Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO Service Scam BanmaBamma with HolyFKK. AMAZING WAY TO SCAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chokeeju View Post
    On January 4, 2018, this HolyFKK character (cat, lvl 86) shouted RUDN HC service for sale.

I availed service, 30k for 6Wraths, so I paid. I did another 25k after he/she offered 55k for 12 wraths. So i lost 55k on that day. Stupid as I am, I learned something the scammers do. I hope you learn from my mistakes too.

So here's how they do it.

1. They make a character with a name that has a very close resemblance to a 'geared' character. Eg. BanmaBamma, the scammer (Take note there's another Character named BanmaBanma [geared lancea])

2. BanmaBamma (warrior scammer) chats me while HolyFKK stands beside BanmaBanma (geared lancea, currently AFK). So I inspect BanmaBanma and see the gears so I'm convinced. but only HolyFKK and I am in the party. The names are so close you won't easily see the difference.

3. So they both chat me telling me that the money will go to HolyFKK as the sub char. I transfer funds without checking more (stupid move). BanmaBamma (warrior scammer) asks if I want 12 Wraths, I said yes, so we trade again.

4. After that they both DC, so I can't PM them both. Then I see BanmaBanma (geared lancea) in same channel (5) near TH. I tried to chat with the character but suspiciously my PM's are not going through. Said he's AFK and says he's innocent. That makes me a little more suspicious. Maybe, just maybe, they're both accomplices.

Then this character named Nejibanah adds us in a party and tells us how they do it (see pics).

There you go pips. So that's how they do their scams. I really looked stupid this time losing my money so easily. But as they say, there's always a first time for everything. Newbie mode this time. (And yes, I don't know how to check the names/info without the character in front of me. Maybe someone would teach me how)

*** A few moments later someone named Chupatae and Meyhap [ from the Philippines, taken from their names ] are selling same service. Very good ones. Admin please check them. (Please see screenshots)

[Just a wild thought...] There is a group of 'geared' people, who got money and gears from scamming others by doing this technique. Where do you think their money goes to? GEARS! Maybe this group of people are the ones selling gold online also. So this is like a network of reallllyyy clever people who came up with this tactic. They intentionally create characters with names that they can closely resemble (like the examples above) so they can do this scam. If that's the case, then I hope Admin works with this. If the characters are banned, and their accounts are banned, then they lose all the gears and their money. And everyone will be happy, and DN will be a much safer place.

CHARACTERS involved (IGN):

BanmaBamma (scammer)
    BanmaBanma (geared)
    HolyFKK (shouter)
    Nejibanah (shouter)
    Chupatae (shouter)
    Meyhap (scammer)
    Mayhap (geared)

Suspicious GUILD:
    Vermillion

I hope Admin would check on these people because they do it easily and are not afraid to get banned. If ever they change name I hope they get traced. I'm gonna look for others and report anything I see. I encourage all other players to please check on these people and group. If you find anything suspicious, pls print screen and paste it on the comments below. Thanks!

Thank you in advance Admin and ms Tasha. More power to DNSea!

P.S. First sign of those involved/scammers will look for more proofs or try to negate this post. Don't worry I have more proofs. I hope Admin will take care of you.
    http://bfy.tw/Fswf

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      lmao.. this link

• Fai
      Fai commented
      Editing a comment
      Give like hahahah

• LordQuntus
      LordQuntus commented
      Editing a comment
      Right, that is the, only way.

Yeah. Catch me in SH. Ill be afk in town looking cool and totally suspicious there. And feel free to report us. We dont have anything to hide anyway...

Comment

*long text*

Note: I am not negating all of your statements. This kind of scamming is not that new, and I believe that it is indeed happening again. But in order for you to rightfully accuse certain people or group/s for this kind of crime, I think you need more concrete proof.

I'm alanine07, the current Guild Master of Vermillion, of which you are accusing having affiliations in scamming activities. It involves the process of buying services in hardcore raid nest. From your list, only Mayhap belongs in my guild. Unless you're gonna add more screenshots involving Mayhap directly, I find your proof insufficient because:
      1. The one you’re talking to in the chat clearly has a different IGN: Meyhap. Having different letters in the IGN always means that it’s a character from a different account. The thing you said about using their “Sub accounts with similar name” while letting the “Main account” on AFK is far-fetched in most cases. This game gives us the freedom to make any name, as long as it’s unique. It’s so much easier to just take a similar name of another geared character rather than making one similar to your own for scamming. There are TONS of geared people who are AFK anyway. The case is most likely impersonation. Be careful at inspecting IGN's, especially at lower case "L" and upper case "i" because they look exactly the same. In this case "a" and "e" is clearly different, which makes your proof strong enough for the character Meyhap only.
      2. The Saint Heaven area is a public space. Anyone can be wherever they want to be. In this guild we stay at the same channel near each other to AFK, like most guilds do. Not all people who come by and stay close to our “spot” are automatically affiliated to us, since again, it’s a public place after all. *propose to ED for a close door guild spot for all guilds so these pricks won't ever disturb our peace*
      So I ask of you to edit your post, especially your last picture implying that the guild is involved and is “suspicious”. It affects our reputation. Your accusations regarding this guild and its members as a whole are premature, as your proof involves only one member. Your proof for our member Mayhap is insufficient as well. I, and the rest of the officers in this guild condemns scamming. So with enough proof, we will never hesitate to kick, block and report members who are guilty with these kinds of activities.

If you find anyone else on my guild doing suspicious activities, you can let me know via pm/mail/discord. Just show more concrete proof, and I'll take action. Thank you for spreading awareness and I hope that more people will be more vigilant when it comes to scams like these.

PS: I bought a few services for rdn raid before and legitimate sellers use their main characters; not their “subs” to trade you for the gold. Also, they ask for trade only and only when you’re inside the raid party already, along with the other members. In addition to that, impersonation can be discovered by just copying the IGN of the speaker and using the gift function in the cash shop. Sending proof via 1:1 inquiry too will help the admin’s actions regarding this issue. Be more careful next time. Read launcelot's guide too it really helps.

alanine07
      Ala#8035

-I always reply whenever I'm available to do so. Feel free to post more screenshots and proof involving us if you have any.

Comment

Dear TS:

I do understand what you experienced deeply hurt your feeling in playing a game, although I do not agree with your statement in regarding to the suspicious guild-- vermillion. As a member of Vermillion, I know our guild is not as famous and powerful as those strong guild, yet, the reputation is still quite significant to every guild, we players from Vermillion do take the reputation of our guild as important. If there is no certain direct evidence (although the indirect evidence is missing in your post) that could develop a positive relationship between the scammer guild and our Vermillion, the statement of suspicious guild could not be given, yet, all the statement or theory comes from the guess of TS. I do not know does TS has a guild or not, if you have, maybe you will understand the feeling when someone saying your guild is scam guild.

From another view, we Vermillion guild is also one of the victim from the scammers, not owing to the post of TS but the action of scammers, though the statement of TS do hurt our feeling and dirty our name. Not only we Vermillion guild is one of the victim, those geared players whose IGN got copied and been used in scam is another big group people of victim. My in game name is LordQuntus, as i heard and known, someone is scammed by scammers with ign of LordQontus, and thereafter the victim came to me ask for service or pay back his 39kg (I think nobody did ever saw I sell service since I play DN LOL), it happened at around 11 pm 4th Jan. Such suffering is not only the bad experience of TS but group of geared players.

Regarding to your theory-- big operation of those op geared people, I just would like to say, that is just the nonsense of your imagination, yet it is reasonable for you to have such imagination (is quite a norm for those who got scammed, you need someone to blame to). It does not matter max geared players or less geared players, we are all playing DN, some pay for DN, some farm for DN, but the fun and happiness is true, the enjoyment of the game is true, it is consider fair between TS and those geared player, thus I do suggest TS to take back your ridiculous theory ---which do hurt the feeling of geared players. To be honest, if you were a max geared player, and your name got dirtied by the scammer and the one being scammed, and your guild got dirtied by the nonsense guessing from victim, I could surely tell you,that is not a feeling of gladness.

The one who is laughing behind is still the scammer (and the scamming is still going on). Owing to the innocence and blindness of TS, not so many people care about who is the scammer in this long post.

There are many scammers in game, players could only be protected by yourself but not the GM or ED).

You do have the right to speak, but please do speak after thinking, and do gathering sufficient evidence ( in this case of scamming, the only evidence to establish positive relationship between scammer and your so call "main" account, and Vermillion guild, IS, IP ADDRESS, instead of several meaningless screenshots), before you propose all sorts of guess or big theories.

All the speak above only in presentation of LordQuntus, not officially from my guild. Personally i suggest TS do change the statement regarding to suspicious guild.

Thanks in advance !

Comment

• LordQuntus
          LordQuntus commented
          Editing a comment
          My English is not so proper, please do not mind, I am not a native English speaker.

This BammaBamma guy wasnt just selling RUNE HC services, he/she also sell Uniq. Conver Costumes

Click image for larger version

Name:	123123.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	115666

Click image for larger version

Name:	zzz.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	115667

Comment

• Fai
          Fai commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you oi me that time, i was working outside....
      Working...
      X