Moonlord step up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonlord step up

Hi everyone can I ask for your advice about my moonlord I'm currently level 95 have no gears yet I'm just starting up. I don't know what to build on my ML I don't know much about this game. I'm focusing more on PVE to farm GOLD and GEARS and how to farm gold without good gears.

Please feel free to reply.. Share your knowledge ^_^ Thank you so much

Goodbless Mam/sir

My personal skill build for pure PVE (I can give you one that can serve well in PVP as well, but you said you're focusing more on PVE aspect)

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0-00-----0--0

First of all, you should remember that unlike the other 4 warrior specialization, Moonlord is a magic-based class. As such, stacking INT is essential to increasing your output. And since you just started playing the game, you should aim for the following equipment first:
    1. +10 Hero Neris Weapon (Sword, Gauntlet) with INT option - use level 95 or below Elemental Conversion jade (for Sword only) and Elemental Attack jade (for Gauntlet, must follow Elemental Conversion jade element).
    2. +10 Hero Neris Armor (Headgear, Upper, Lower, Gloves, Shoes) with INT option - use level 95 or below Intellect jade
    3. Chiron Necklace and Chiron Earring with INT option - use level 95 or below Intellect jade
    4. 2 Chiron Ring with Magic Attack and INT option - use level 95 or below Elemental Attack jade (must follow Elemental Conversion jade element)
    5. 8 enhancement heraldries (Magic, Intellect, Fatal, Wind, Life Vitality, Health, Iron Wall, Tent. Ultimate heraldry should only be used if you have enough FD value) - use level 93 or below heraldries
    6. 8 Talisman (Intellect and Magic for 200%, Fatal and Wind for 175%, the rest can be placed to your need)

You can add costume if you have the budget, otherwise leave it for now.

Recommended skill heraldry:
    - Moon Blade Dance (Damage)
    - Moonlight Splitter (Damage)

*Those two skills are mandatory since they have relatively high damage with short cooldown, but you are free to choose the 3rd and 4th option.

Complete as many Daily Quest as you can, and don't forget to clear lower-leveled nest for the gold it gives.

Comment

• NkTardo
      NkTardo commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently i have a total of 46.3% Dark element from Cash items and etc.
      For EQ i have +10 Neris set with +20 Weapon/Sub Neris, Chrion Accessory as u suggested.
      Matk range is 215-235k

Aiming to Upgrade Neris into Medea 2 and change out all jade for those Champion Jades and Champion Heraldry.

Is there anything i can do now to upgrade further? im aiming for 800k Matk range.... is that possible?

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      It is indeed very plausible for a Moonlord to surpass 800k matk range, since this class is among those who benefit from highest atk gain per stat (1 per INT), comparable to Artillery and Sting Breezer. Do note, however, that you must invest A LOT to reach this milestone.

Crit Damage or CTD is another good method to increase your output and since ML is an INT-based class, its value should increase naturally as you continue to upgrade your gear. As long as you can reach at least 75-80% critical chance, you ought to do well by using Cyclone Slash crit resist debuff to compensate for not achieving max critical chance (89%), which in turn allow you to benefit from CTD more frequently (for level 95 nest only. You can settle at 330k critical for RUDN and IDN)

For your Medea set, choose:

STR-INT if you want to increase your CTD
      INT-AGI if you want to increase your critical
      INT-VIT if you want to increase your HP

For your Heraldry, aim for:
      3rd crit set if your current value does n.ot warrant enough critical hit

3rd int set if you wish to balance out between increasing your matk and CTD.

3rd ctd set if you want to dramatically increase your CTD beyond 3rd int set.

3rd FD set if you have reached maximum critical and critical damage with 800k+ matk. Viable only for the few rich players in the server.

Anything else you wanna add sir? Thank you so much for your advice god bless sir

Comment

Join a guild. Don't expect to clear every nest alone, it's not for solo-gameplay.

Comment

I would recommend you follow NearLawlet's skill build but do not take Front shove, Triple slash, Dash Slash, and Dash Combo. Instead replace them with 1 point in Parrying. It is a much better iframe than Front Shove plus it can cancel most skills mid-animation. You won't be using those as much in PvE anyway since they have low damage and most of your main skills have pretty low cooldown.

For skill plates I recommend:
        Moon Blade Dance (Damage) - a must
        Eclipse (Damage)
        Cyclone Slash (Damage)
        Halfmoon Slash (Damage) - optional. Could be replaced with Moonlight Splitter (Damage)

Comment

NestyMcNestface

I never said Triple Slash and Front Shove are used for their damage. Even Gladiators barely use the former (in PVE) while the latter is only useful with its awakening passive.

* Taking Parry would cost you 10 SP, which is extremely wasteful for merely one additional i-frames especially since you already have Tumble, Awakened Eclipse, Flash Stance and Aerial Combo.
          * Taking Front Shove, on the other hand, would only cost you 6 SP with the added benefit of Triple Slash to help push things faster during a mechanic.

Parry's longer i-frame or shorter cool down matters little because I find it hard to believe you'll ever need 5 i-frames at once within a span of few seconds. You may even opt to reduce 3 SP from Mental Mastery in order to get Infinity Edge for RUDN's S3 pizza, but frankly it would be overkill to have so many i-frames.

I also would not advise you to put aside Moonlight Splitter damage heraldry as optional, since its damage per usage is even higher than Half Moon Slash (in fact, it is your third-highest DPS skill after Moon Blade Dance EX and Smash X). This is because of its awakening passive, which allow each tornado to hit twice, effectively doubling its damage.

As you can see from these photos, Awk. Moonlight Splitter is about 50% stronger than Half Moon Slash EX. While it is easier to land 6 hits to a large-sized target, it is still very plausible to deal more than 3 hits against a small, player-size target.

*The following test was conducted without any debuff and any critical hit. No skill heraldries or weapon costume were used. All of the skills were cast with 50 bubble and Breaking Point buff

vangeodee

EDIT: I add another screenshot to show how each skill fare in comparison after tallying the result of 20 usages per skill. Do note Awakened Moonlight Splitter can be stronger since I was only able to deal 4-6 hits, whereas I was able to deal full damage with HMS EX/Awakened Eclipse/Awakened Cyclone Slash all the time.
          Last edited by NearLawlet; 12-15-2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• NearLawlet
            NearLawlet commented
            Editing a comment
            @vangeodee

Sigh... So where do I start?

"Oh hey would you look at that, I have lv1 front shove, triple slash AND parry. Wowza!"
            1. I see, you can get Parry if you reduce some SP from other skills. Thank you for the obvious fact.

"Pretty sure level 1 Front Shove/Triple Slash can't do that much"
            1. Nowhere in my post did I mention about using Triple Slash/Front Shove for its damage. In fact, the first sentence in my post has made it clear that I never said Triple Slash and Front Shove are used for their damage.

"By the way, Front Shove can't push for shit"
            2. Nowhere in my post did I mention about using Front Shove to push things. I only referred to Triple Slash for this function.

"If you have an assassin in the group, Additional Damage SHOULD BE 3rd"
            3. Nowhere in my post did I mention about Raid being used in my test. I said Awakened Moonlight Splitter is YOUR (Moonlord) third highest DPS skill after Moon Blade Dance EX and Smash X. Though I admit that Additional Damage would definitely rank among the top in your skill details, it was my intention to never consider other classes skills since they are ONLY available IF the said class in your party.

"Maybe do like 20 or 30 per skill, tally them, compare averages and report back"
            4. I only showed the Skill Detail for 1 usage only because I thought it would be easier for you or TS to see the comparison. Apparently, it's still hard to comprehend, so I'll do you the service of indulging in your request.

Check my original post for the new test result and you should see that after 20 usages per skill, Awakened Moonlight Splitter still reigns above Half Moon Slash EX, Awakened Eclipse and Awakened Cyclone Slash.

Words of advice, please understand what I'm trying to convey before you berate me for words I never even uttered.

• vangeodee
            vangeodee commented
            Editing a comment
            Not being able to do full damage is a drawback of the skill, don't try to show it off as some sort of handicap giving it a slight disadvantage. lmao.

Again, a sane moonlord will always have eclipse higher than MLS seeing as how cyclone and PSlam-Eclipse will always be a higher priority in usage because they are debuffs. Son, MLS is a strong filler, don't over-glorify it. If you're not considering external factors into skill comparisons, I sure do hope you play solo, everytime, all the time. Because when other buffs/mechanics come into play,

In actual, practical usage, CCleave will do better than MLS (I know, I've done it). In raids where Cleave will do maximum potential damage on dragons only (whereas MLS can basically do full potential start to finish), it can still manage to do more than MLS, which then renders your "fact" moot. lmao.

https://i.imgur.com/fwIbOjo.png -> our assassin died around late s2, so around half the run, no Raid (Rune HC), also note MLS is below Cyclone
            https://i.imgur.com/EJVC1n3.png -> no assassin, MLS still not 3rd (as you so boldly claimed as a fact)
            https://i.imgur.com/fB25s1a.png -> assassin lived to the end, but disregarding addtl damage (since it's not a moonlord skill), MLS is still not 3rd
            https://i.imgur.com/FHprGay.png -> I hope you get the point by now.

Unless, of course we are only discussing worthless BTG results, then by all means MLS is stronger in BTG. lol. Have fun whacking your doll all day.

----

So, curiousity got the better of me, and I tried it for myself (BTG)

MLS - 645k per hit, average of 4-3 hits, max of 6 (tried in IDN Practice) average = 2.580m, max = 3.87 m
            CCleave - 208k per hit, average of 20 hits, minimum of 18, maximum of 24 (BTG), Practical Maximum (on IDN Dragon) = 40 hits: ave = 4.16m, min = 3.744m, BTGmax= 4.992m, Dragonmax = 8.32m

Proof:

MLS - https://i.imgur.com/gMSZVpn.jpg
            CCleave - https://i.imgur.com/ZPo6UTI.jpg

So now I wonder, is MLS really the "third highest" DPS skill after Smash and MBD? Hmmm I do wonder indeed.

Since you so kindly offered me some advice, let me do the same. Check your "facts" before you try touting them as such. lmao
            Last edited by vangeodee; 12-15-2017, 06:59 AM.

• NestyMcNestface
            NestyMcNestface commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes we all know those two skills are not for damage. But that was not the bulk of my point. Maybe I did not give enough emphasis that Parry can cancel most skills mid-animation and long iframe. It could get you out in sticky situations when casting long-ass skills (e.g. Crescent Cleave and Smash X) if your other iframes are on CD.

It's probably the greatest panic button ML has. A very useful skill for beginners, as I assume OP is. Though you might use it less and less as you master mechs and progress through the game, still a great utility skill.

Ultimately, it all boils down to OP's playstyle and preference.

this is the skill build I'm currently using for both PvP and PvE:
          https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0-00-----0--0
          4 Skill Plates:
          Moon Blade Dance Damage
          Crescent Cleave Damage
          Half Moon Slash Action Speed
          Side Kick Action Speed
          if you wonder why I learn skill until Infinity Edge, but only max Infinity Edge and all gladiators side skills are level 1, the reason is Infinity Edge gets its damage boost after a Line Drive, yet better on boss cuz it has Iframe in PVE.
          Moreover, gladiator skills are utility for Moonlord, which is a must in PvP. yet, parrying is risky without awakening because in case you have the wrong timing using it, you'll need time to cast other skills or evade.

Comment

• vangeodee
            vangeodee commented
            Editing a comment
            Parry is an i-frame all the way until he puts down his sword. How is it "risky"?

In fact, it's much more risky to try and i-frame with tumble or eclipse than just cast parry and wait for a hit.

instead of enhancing neris items to +20, buy rune equips then change it to medea.
          7thDragon

Comment

Working...
          X