General PVP guide (by Pancimania)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General PVP guide (by Pancimania)

Because of lack of time to play dn, i guess i'm gonna spend most of my time sharing my own experience here (I mean, writing, uhuk). before start, i hope this one make healthy discussion thread, and idea sharing thread. (Again, this thread will be wall of text,so prepare your snack and play some music is reccomended)

From my personal experience, from cap 40-93 (my last cap lvl ) i found out MANY people still struggling about PVP,both new and average player, but i found out that after awaken, there was over-reliance of long range skill. I guess it was because there was no information and general sharing idea about pvp, and how to close combat. Also Youtube based pvp video only cover specific class technique, not general, and it was aimed for enjoyment not teaching. That's why i hope in the future, old pvp player, at last leave their technique at forum so many people can learn, at last newbie player that play PVE have average skill of hardcore PVP player that lvl up their char on PVP room only.

-GENERAL PVP SKILL: RESPECT
    I bet many of you wondering, why respect, right? Respect was old skill, that aside making friendly pvp situation,no matter whom your opponent is, it will allow ourself to improve our technique, and make each player naturally analyse each class good and weakness and allow yourself to make self challenge situation. By respecting your opponent, you will never underestimate your foe or overestimate your foe, and it incerase your awarenes in combat, to the point you are aware of or enemy presence, even if your enemy behind you, and prevent PVP player making stupid mistake. Many player ignore this, and nowaday community is the result: full of insult, with low to average skill player roaming pvp room.

-GENERAL PVP SKILL : TUMBLE MASTERY
    Second, is tumble. this was your basic dodging skill, and basic mobility skill whatever you class is. Ignoring learning this skill is fatal : It allow your enemy to hit you easily. If you want to improve it, you need to try this method on pvp training room / PVE dungeon room : skill>skill>tumble>skill>skill>skill>tumble (repeated, and remember, dash and jump are considered skill here). remember to give interval each tumble, it was around 2,6 sec before you can cast tumble again. if you can rotate your skill alongside tumble without flaw (i mean situation you press same button because of failure casting skill) , congrats, you master basic tumble technique. Incerasing tumble mastery is by timing your tumble to avoid enemy skill at the last moment it will hit you, and it was unteachable, only can be learned by experience. Expert in tumble mastery can dodge almost all skill without breaking flow of his skill casting, and at the same time they can break enemy tumble rotation.

-GENERAL PVP SKILL : PASSIVE SKILL MASTERY
    If you note some yellow skill in your skill table, that was your passive skill. different class specialization having different passive (example warrior passive is different from lancea, and swordmaster is different from mercenary). Each passive have different employment, use, animation, and effect, and this dictate how your class behave in combat. This was considered hard to master, and hard to be explained, because using passive is like flowing river, it was part of your natural hand movement. To train this, use colloseum training room, and start revolving your skill around passive (Example : Button based skill > passive> tumble> dash> jump > passive> button based skill> jump, etc anything you like) by including your passive in your skill rotation, it incerase your versatility in PVP combat, because passive is basic skill of close combat, so using that will conserve other precicious skill. If you look at Youtube PVP video, 1v1 battle, they start combat always with passive skill included in their rotation, and sometime (depend of class) they include passive to prolong combo.

-GENERAL PVP SKILL: RECATCHING & ABSORBING DAMAGE
    Different class have different recatch, usually recatching means : cancelling enemy effort to breaking combo or skill damage that was dealt to them. Your opponent doesnt need to waste their escape skill. as long as your hit is linked with them, and they cannot hit back, it was considered recatching. Honestly, i was not mastering this skill, so i cannot explain it properly (my bad). Experienced player with this technicque can perform prolonged combat with multiple foe, because their movement and skill cast was hard to be stopped, whatever class they are, because they are extremely flexible with skill usage and range management. It's like they can predict opponent next move almost all time .

Absorbing damage was completely different from above, it exploit the fact that was not all skill deal ernomous damage. they will absorb other low dmg skill, and waiting for escape moment, and prevent at all cost getting hit with High damage skill. Usually enemy will use weak low lvl skill to prolong combo, where they can counter without great risk, high dmg skill they can evade easily (by slow anmation, area, and hit timing),and at the same time conserving certain skill that when they counterattack and use it, enemy cannot escape without suffer great dmg. I was moonlord as main, since cap 40 - 93. i use this technique alot, and even i was receiving damage, i prevent situation when i was getting killed. i sometime escape or win the match with low hp/ very low hp. Using abovementioned technique require knowledge of your opponent skill. you don't need to use enemy class, but learn their weakness. EVERY SKILL HAVE WEAKNESS, neither in damage, animation, range, timing,hit rate, etc.

-GENERAL PVP SKILL : MANAGING SKILL
    like i said above, each skill have weakness. but combining some skill remove it's weakness. example: warrior impact punch will lift opponent, and fast, but will not break super armor, heavy slash is slow, but have high super armor break, combining this skill will cover other skill weakness (well, i only use moonlord since the past, so i didnt know about other class skill, my bad). If you know which skill you might cast simultaneously, you will put them close together not far. example if you put abovementioned skill on number "1" and number "0", imagine how hard to link that skill.

This was very personal i know, but here was my advice: put skill that you always use (like close combat skill, combo skill) close to WASD button, and easy to access with your finger, and put buff, Slow animation skill, far from your finger. put Skill that was considered utility between them, and group certain skill ("~" default button will switch skill group) to certain purpose like : DPS SKILL GROUP, CLOSE COMBAT GROUP, LONG RANGE GROUP,etc or anything you like

-GENERAL PVP SKILL : ACTIVE SKILL MASTERY
    All player that play dragon nest know this skill, so what does this mastery means? Certain skill have different animation and range, super armor and super armor break value,and dmg value. each class is unique. In PVE you can spam ALL SKILL WITH HIGH DMG, well it was easy. in PVP you need to outsmart your opponent. using right skill at right time is critical. to avoid casting wrong skill, i make some skill category that if you included your skill on this category, it will help you analyse right usage of your certain skill. (didnt nclude buff onl skill)

*HIGH SAB,LOW SA : your ultimate cancelling skill, use that on counterattack situation are the best

*HIGH SA, LOW SAB: Wihout a doubt, this skill will prevent you getting lifted easily. use them in situation you might get hit will conserve other weak skill

*FAST CAST and SLOW CAST: If it was Fast to be casted, It was your 1st strike skill. If it was slow, it usually pack a punch. it require planning to be used properly.

* COOLDOWN: if your skill have low cooldown (anything below 16 sec are low cooldown), you will rely alot on them in most of time, skill cooldown that was between 16- 29 sec are general dps or counterattack skill,use to cancel enemy skill.. If you have Long cooldown (above 40 sec cooldown) it was exclusive skill, that was only casted on very specific situation and it's effect are very specific (dps,locking,heavy cancelling skill). between 30 and 40 sec cooldown is filler skill,and usually pack a punch and very verstile that was combined with lower cooldown skill.

*HIT RATE: Multi hit rate usually used for locking enemy, or spamming purpose. any skill that was have hit rate above 3 are multi hit rate. less than usually quite tanky and hard to be canceled, or give your enemy severe punishment if linked . if it was 3 hit, it was usually all rounder skill, used for combo and cancel with average result for both of extreme case.

If you read this line, that means your eye are quite tired and this was all i can write about this topic. hope this one help, and have a good day, cya next time ^^

(any suggestion, are welcomed below, both like or dislike ^^)

EXTRA: if you interested to learn tumble without spending time at colloseum training room, find certain npc (sorry, forgot the name) that sell potion that reduce your HP and defense in Dungeon (I dont know if this potion exist at cap 95 or not, but i hope it exist). it will maintain your attack power, but depend of the severity (yes, severity, cuz i died alot thx to this potion) enemy mob can kill you more easily. if you interested in combo thing, use other potion that reduce atk power. (WARNING! DO NOT USE BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME UNLESS YOURE HAVE DEATH WISH!)
    Last edited by pancimania; 11-17-2017, 11:36 PM.

(Reserved)

Comment

Thats a long story dude. But you guys really don't need to take PVP seriously.. The PVP gameplay in this game is really good.. But the system sucks..
      When you're about to die, when your hp goes 5% you can rage quit without a penalty.. I played already alot of PVP specially KOF 1v1.. Make me really pissed
      when I play so fair.. Then you're enemy will quit when they reach 5%hp remaining.. Then trashtalk.. It sucks really.. + the ladder in this game is broken since
      I started playing this game. So I really don't know what does the ladder on this game about.. The administrator of this game all just cared about outfit updates, Current events, dungeon updates etc.. SO DON'T TAKE PVP SERIOUSLY.. JUST QUIT WHEN YOU REACH 5%HP IN FIGHT.. Because whetever you do.. The PVP system of this game will be SUCK AS HELL FOREVER.

Comment

Working...
      X