced Summon Meteor

Bubbles: 1
        Inferno > Flame Spark > Fireball INS > Enhanced Flame Burst > Flame Burst > Phoenix Storm > Fireball INS > Flame Worm into Flame Road > Rolling Lava > Fireball

Bubbles: 0
        Inferno > Flame Spark > Summon Meteor cancel > Fireball INS > Phoenix Storm > Fireball INS > Flame Worm into Flame Road > Rolling Lava > Fireball

After this, you'll have a different sequence because of CDs, but in general:
        • Use regular Flame Burst whenever possible.
        • Pair Enhanced Flame Burst with Hot Rod.
        • The difference between Enhanced Flame Burst and Enhanced Summon Meteor is the casting time. Thus, use Enhanced Flame Burst whenever your other skills are up (like Flame Road), and use Enhanced Summon Meteor when you're waiting for CDs.
        • Regular Fireball and Rolling Lava are fillers. Rolling Lava comes out faster than Fireball, so that's why I put it first.
        • Inferno and Phoenix Storm are essential debuffs that you should have up during or before your hardest hitting skills - namely the double Fireball, Flame Road, and your Fever skills. Note that Inferno is not a fire resistance debuff, but rather a critical resistance one.
        • If you have to use regular Summon Meteor, try to use the cancelling method in the Bubbles: 0 part. Use Flame Spark, hit Summon Meteor, then hit Fireball right away before the animation is complete. This saves time.
        • If you have to use regular Fireball, use the right-click version for maximum damage.
        • If you're on the filler part of a rotation, say Rolling Lava or Fireball, when Fire Wall and Ignite come up, you should stop what you're doing and use those skills. Generating bubbles is the most important thing.
        Having Mental Mastery and Mind Conquer is not really necessary in a lot of Nests, each stages after defeating a boss restores your HP and MP at 100%, and whenever you are in a certain pinch like on a raid nest where certain boss actually drains your mana if they hit you with a certain attack that deals a debuff that consistently makes you lose your mana pool fast, you would need a help from a saint.

Overall, Mental Mastery and Mind Conquer is not necessary to get as long as you know what you are doing, you won't lose that much mana with Mana Flow that reduces 20% mana usage on all skills.

and just a quick question; why do you have to add 5 SP on wheeling staff? is it for mob control or for pushing away certain objects in some mechanics such as the seeds in stage 1 at volcano nest?
        why use the 3 split fire ball instead of the single more powerful fireball? the 3 split fireballs has a very wide distance from each other, means not all of them would hit the enemy, and as far as i know, the regular fireball deals more damage because it can deal 200% more damage + the EX upgrade's 40% more damage output, other than having each fireball deal 96% of the skill's damage output, not even sure if it meant that it increases your fireball attack damage more, or it only deals 96% of the base skill's damage output.

and you were wrong on 1 thing, as the text said, it reduces the fire elemental resistance of all enemies hit with inferno by 20%, it did not say critical resistance, and with the sorceress having to depend on her elemental attack to deal more damage because sorceress tend to have low critical chance, why would they make her inferno EX upgrade to debuff enemies with 20% reduced critical resistance as to she has a low critical chance? there would be no point at all doing it.

it would be great to apply it for an archer and all other AGI based class which they benefit the most on that attribute, like the sniper has a debuff on her Aerial Chain Shot EX that reduces 20% of the critical resistance of all enemies hit, it applies well for her because she has a high critical hit chance but less critical damage, having her enemies reduced critical resistance she deals better critical damage and she already has a high critical hit chance so it would be a great debuff for her, i doubt it would be good for a salaena though.

For me i would suggest Zero-X to get shockwave for pushing purposes and retain the level 6 wheeling staff to add it up for the job, also if you like to have your flame worm to level 27, remove 1 SP from your mind conquer to maximize the damage you can deal (even if the damage increase is small)

Inferno deals a quite decent amount of damage when used, you don't have to remove any of your SP on your Salaena skill tree because all of them are useful for you at this point, just carefully use your Inferno at the right time whenever a boss is idle , always time the usage of your skills as it will leave you vulnerable for a second like summon meteor.
        if you want to deal as much damage as possible in a short amount of time, use your FlameBurst and get near an enemy while using your Flame Worm>Flame Road combo, before using the combo use your FlameBurst even without bubbles, or if you have a bubble, please do so to maximize the damage, as you will know flameburst deals more damage than summon meteor in a burst, summon meteor is favored because it can be cast as quickly as possible and leaves a trail of lava that deals damage over time while enemies are stepping on it, and because it is not bugged as for flame burst whenever you try to cast it and tumble to quickly dash your way on to the enemy, or use flame road, it sometimes gets left behind and is triggered on the location wherever you cast Flame Burst.

I recommended you to use flame burst in order to combo it with flame road , while using flame road you have to get near an enemy enough to pass them through with your flame road's fire, combo it with flame burst to make use of your flame burst if you dont like using it that much when you have summon meteor to cast.

always Spam your summon meteor if you have maximized the bubble limit you can only gain, right after you get 1 bubble, summon meteor quickly, then earn a bubble again, then repeat, as what Fabulous said.

also, do not add any type of ice elemental skills on your salaena, it wouldn't be advisable as she purely depends on her fire elemental skills to deal damage, if you want some slow purposes, fire wall has been given with a 50% reduction slow similar to the debuff slow of the Elestra's ice attacks, you can get 1 level of Frost Wind if your require it to slow certain mobs that might be part of a mechanic, its also a good way to push things away but not as good as shockwave or wheeling staff's level 6 tornado effect

Comment

• Zeref
          Zeref commented
          Editing a comment
          - Wheeling staff @Lv6 acts as an extra pushing skill. Personal preference, along with having mental mastery & mind conquer.
          - The right click version of FB ex is more powerful than left click, assuming that you hit all 3. He said this under the context that you would be casting the skill point blank.
          - Inferno EX has always reduced enemy critical resistance, not elemental. ED simply made a mistake on the skill description. Going by your logic, it would be completely redundant to have inferno ex apply an elemental resistance debuff, considering phoenix strike already takes care of that.
          - The reason flame worm is at 26 is because of the last damage leap, occuring at every 5 levels from Lv6 onward (6, 11, 16, 21, 26).
          - Holding out inferno ex just so it can deal full damage is a total waste of your time. Your dps window will always be limited and you should be focused on dishing out as much damage as possible from your main skills, not fillers.
          - Upgraded flame burst takes precedence over summon meteor considering it is easier to achieve full hits.

• CLYMAX
          CLYMAX commented
          Editing a comment
          even though the right click version of the fireball is more powerful than the left click, it is still not necessary for a player to risk the fact that regular fireball takes a few second to charge, and will make them vulnerable for that few seconds, if the boss starts to swing, they have to use blink and avoid danger and the skill will be cancelled, the instant of fireball EX cannot use the 3 split fireball version, either way its not really important, the thing that the player should do is use their ability at any cause in nests or dungeon and still avoid danger, its really not necessary to use the 3 split fireball all the time

fireball ex left click deals 200% of fireball's damage plus 40% of that number, meaning 200 x 1.4 = 280% of the skill description.
        fireball ex right click deals 96% of fireball's damage 3 times, meaning its calculated as 96 x 3 = 288% of the base damage.
        meaning both versions do almost identical damage with right click triple fireball doing slightly more damage, but overall in the current level cap content, many players are not crit capped yet and therefore are better off using the right click version because you will have a more reliable critical hit rate with a skill that hits three times over a skill that hits once.

as for inferno ex's debuff, in 90 cap all debuffs were changed to be either all damage, all elements, or critical resist. for inferno, the debuff was changed to reduce critical resist in the 90 cap update, and upon the release of awakenings in 93 cap, the skill description was improperly carried over with server transfer and reverted to display the previous fire resistance effect despite still reducing critical resist as intended.

sorceress players on the NA server pointed this out to the developers and they actually fixed our skill tooltip to state the proper debuff, but obviously have not done so in other servers.

sea server Click image for larger version  Name:	unknown.png Views:	1 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	96609
        na server after correction
        Click image for larger version  Name:	unknown.png Views:	1 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	96610
        as for comments relating to critical rate between different classes, no matter what class you play your goal should be to reach crit cap, and critical resistance debuffs benefit all classes equally.
        Last edited by Echelos; 10-16-2017, 08:40 PM.
        http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Comment

• CLYMAX
          CLYMAX commented
          Editing a comment
          so it does reduce critical resist instead of fire resist? thanks for clearing that out for me

Thank you sirs for your guide.. ill read it again from the top to understnd further hehe

Comment

• CLYMAX
          CLYMAX commented
          Editing a comment
          you can decide their suggestions to mine, because im the only one opposing them about their suggestion for you to use the 3 split fireball point blank, for me its too dangerous for a glass cannon to get near an enemy without mobility, flame road has mobility even if you need to get near, while using the regular fireball takes time to charge, thats why its really not necessary for you to do it unless you know how to handle your character

the problem with the right click version of fire ball EX is that the 3 fire balls are too distant from each other in the angle they are fired upon, if you could see in the animation, it would just reduce your chances of dealing more damage if you did it far away from the enemy, even if its large if you didn't hit your target and the other fire ball missed, it would deal 96% damage less.

doing fire ball EX right click version close to the target could be dangerous so i don't recommend it, but its player preference anyway, so its not a bad idea to do this for a challenge and also dealing more damage.

im going to test this out and see if it really does deal damage... after the issue with DN crashing when the town is loading up =_=

Comment

• CLYMAX
          CLYMAX commented
          Editing a comment
          flame road and flame burst is a good combo, use flame burst early on before it pops, use flame road to get near, fly by a boss but not too close and you deal a good amount of damage, and using the regular fire ball takes a few seconds for it to charge, so its not really advisable to use the regular fireball and instead spam with the fire ball iEX

im too slow to understand as to what was the purpose of suggesting to the TP to use the right click version of the regular fireball, it will just put them in danger if lets say in some situations the boss would just swing around and then players get hit, while using the regular fireball it takes time for it to charge, thats why its unnecessary for me to do it on my own, let alone other players "who" are wanting suggestions.

thats my opinion, i dont agree to risk using the 3 split fire ball at all

• Zeref
          Zeref commented
          Editing a comment
          You completely missed the point lmao

No one told you to use regular fireball over instant. Fab was just saying that IF you had to use regular fireball, then use the right click version...

• CLYMAX
          CLYMAX commented
          Editing a comment
          ok... sorry didn't really get the point, too slow or too dumb to even understand what he meant

Hi guys, do you have any advice on Sally heraldy skill plate ? (+reason)

Comment

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Just pick the top 4 from your DPS meter skill details. Usually its Fireball DMG, Flame Road DMG, Burning Hand Chance Increase and 1 more I forgot..

• Fabulous
          Fabulous commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything that Xeno said. For the last one, you can choose Phoenix Strike Debuff Duration if you like to solo. Otherwise, choose Firewall DMG.

• GedClack
          GedClack commented
          Editing a comment
          Done~ for the last one I pick Firewall damage, I rarely solo anyway, thanks Xenocho and Fabulous, u guys always stay in the forum
      Working...
      X