X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format for Reporting Stolen Art

Cases that apply:

1.- I'm the author and my artwork is being posted without credit, I want my picture credited or removed.
    • A third party can only report on behalf of an author if they explicitly state in their own website that they don't allow reproduction or uncredited reposts.

2.- Artwork is traced and/or heavily references another piece with no mention of source, no discernible intention to pay tribute or parody.
    • Example 1: A large amount of an image was done with stock. This case does not need to be reported, that's why stock exists.
    • Example 2: A large amount of an image traces and/or heavily references from promotional art, manga page, screenshot, concept art, etc. of an IP. Regardless if considered obscure or mainstream, this doesn't need to be reported*.
    • Example 3: A large amount of an image traces and/or heavily references from an artwork done by an individual taken from their personal collection (regardless if original or fanart). This case apply. Action taken will be decided by author (removal of picture or adding credit). If author cannot be reached, picture will be credited.

3.- User is posting artwork not made by them but claiming otherwise.
    4.- User is faking another artist's identity.

Please send me a private message with the following:

Thread/Post link:
    Case #:
    Additional information:
    Proof: (send me as many links or screenshots you feel necessary. I would appreciate that the sources are actually official sites, not archives like Booru sites or the like).

Add one of these to the report:
    • I'm the author and in case #1, I want the picture to be [ ] Removed [ ] Credited
    • I'm not the author but regarding case #1 I have proof they want the picture to be [ ] Removed [ ] Credited
    • I'm the author and in case #2, I want the picture to be [ ] Removed [ ] Credited

In cases #3 and #4, the result will always be deletion.

*However here's a pro-tip: People appreciate honesty. And if the picture is for a commission, be honest from the beginning with your client or you risk being labeled a scammer.
    Last edited by Verbena; 10-18-2017, 01:23 AM.
Working...
X