Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hacker tried to use my brother's account to hack / scam more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker tried to use my brother's account to hack / scam more.

Good day, please trace the hacker of my brother's account with characters listed:

IGN: JII0
    Class: Sniper

IGN: xLODIx
    Class: Dark Avenger

These are the characters of my brothers account, apparently used for more scamming and hacking.
    I have confirmed that his account was hacked when I saw "JII0" in my friends list online, while my brother is playing another character. (He deleted me when I conversed with him).

I tried to recover his account using his Dragon Nest account in the main website by logging in and forgot password feature, but cannot proceed. (Incorrect Login, Invalid Email Address)
    Also tried checking his email for any notification that the account information was changed. Sadly, the password of his Dragon Nest and Gmail is the same.
    So the hacker easily changed the account information. I believe that the hacker is not that really intelligent as he deleted the original message from the Gmail inbox,
    but saw it in "Trash".

He was trapped by the same method used by the hacker and lost his account. We don't know "m3kay" but we believe, this is the same person
    as I saw this world chat in image 2, right after I warned the hacker in world chat 1 that we will report him to authorities. Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	135743

My brother now uses another account to play Dragon Nest.
    I know somehow, my brother deserved this for being easily dazzled by "Easy Cash" and trusting persons who use illegal methods.

Here is what we know. (From my brother's experience)
    1. He will contact you using Dummy Facebook account, in my brother's case, he used "Dara Mae Zhang".
    2. The hacker is a Filipino. Not SG nor Malay. (I feel bad for being a Filipino).
    3. He will say that he is going to quit, because his dad don't want him to play anymore. (Please see reference image, world chat 2)

4. He will then lure you to give your account information, so that he can send you CC.
    5. He will also give some dummy Dragon Nest account if you are not convinced, he will actually let you play it. But he will immediately change the 2nd password.

We don't really care about the account anymore. You can ban the account if you want.

It is good that those characters don't have items.
    But, the bad thing is, the said characters are being used to scam and hack other players.
    Please take action about this hacker.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ngcabang; 05-13-2018, 11:58 AM.

please edit your color text to "automatic" this post is a mess if we can't properly read it on a different layout of the forum, currently i am using DN Dark which has the forum style for dark themed headers and stuff, some people wont be able to read it as well if they are on the same forum style or theme as i am.

inquire on 1:1 support for this matter, you can do it by clicking the 1:1 button on their main website.

base on your report, it looks like your account has been hacked because your brother might have leaked out his account details to someone, or on facebook, or other sources, or he might be a victim of being keylogged on a rental computer shop, since this is one of the case for players renting computer at internet cafe shop and isnt aware of their surroundings, keylogging is possible if someone installed a program onto that computer, or someone plugged in a USB where it is scripted and shall record any typing words your brother might make while using that computer.

account hacking isn't possible if you were doing one of the above statements i have just said, also phishing sites is included on this, putting details onto a phishing site regarding your account details should get your account hacked and stolen, and worst, ransacked of its gears, important items, gold, frame you, etc etc.

report it at support, tell them all the IGN on that account tell them to delete it or retrieve it, its your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shovels View Post
      please edit your color text to "automatic" this post is a mess if we can't properly read it on a different layout of the forum, currently i am using DN Dark which has the forum style for dark themed headers and stuff, some people wont be able to read it as well if they are on the same forum style or theme as i am.

inquire on 1:1 support for this matter, you can do it by clicking the 1:1 button on their main website.

base on your report, it looks like your account has been hacked because your brother might have leaked out his account details to someone, or on facebook, or other sources, or he might be a victim of being keylogged on a rental computer shop, since this is one of the case for players renting computer at internet cafe shop and isnt aware of their surroundings, keylogging is possible if someone installed a program onto that computer, or someone plugged in a USB where it is scripted and shall record any typing words your brother might make while using that computer.

account hacking isn't possible if you were doing one of the above statements i have just said, also phishing sites is included on this, putting details onto a phishing site regarding your account details should get your account hacked and stolen, and worst, ransacked of its gears, important items, gold, frame you, etc etc.

report it at support, tell them all the IGN on that account tell them to delete it or retrieve it, its your decision.
      Didn't know that "Automatic" text color is not set automatically lol.
      Yes we have already sent a ticket. Thank you for your input.

Comment

How quaint... The Dara Mae Zhang scammer is still around. Been tracking this fellow since 2015.
        Last edited by launcelot; 05-13-2018, 12:40 PM.
        We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

• launcelot
          launcelot commented
          Editing a comment
          This scam/hacking is called a "Social Engineering" hack.
          This type of scamming is executed using 4 steps:

1 - Establish the victim's trust.
          "Hi, I'm a girl and I want to know about you"
          "Hi, I'm lonely, can you be my friend?"
          "Hi, I'm quitting DN"
          "Hi, This is your Guild Master using a different account"
          "Hi, This is <insert name that you are a friend of>"
          "SINO DITO MALAKAS SA PVP"

2 - Open a private conversation where no one can interrupt the scammer and victim
          "Let's talk in Facebook, here's my FB link"
          "Let's talk in Facebook, I'm <insert feminine name>"
          "Let's talk in discord, here's my discord name"
          <Continues conversation in PM even when you're next to each other>

3 - Scammer will tell victim of a good deal offer
          "Do you want Top up? I can give you for free since I'm quitting already"
          "Do you want EYET? I can give you for free since I'm quitting"
          "I can offer to pilot your account for a certain fee"
          "We invite you to an exclusive PVP match with Genesis Accessories as prizes at stake"

4 - Provides you a condition that will lead you open to hacking/scamming
          "Click this link to proceed"
          "Send me your username and password" "Believe me it's not a hack/scam"
          "Fill in the form on this link about your IGN, and supply the details including username and password"

Yea. that Dara Mae Zhang is still around.

Comment

Punished this man Accordingly to prevent our server stable in good community

Damn!~

Comment

Ugh not this dude again. I guess no matter how many bluebirds people use regarding this dude he can still get victims. People need to realize nothing's free in this world.

Comment

Working...
            X