Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are those 5 least cancerous classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuru
    commented on 's reply
    Okay good lord.... Let me touch on a few things since you clearly missed everything that I said.

13 Seconds of combos - Poison -> Time stop = UP TO 13 seconds.... Learn to read please. Lacking the ability to read will make this very difficult.

AoE comment on SS EX - I mention the AoE because it's a basic part of zoning the enemy, you can easily zone out of CM EX while you almost cannot zone out of Spectrum shower due to the first hit being a stagger and it having a 360 AoE.... Zoning is nigh impossible.

CD comment - "If you can't land SS EX" then you're doing something wrong, the skill has a 360 hitbox and continues to cast even if broken, it's so easy to hit that the fact you even find fault with the skill amazes me.

SA of SS EX - I said it's irrelevant because whether the skill has 1200 SA or 0 SA it's physically impossible to cancel, regardless of what you hit it with it is IMPOSSIBLE to cancel SS EX.... How do you even miss the skill, that still baffles me.

AS of SS vs CM - Yes, SS EX will cast before CM EX.... once again this falls back onto the fact that you cannot be cancelled but alrighty, if you think having an impossible to cancel skill is weak then by all means.

Cleric's Heal - Okay, sure you can have block... But in turn to that you have to sacrifice all of your iFrames (since cleric's only iFrame is Tumble and Smite), You have to sacrifice your power tumble since they don't have a power tumble and you have to sacrifice your ground counter because they don't have that (priests do but... ha), and you gotta sacrifice your ranged skills aswell.... Stop taking a class for face value and actually learn about the effing class, bloody hell.

Saint Heal - lol so you got nothing for this one?? Nothing? Damn at least try to have a counter for each of the points it's not that hard

Black Mara - The heal is negligible is my point, and once again you're comparing smasher, probably the most "balanced" of the sorceress class, to Black Mara, which is commonly accepted as top tier af.

Shinobi - You didn't touch any of my other things i brought up about the lower HP and defense values, and their lack of range comparative to sorceress... So nice of you to just Skim over that huh...

Have you mastered your class - I ask you if you've mastered your class because you're spreading misinformation around blindly without thinking about the ramifications of what you're saying. You're claiming that smasher is "so weak" without understanding how to properly use it, which is why i asked if you can honestly say if you've mastered smasher. And I don't hate sorceress as a class, I hate the mindset of "We're balanced" when sorceress clearly isn't, supporting a nerf to the class isn't "hating" them, but rather i'm trying to help advocate a fair pvp environment. Do you know why the "pro" pvp smashers quit? Because the game has become a joke, they're slowly removing the learning curve and making everything spoonfed. It's the Legacy Vs Learners argument all over again, do they keep the game hard and rewarding for players who have put in the time? or do they lower the learning curve to make it more accessible for newer players. DN has done the second and that's why we see people like you claiming they know everything about their class while even their basic damage values are wrong. Ripper was never "left behind" as it's ALWAYS had the utility to stomp on almost everyone, same with any good sally. Also, Ruina isn't weak at all yet they're rare in 1v1s... why's that?

Final Notes - You've just proven you don't understand your class at all, you're arguing for a buff that isn't needed and then you're just saying everyone else hates on sorcs for no reason. But let me make this very clear

NO ONE HERE IS HATING ON SORCS

We're trying to correct the incorrect information you're spreading like the plague. So please, correct your information and remove the bias from your posts. This is the reason why people can't discuss class balancing, because when people don't know their class (like you) they complain and whine without understanding what they're complaining about.

• Couplord
    commented on 's reply
    You have said so much wrong information proving that you have not spent the time needed to actually learn about your class.
    Due to that I will give up, add me on discord if you wish to talk but really.... I am almost at a loss for words at some of the things you claim.

Yellow Aura = High SAB to you?
    Spectrum shower = 5k damage to you?
    Beyond Time has SAB to you?
    10% rate per hit is quite high ... and it is real.... go test it...
    Spectrum Shower is slower than Chilling Mist to you...
    You also claim you can jump it... and that it is "easy" to avoid...
    You say 360 degrees isn't good for 1v1.............
    Just because a class is weak doesn't mean that is why it is rare in 1v1, It could just be a boring class to most people, and the bandwagoners have left.

Also, as for 13 seconds of free combo, if you poison ground lock -> Time stop that will be the 13 seconds that Kuru said.
    I will stop here.. I glanced over everything else you said, and no offense but I disagree with all of it since It is quite wrong

You are using a combo dummy to say your skill does 5000 damage............................................ ..................................
    if you don't even know about the combo dummies increased defenses, then that explains how you don't understand Smasher... Which by the way I do have, and the 15k damage was from actual testing against a player by myself today, to see if the skill had been bugged since you claimed it did 5k. Stop defending your class ... go learn it's strengths and weaknesses and learn how to play.
    Last edited by Couplord; 11-23-2017, 08:59 PM.

• Boginja
    commented on 's reply
    On a side note, no sorc can really be considered "weak" due to the class' base utility. Having the ability to ground lock enemies with poison missile is an insane advantage, especially against classes with only 1 evade or no power tumble (i.e. Academic, Cleric, Warrior). And as if poison locking people wasn't enough, you can poison -> Time stop which is up to 13 seconds of free combo time on almost every class.
    //13 seconds of free combo????? Did you know that the updated description is 8 seconds and less due to A-D-A-D escape function????

- Spectrum Shower has a 360 degree hitbox
    - Chilling mist has (at most) a 140 degree hitbox
    - Chilling Mist is also camera locked for the first phase of the skill
    //I’m more concern on the 1v1. You don’t even need 360 deg if you play 1v1. Easily escapable or just jump. Also animation is slow as designed only for additional combo. Not so usable if your goal is for attack. As ive said SS EX can only be used as an additional for combo or trap.
    More likely aim of the attacks are linear or straight to the enemy. Point to Point. Unless your enemy knows how to multiply like Naruto. Note that Chilling Mist EX 140 deg spreads out covering wide AOE and even further that Spectrum Shower EX. Has a stagger effect too. Comparing the radius distance of the SS EX vs how far CM EX can reach. CM EX wins plus that extra attack left click.
    Wow so many features for that CM EX skill.
    Stagger. High DMG. Long Range. Extra left click.
    JUST WOW.

- Spectrum Shower has a CD of 35 seconds
    - Chilling Mist has a CD of 42 seconds
    //Going back. You can’t just land SS EX to your enemy. CM EX is worth the wait. Why???? Icy shards EX alone can knock you down. No Stagger, no flinch. Icy Shards has a direct knockdown effect.

- Spectrum Shower has irrelevant SA because the skill will continue to cast even after the SA is broken, meaning the only way to avoid this skill is to dodge it.
    - Chilling mist has minimal SA and can be broken quite easily
    //That’s the goodness of this discussion. Finally you see the irrelevant part. Why not transfer that SA to other skills like Ninetail or Time Dodge????

- Chilling mist has a longer cast time before you can actually deal damage with it
    - As mentioned above, it doesn't matter with spectrum since the skill will cast whether you're there or not.
    //Do you think SS EX has fast casting time compared to CM EX???? HAHAHAHAHAHA

All of these aspects tip the scale in spectrum's favor but, that's not all. You mention heals so, let's take a look at other classes' healing skills shall we?
    //Yeah I mentioned heal but im not focusing on that. Im not wishing Smasher to be that SUPER OP but I’d like to see devs make her skills utilized more.

Cleric
    Aura of Healing - 0.8% of Max HP - 66 Second CD
    //I don’t care about that skill but you didn’t mention the Block skill. Pretty useful tho~

Saint
    Great Heal - 15% - 60 Second CD
    //Uhmmm why would I fight a Saint???? I still have mercy and obviously the fight wouldn’t be fair. Lets focus more on the Class that really fights.

Black Mara
    Wraith Form - 5% of max HP - 90 Second CD
    //Another example of worth the wait. She not only Heal but becomes invincible during the Wraith Form. WOW that’s some kind of double purpose description…….She will just surprise you with either Haze or Meaningless.

Dedicate Shadow
    - You can sacrifice around 30k of your total HP pool, sacrifice your defense value and maybe throw away some of your range. THEN you can have dedicate shadow. Oh, i forgot to mention that Dedicate Shadow eats 30k MP per cast so, have fun using dash while using this skill.
    //You actually don’t need to consume 100% of your MP in 1v1. HAHAHAHAHA Unless you love to run a lot. HAHAHAHA. 30k is 30k they are not healer. Make it 10K heal!!!!!! :P

Can you honestly say you have mastered smasher?
    //The question is. Are you a player of Smasher??? Have you ever been on our shoes??? I’ve seen your threads and looks like you hated Sorce Class. The honest fact is. You’ll rarely see Smashers doing 1v1. Its becoming extinct on 1v1 scene. Why??????? Play it HAHAHAHA!!!!! I wonder why people loves to disagree with me when in very fact they don’t know what their talking about. Questioning if I mastered this class???? Why don’t you asked those PRO PVP Smashers why they quit the game???? Simply because it aint good anymore. Devs need to rethink how the gameplay works for Smasher. Again, not saying make her OP but focus on how she functions like the way they did when the time no one was playing Sally, Ripper, and other class because players complaint that they get left behind. And what happens was a miracle. They utilized the skills to be effective.

• Kuru
    commented on 's reply
    ^ This +1

On a side note, no sorc can really be considered "weak" due to the class' base utility. Having the ability to ground lock enemies with poison missile is an insane advantage, especially against classes with only 1 evade or no power tumble (i.e. Academic, Cleric, Warrior). And as if poison locking people wasn't enough, you can poison -> Time stop which is up to 13 seconds of free combo time on almost every class.

While you compare them to Elestra but elestra is hardly the most "balanced" class, you're also not taking into account many other factors of the skills you mentioned... For example:

- Spectrum Shower has a 360 degree hitbox
    - Chilling mist has (at most) a 140 degree hitbox
    - Chilling Mist is also camera locked for the first phase of the skill

- Spectrum Shower has a CD of 35 seconds
    - Chilling Mist has a CD of 42 seconds

- Spectrum Shower has irrelevant SA because the skill will continue to cast even after the SA is broken, meaning the only way to avoid this skill is to dodge it.
    - Chilling mist has minimal SA and can be broken quite easily

- Chilling mist has a longer cast time before you can actually deal damage with it
    - As mentioned above, it doesn't matter with spectrum since the skill will cast whether you're there or not.

All of these aspects tip the scale in spectrum's favor but, that's not all. You mention heals so, let's take a look at other classes' healing skills shall we?

Cleric

Aura of Healing - 0.8% of Max HP - 66 Second CD

Priest

Healing Relic - 0.2% every 2 seconds for 30 seconds (so, if you can't do maths, that's 0.1% per second) - 60 second CD

Saint

Great Heal - 15% - 60 Second CD

Warrior

Gladiator

Front Shove Awaken - 1% of Max HP - 12 Second CD

Barbarian

Havoc Howl Awaken - 10% of max HP - 125 second CD

Black Mara

Wraith Form - 5% of max HP - 90 Second CD

Shinobi

Dedicate Shadow - 30% of Max HP - 45 second CD

So, of the above listed heals (there are others but they're all negligible except.... machina........), all are near useless besides:

- Dedicate Shadow
    - Great Heal

So, you can have a heal which is useful like these 2 classes, at the trade off of a few things that you have and they don't!

Dedicate Shadow

- You can sacrifice around 30k of your total HP pool, sacrifice your defense value and maybe throw away some of your range. THEN you can have dedicate shadow. Oh, i forgot to mention that Dedicate Shadow eats 30k MP per cast so, have fun using dash while using this skill.

Great Heal

- Where to start... So you need to throw away poison, throw away your power tumble, throw away some SA break, throw away your own SA, throw away some close range skills and then you're good to take great heal!

Smasher has never needed a heal and the fact that you're using that as a strike against the class now proves that you don't truly understand your class at all.

Can you honestly say you have mastered smasher?

• Boginja
    commented on 's reply
    It's obvious you dont play a Smasher.

Spectrum Shower EX + (Arcane + Force Mirror EX) = 7k

Spectrum Shower EX alone deals 5k

If you dont believe me. Go check out for yourself.
    https://youtu.be/tdvPbnU9ZKo

That 15k your talking about was when there was Instants available but 15k was still low compared to 30k of Chilling Mist EX. Wow. Those skills are in both category as level 32 skills but really wow.

HIGH SAB on certain skills??? Like what? Beyond Time? hahaha That's the only skill that I saw with Yellow Aura and the Instant EX but it was removed now. So yeah only BT has SAB

Time Dodge? Thats very dodgeable.....

Spectrum Shower cant be broken? Do you know why?? That's their only means of defense. As trap only.

RNG shield granting her HIGH DEFENSES?????? Goodness do you know what your talking about???? I dont even know if that 40% reduction is real. I cant even feel it when Im being knockdown and combo to death. And activation rate is 10% LOL!!!!!!!

The video you showed me. The warrior is not even trying to fight LOL.

However making her skills utilized would be really good.

Like changing Energy Blast effect. Instead of pulling here away. Why not just cast the skill around her without moving away but throwing nearby enemy 2 steps away in knockdown position. That would be handy.

• Couplord
    commented on 's reply
    I disagree, Smasher is actually a really good class and she has quite a bit going for her.
    Damage isn't everything, the reason Ripper was so strong in 90 cap was not their damage, it was their overwhelming utility.
    Not to mention if played right, Smasher can end even a Barbarian ( 180k health ) In a single combo, her damage is quite high....
    She also has high defense when Force shield triggers... so..... She has high DEF and high ATK potential.
    Small note, your numbers for spectrum shower is inaccurate... It does about 15k

To sum everything up, Smasher has.

-Poison Ground lock which traps most classes on the ground without any means to escape even if they have air evade.
    -Three evades
    -RNG shield granting her high defenses
    -Time stop Gravity Crush and Time Dodge extremely potent catches after baiting a tumble....
    -High SAB on certain skills
    -Simple to grasp the concept and easy to get the hang of it.
    -Spectrum shower can't be super armor broken similar to praetor.

I would definitely put her as one of the mid tier stronger classes, nothing near the weakest... She is however the most balanced Sorceress.... if that means anything as you are comparing her to Elestra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpAx_KaEdrQ

Please refer to this video as an example.
    Last edited by Couplord; 11-23-2017, 07:46 AM.

• Boginja
    replied
    Prolly Smasher is the TOP 1 of Least Cancerous Class.

Imagine Spectrum Shower EX vs Chilling Mist EX.

5k vs 30k LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

This class is not even a Cleric to begin with to have low damage attacks. She is not a defense class.

Low damage is given only to a defense class like Guard. Why???? Because of the F-ing block and High SA. That's how it should be balanced. ATK vs DEF.

Smasher is an ATK Class. She doesnt even heal like Mara, Raven, and other class. LOL

Anyone can beat a Smasher HAHAHAHAHA.

Stupid Smasher.

Leave a comment:

• PadChief
    commented on 's reply
    we'll always be crap-sader \o/

• Spamurai
    commented on 's reply
    Kuru @Vhanzy,
    Vs. literally every half-good opponent, yes, it was really hard unless you played moonlords and mercs
    Skill bracket where smasher can do something vs. good players are far higher than the same skill level for glads
    And I pretty much sayed that I'm talking about 70cap post-nerf pre-boost smasher, where LC hitted for 1k/hit and 4k explosion
    The only really good skill for catching pre-90 was 9tailsEX. Others are simply too predictable/long casting

• Mercuial
    commented on 's reply
    Hi five fam o/

• Vhanzy
    commented on 's reply
    catching with smasher was hard?

• stylinx
    replied
    good thing i'm a crusader

Leave a comment:

• Kuru
    commented on 's reply
    Sorceress was hard?

• Couplord
    commented on 's reply
    Oh I thought It was with SB... never mind.

• Kuru
    commented on 's reply
    The only reason i didn't put gear master is.... Ducks

4x ducks leaving you to be stuck on a silence loop while they dish out obscene amounts of damage.
Working...
X