Scammer Alert - lsyFolyx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammer Alert - lsyFolyx

I've been scammed by Black Mara charater IGN lsyFolyx (1st letter is small L, 7th letter is small L) on 23rd March 2018. Everyone please be alert.

how did you got scammed my friend?

and i am very sorry for what happened to you, please be careful next time

Comment

• John Drew
      John Drew commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your advice. Yeah, was not expecting this from a renowned guild.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      was the transaction regarding to gold and an item deal outside of TH? any deals done outside TH is risky, it is always safe to use TH as a medium for any legal transactions, anyone who would ask for gold first and says that they will gift it to you afterwards is an obvious scam! if it's a costume, it can be done safely by buying your desired costume, and they place it on TH for a reasonable gold price! Next time be sure to determine if the situation is suspicious! this could save you a lot of gold if you weren't generous to give them to scammers!

even on a trusted guild, you shouldn't expect that particular individual to be trustworthy, it is still best to judge the situation, rather than trusting one's title given to them, or if they are in a respectable guild! you can report this to the guild master, invite him to the forum, let him see this, so that the member could be kicked out of the guild and let other players be informed about what happened! regards to mr.shovel's kind advice

I dont see any evidence of someone being scammed on the photos provided or maybe my eyes are bad.

Comment

• John Drew
      John Drew commented
      Editing a comment
      It's RUDN HC service. He offered to pilot for me. I was like in a trance when this happened.

• SadisticEin
      SadisticEin commented
      Editing a comment
      For svcs like that you don't need to be piloted, you will pretty much just go around with the servicers as a ghost anyway :0

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless this person is selling "Live to Die, Die to Live" title which require no death in RUDN HC, which this service is quite rare.

Can you elaborate? So this person took the gold and ran away and couldn't be contacted?
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• John Drew
      John Drew commented
      Editing a comment
      He piloted my account for RUDN HC service. He also invited me via Discord to show that he is doing the service for me.

It's like when I was thinking "how dumb can you be to scammed" .. and some people took it as challenge.. bravo..

Comment

• John Drew
      John Drew commented
      Editing a comment
      That still does not make it excusable to ignore a cyber crime.

how would you even get scammed so easily?

regard to scamming, now i got blocked on one of launcelot 's hacking/scamming method thread because i was being "racist" it looks like a lot of people especially the forum admin didn't understand what i meant on my comment, not hating on them but just disappointing.

racism consist of hating on a race, whether it is asian, black people, americans, canadians, caucasians etc. it is not about that, it's just funny, got blocked for nothing

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanted to highlight that post actually, but it got removed anyway. There's no real need to call out any particular race even if it somewhat appears true. This could be also due to most players being from PH in general, leading to this apparent statistic. While the intention of the post may be to share knowledge, it may ultimately strengthen belief that players from PH ought to be cautioned as scammers.

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's get on topic here shall we? Thread starter was unable to differentiate between lsyFolyx and IsyFolyx. And I'm trying to make some simple illustrations on how to go deal with this. One may think it is easy to detect, others may not have been too careful. So let's all chalk it up to being unaware of such approach.
      Last edited by launcelot; 03-27-2018, 09:14 PM.

Dear Mr John Drew, first of all, I deeply regret that you have actually been scammed by my impersonator. My main IGN is LsyFoLyx(both big l, lvl95 black mara). My second char IGN is isyFoLyx(big i and small L, lvl 95 salena). The scammer/impersonator ign is actually isyfoiyx(both big i, lvl 1 warrior). You are able to actually check this up by gifting to the person via CASH SHOP, and realise that there is actually a lvl 1 warrior, named IsyFoIyx.

To further substantiate this, I have also sent a ticket to Eyedentity/cherry credits, of a recent scam that other people have faced and thought is me. Details of the ticket are shown below, and of course my email is censored.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------​​​​​​​-----------------------------------------------------------------------​​​​​​​--------------------------------------------------
    Email : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    AccountID : xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Topic : Abuse Report
    Type : Ar Scamming
    IGN : LsyFoLyx
    Abuser IGN : isyFoiyx
    Issue Description : Dear ED officer,
    My IGN is LsyFoLyx (lv 95 Blackmara), both small L. There is an impersonator of me , isyFoiyx(Lv1 warrior), both big i, trying to use my name to scam people of their items, and making them inconvenient(such as asking the seller to mail their plates/talisman before mailing them gold as payment). An example is shown in the screenshot of a conversion i attached.

The situation is that someone pm-ed me, mentioning that he is selling conversion box on THat 160kg, placed on the trading house already. He then pmed me, saying that its up on TH, you can buy it. I was unaware of what was going on, and immediately thought that there was an impersonator. As such, i tried to type IGNs, and identified the poser is isyFoiyx, both small i.

I am writing to prevent myself from getting banned from scamming. I am an innnocent party and a few people are angry about this scam already.
    I want to clear my name.
    Thank you and I hope that you can assist on this.

P.S. isyFoLyx, big i and small L is my sub character of the same account, a lvl 95 saleana. Innocent too.
    Attachment : https://images-sea.dragonnest.com/up...8480944111.png
    Dear Player,

Thank you for for contacting Cherry Credits. Provide us with the details below to assist with our investigation.

- IGN (DragoN Nest character name)
    - Item/Equipment/Gold (amount)/DNP (amount)/ scammed
    - Date/time of the incident
    - Scammer's IGN
    - Details of the scam
    - Screenshot(s)/video (if available)

--
    Yours sincerely,

Cherry Credits Gardener
    Customer Service Department, Cherry Credits Pte Ltd
    http://www.cherrycredits.com

Keep your account safe. Cherry Credits will never ask for your account password, security pin and secret Q&A.
    ​​​​​​​-----------------------------------------------------------------------​​​​​​​-----------------------------------------------------------------------​​​​​​​---------------------------------------------------
    Need further proof? I have also attached a picture in that ticket to show of the person being scammed, and how I quickly reacted to pm that impersonator. I have attached the photo in this post too.

MORAL OF THE STORY?

Please try to party up with the person you are dealing with to ensure that you are communicating with the right person.

I am a RuDN HC servicer, who usually parties up with my potential clients for easier communication. I also offer them my facebook and discord to allow them to trust me. I also only collect PAYMENT, JUST BEFORE THE RUDN HC RUN. I believe that I do not need to reveal my social media account to actually prove that I am legit(non scammer), which i believe my clients can support me on this.

P.S. I will NEVER ask anyone for their username/password. Sorry for your loss.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by atreidesxxx; 03-27-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• atreidesxxx
      atreidesxxx commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem. Once again, am disheartened for what happened, but i hope you are able to retrieve back your items/gold/account. I do not know the full situation but I hope this would assist you and help you for future investigations. To reiterate, isyfoiyx is the scammer's IGN. Please edit the forum in a form which does not make me the scammer ..

• John Drew
      John Drew commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no character with IGN IsyFoIyx by the way (both big I). It's okay, I will be forwarding this to Cherry Gardeners for further action.

• atreidesxxx
      atreidesxxx commented
      Editing a comment
      well there was before.. probably deleted or banned already.

John Drew It would be appreciated if you may edit your post to clarify that this IsyFolyx (the geared one you screenshot) is not a scammer, and that the things are done by impersonators. This would help those lazy people that doesn't bother to read all the replies in this thread to understand this scam method, as well as cleaning the name of IsyFolyx and WellcomPC.

I would like to comment that this scam method (impersonation) is already quite common in game. Since Launcelot's thread is gone, the method is about searching for an AFK geared player in town, and using an imposing character they will ask you to come near the geared player and converse with you FULLY WITH PM only. Players will naturally inspect the AFK geared player and start trusting him.

Last but not least, it is very sorry for your loss, but at the same time this will serve you as a valuable lesson both in DN and other MMORPG, if you wanted to quit this game.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      My article is still there.

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      During the time i wrote this, i couldnt find it somehow. Its sticky, so I am sure i wont miss it tho.

People like to use your IGN to scam other when u are GEAR UP, and most of the player are php , i got 1 gear up account IGN:yoricksIIV (IQUR) another one is semi gear IGN:yoricks, now at SVR u will see YorlcksIIV and y0ricks...lul ....the case happen like2 month ago , i report and GM probable ban them , and now as long as i see people using IGN almost the same as mine , i will report them before people get scam.

Comment

Working...
    X