Warning other Guilds ! Charles Harvey [HACKER/SCAMMER]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning other Guilds ! Charles Harvey [HACKER/SCAMMER]

Its sad that yet another hacker tries this impersonating trick and dupes one of my guild members (Guild AliceJAPAN) into surrendering his login particulars.
    Before we all go about bashing this duped member oh why you so stupid to get scammed and stuff like that ......well, while he wasn't that informed about how hackers currently in dn worked and he probably doesnt read the forums - you may say he deserved it or whatever, I still felt bad that his daughter told me that he trusts and respects me and Momo (My Vice Leader) a lot and thus was the main reason why he was blinded temporarily.

Upon further investigation, we discovered that he might have duped other guild's members as well - so I am posting this convo records from his daughter, and his FB profile link for all to be aware and be careful of.

While we already informed our poor member on how to retrieve his account through the correct channels, we really hoped that at least those who read this, can be wary and careful of this poser. Who knows, he might join up another Guild and use the same ruse again. I hope he will get busted one day.

To the hacker, even though there is a possibility that you may hacked his account, I just wanna tell you that, the person u hacked...we AliceJAPAN will strive to help him gear back stronger than ever. I pity u have to cheat and scam to get stronger. Really.

Uh may I ask, how did it escalated from 2nd to 3rd pic? Scammer guessed his e-mail after making him join the group using his DN email? :0

Comment

• NoinGundam
      NoinGundam commented
      Editing a comment
      I didnt really go too much into details, rather, was more focused on helping the member to retreive and further protect his account as the hacker apparently didnt know his 2nd pass

• SadisticEin
      SadisticEin commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. It would be good if it can be shared on the whole guild how to avoid events like this > <

• NASALord
      NASALord commented
      Editing a comment
      Teach them not to give DN email no matter what cost.

launcelot , I think its the same guy whos pm-ng us and introducing himself as our guild master. Maybe add this method to your thread. .
    Anyway to TS, that modus has been around Channel 5 for as long as I can remember.

Comment

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      It's called a social engineering hack. The moment the conversation is leading you outside DN, that's a huge suspicion already.

The second part of the conversation is a mention about your password. Realize that the hacker can never get into your account until you click anything related to it.

I'll try to elaborate this further for better understanding.

• myon
      myon commented
      Editing a comment
      How does he introduced himself as your guild master?
      The same I or L case?
      Or almost identical IGN?
      Is it in game? or is it on FB too?

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      myon , nah, he doesnt use any IGNs identical to our GM. He/she simply will suddenly just PM you ``Hey! (GM`s name) here`` then so on.

I had also conversed with this guy in facebook when my guildmates got pm-ed by someone claimed to be our GM as well (WellcomPC). Apparently he has mold in the guild to understand the members structure in the guild, and will start PM-ing the members, especially higher tier members such as SGM.

During the conversation, he said our guild has a new fb group, and that if we didnt join the group we will never get promoted (funny). Then in order to join the group, we must verify ourselves in a Google group. Then, he gave me a suspicious link (not google) and ask me to go into there to join the google group. Well since I am just collecting evidence and scamming method, I didnt proceed after there, and just block him for good and all.
    Last edited by BananaCredits; 04-01-2018, 06:07 PM.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      Opps sorry, should say "someone claimed to be him".

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a case of impersonation and attempt of scamming and its far from hacking btw. There are no suspicious software or cracking involved, its simply just a regular scam.

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      I aint IT expert, so I cant say if the link doesn't contain any virus that could harm your PC. My guildmates which study/works IT advised me not to even click the link.

Any ideas about the suspect's IGN? so I can add him to my blocklist as well as inform neighbor guilds and my Officers about this matter. Thanks!
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      wow thats one sound and sane idea to capture those scammers. First, we befriend the hackers- I mean scammers and have them trust us, collect evidences and then surprise attack them by submitting qll the evidences to the game moderators. . Nimmie and Banana will be so proud of u with that idea.

• NoinGundam
      NoinGundam commented
      Editing a comment
      He blanko out his IGN in the FB pics.

• McYongers
      McYongers commented
      Editing a comment
      ELpatron50 Holy shit that comment HAHAHAHA

if you click on the link, and you are online on your facebook page or either using the same email as your facebook, or any saved credentials on your browser is saved such as saved user/email add or password, he might get the information he needs to determine your account details on DN, the same goes for a convo, if he guessed your email, he still needs to guess out your password, but by bringing up clues as to what your password might be, lets say you used your own date of birth for your password, your name, your favorite food, color, favorite hentai or doujin, or a donut, he will try anything just to get his hands on the items on your account, or use your account for his own selfish reasons, i say let support know of this, wipe out all the items and gold on that account, so that he won't be able to use it or get the items, but well... it might have been days since that, or hours, he might have gotten a lot by now if its a well farmed account

Comment

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      well i use the number of hairs i have on my body as my password, sometimes i use the last 10 digits of pi too.

charles is by far... the worst impersonating name he ever could have made up... and how he chats in english, i am guessing.... just a guess! he's asian and that the profile picture is a fake!!!!!

Comment

It can be any players. They just inspect and know who is your guild master. Approaching member and pm that they have a guild FB group> Gave name and pm > Gave link and makes up a lot excuses that need your password to join the group and etc.

Just notify member that you dont have fb group.

No Pain No Gain

Comment

Working...
      X