Zero to hero guide for improving in PvP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero to hero guide for improving in PvP

Well, I've been working on this for way too long already, so here it is!

The Zero to Hero PvP guide for all skill levels

What is this?

Glad you asked! This is a culmination of everything I learned in my time PvPing, as well as a list of tips and techniques to help people improve AND a list of goals for them to improve/aim for. It's a comprehensive guide to help people understand where to go next while learning Dragon Nest PvP.

Why should I bother reading it?

Everyone has something to learn, I can't promise that what you're after is in this document but I can hope that it is. And if you feel like you've already mastered your class then feel free to read through this document anyway and if you believe you have more to add which is essential to people who're interested in learning then let me know and we can work on improving it!
    Before anything else though, this is still a work in progress. The Class Specific Tips section will take a while to fill out completely so please be patient for that to be completed over time, it'll happen one day soon™.

Apart from that, everything should be good to go and ready for you all to read and improve! Hope this helps everyone as it has been a huge undertaking to work on getting out here in a reasonable time, and to put everything I had used while learning onto paper.

Enjoy and thanks!

(Also should preface this by mentioning that it IS more geared towards 1v1 PvP but a lot of aspects could be taken for group PvP. So be aware of that before continuing)
    Basic Guide for improving and learning DN PvP This is going to encompass the basics for improving and learning the mechanics and class specific tips for Dragon Nest’s Player Vs Player combat system! Contents Special Thanks - [I] Introduction - [II] Basic Combat Mechanics - [III] Skill ma...
    Last edited by Kuru; 02-19-2018, 10:31 PM. Reason: Added 1v1 disclaimer
    What to write here.

Oh, and if anyone feels like they're able to offer class specific tips for any class then feel free to raise your hand if you want to be involved! The more the merrier~
    What to write here.

Comment

• KureyonNeko
      KureyonNeko commented
      Editing a comment
      Aomatsuri here.. thinking of making a LF pvp guide but still busy.. but I'd like to help with this guide on LF tips

• Kuru
      Kuru commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent! If you happen to have discord then you can add me on that and we can talk it out further there, in more detail!

Kurabawara#9384

If not then let me know and we can find an alternate method~

Thanks

Overall, a very well-thought guide with a number of useful information. Though not without some small flaws here and there...
    • The emphasis on Warrior class, particularly Gladiator, seems a bit too much in comparison to others. Is he perhaps your main character?
    • The General Tips section is too densely written. Reducing the amount of sentences or breaking it down to a couple paragraphs can ease the burden on your readers' eyes.

And this isn't exactly 'class-specific' tip, but those with CTC skills (e.g all Assassins, Adept and her Magma Jump, Elestra and her Awakened Icy Shard, Smasher and her Awakened Nine Tail Laser etc) have a special trick that can be used in Captain or Rounds game mode. That is, their cooldown continue to decrease at where it was just before the next round start.

For example:
    • Mortal Blow has a cooldown of 24 seconds in PVP.
    • Round 1 ends with MB's cooldown at 10 seconds.
    • There is 8 seconds interval between the end of a round, and the start of the next one.
    • Round 2 starts with MB's cooldown at 2 seconds.
    • Instead of resetting back to 24 seconds, MB's cooldown continues at where it was (2 seconds).
    • 2 seconds later, Mortal Blow is ready to use at the very beginning of round 2.

This trick is especially powerful for Abyss Walker, since his Line of Darkness hits like a truck.

Comment

• Kuru
      Kuru commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay so, to just answer a few things~

- My main is barbarian and the "class specific tips" section is still a work in progress, hence why the only ones done are warriors so far (because i play warriors so it was easier for myself). But gladiator is the most in-depth because it has the most potential out of all of the warriors, tied in with the most flexible mechanics.
      - Noted, i'll go over it later and see what i can condense further!

As for the tip, I'll be doing a re-read and adding tips again in a few days, gonna take a small break for now haha.

Wow~ This looks interesting.

I can give some tips for clerics. (Most are probably useless in Awakening though...)

So much pain when I see Saints mentioned having low class potential and yet I can't refute it.

Here's a more updated link to Skill SA/SAB values (Up till Oracle Elder)

DNPvPSI contains SAB and SA values for nearly every skill in Dragon Nest PvP.

Comment

Originally posted by TaintLight View Post
      Wow~ This looks interesting.

I can give some tips for clerics. (Most are probably useless in Awakening though...)

So much pain when I see Saints mentioned having low class potential and yet I can't refute it.

Here's a more updated link to Skill SA/SAB values (Up till Oracle Elder)

Thanks! I'd be MORE than happy to bring you on for clerics~

As mentioned above, feel free to add me on discord and we can discuss everything in more detail and what-not!

Kurabawara#9384

If you don't have discord then let me know and we can find another way to talk it out, thanks again bro~

(p.s. I know about Roy's website but i had already done those sections before it was up... so it's mostly me being too lazy to update them :>)
      What to write here.

Comment

Ummm, may I still be able to contribute something here?

I really want to give tips to archers, especially bowmasters and tempests (although i think those tips are quite useless in awakening)

I particularly want to counter bowmasters' "We need TA to survive" mentality (if it still exists HAHAHA) and I want to give them better ideas on how to effectively counter classes (I might not be able to help if it's BM vs. Gladiator because I also have a hard time dealing with them, especially if they're good T^T) without resorting to TA, and how to use TA effectively in dire situations.

I also would love to give tips for tempests who are struggling to use evade (or all their iframes, really XD) effectively in order to make a counter-attack (or to just dodge HAHA)
        Last edited by XyuMIsanX; 03-30-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• AlisaErf
          AlisaErf commented
          Editing a comment
          hi Yes I need some tips for my artillery in pvp. im quite frustrating about my build and so on... can you give me some advice? Thank you in advance ^_^

• XyuMIsanX
          XyuMIsanX commented
          Editing a comment
          @Kuru
          Sorry, too, because I've been quite busy, but I'm kind of having trouble adding you on Discord ^^
          Although I made sure that I spelled your name on Discord, I couldn't actually add you
          Is there any other way for us to communicate?

• XyuMIsanX
          XyuMIsanX commented
          Editing a comment
          @AlisaErf

Hmm, could you tell me about your build? I may be able to help you decide on which skills to go for and which skills to omit
          However, the build I'll tell you might be obsolete because of the current patch this July.

For captain players over there, do not mind your KDA, it isn't that important and please be tilt-proof enough to win against the enemy captain. The main objective here is simple, kill the capt, go rush and rush until their/your captain dies. That way, your presence in the room is overwhelming and the enemy capt will be (a bit afraid) to fight against you (perhaps).
        #YOLO LOL

(Was that me?! OAO)
        -EmiliaOAO, DragonAcademy
        -Discord: Emilia#5646

Comment

Update.

I'm back in the game bois, been mostly dead in it and just afking at most but due to the lag i've been experiencing subsiding (for the most part) i'll be back in PvP (with accumulated rust mind you) and i'll be back updating this.
          What to write here.

Comment

Working...
          X