DareLane Scammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DareLane Scammer

greetings,I want to aware everyone to this player who call himself as "DareLane". I was looking for a GDN service Solo boost for 20kg and this guy sent a pm on me. It happens soo fast. He asked for a trade and i place my 20kg then he took the gold without any hesitation.. I know,i made a mistake for accepting his trade and i'm not the only victim. Please,I'm waiting for the fast action for the kind of player who tries to ruin the game.

I wonder how many of you he has scam already.
    Someone in the world chat already said that he's a scammer but I guess you didn't see that.

The question is how come you get scammed by him? :

- Does he have a high-end gear that you totally gave away your gold to him immediately without viewing his gears ?
    If not then you totally f***ed it up, always inspect the servicer equipment MANDATORY.

- Does he have other party member who's geared (2 or more who will accompany you in the service) ?
    Don't EVER agree to a service with only 1 geared person. full GDN service needs at least 2 high-end geared person to complete a run.

- Does he have a reputation in servicing ?
    If you see a certain player who frequently shout GDN service and no one ever complains then you can absolutely sure that servicer is trusted and legit.

Don't rush things when it comes to raid services, be absolutely CAREFUL and be SURE when it comes to this kind of transactions.

Comment

your fault, it's not like many other warnings from scammed people help other people from avoiding being scammed, they are still always tempted to do transactions with most people illegally anyways .

Equipment, popularity, everything isn't a factor added to base your trust on a player, just because they've got good gear doesn't mean they won't scam, doesn't mean they are popular they won't be able to scam you, i even don't trust some svc runners such as 12ChopChop or many other guys out there that have proven their worth of their service being legit unless i have tried it myself, since anyone could say that "hey this guy is trusted!" "this guy just did what i asked him to do! this guy can be trusted!" because anyone does that, whether its a stranger, or one of their accomplice that helps them to do an act to make you "trust" them. I've long been a victim of that kind of deceit, many others try to make a scene and talks on regular chat instead of privately talking to that player, that's their way of showing you that someone you don't know is trying to deal with them even if its risky (that was way before when DNP was still available as an alternative trading currency on TH) even until now it still happens.

But in my opinion, i would rather trust people who have been in the game and the industry of svc runs for a long time now such as 12ChopChop, UndeadRM, and many other svc providers out there than actually dealing with characters that are nameless on the said industry, since it's 50/50 of being scammed, or successfully getting what you want.

Comment

• launcelot
        launcelot commented
        Editing a comment
        For others who can’t seem to get the right feel of the trending servicers, it will be hard to know who are the servicers or those with some ounce of honesty in these kinds of trade.

I would suggest that a proper mindset should always be there at all times.

From the explanation of the TS, the victim was under pressure because the scammer goaded and traded him when he has not yet verified the legitimacy of the service.

The victim may even be scared to be kicked out and unable to join back. So I can understand that fear of not knowing what to do.

If the servicer never gave you the time or chance to inquire... then the service is not for you. And if you keep on getting pressured to complete the trade ASAP, then that’s not a good service.
        Last edited by launcelot; 01-13-2019, 10:23 PM.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        There's actually a lot more legit service runners out there than this DareLane, it's not like it is the end of the world for him, he may not have any practical experience on any of the situations and is on a constant panic just like myself whenever i'm trying to sell something personally to other players since i'm not a guy who sells item that often i just dump it on TH as what other people would do most of the time.

In order to overcome this, they need to learn from their mistake or learn from other people's mistake, but the fact that everybody just visits the forums to report someone who already scammed them is what's making the forums an intangible solution on avoiding being scammed, it is preventing it from the start, but unfortunately most players on dn sea really just cares about playing the game and learning all the things by experience, but it is weird that they resort to go visit the forums, make a post about reporting a scammer, and then asks for help, it's like the forum is being made the guidance councilor's office for reporting bullies of the bullied.

If these people know how to do some research, they could have avoided being scammed in the first place, i don't think pity to these people would help them, instead telling them that it's their fault would make them learn and know things better in the future.

Unless you recorded a video, there is not enough evidence to take action. This type of scam is too common. I don't think there's any 100% solution which ED can provide. Instead, more is required from players to have awareness of trades.
      Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
      Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
      Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        i've seen several bluebird messages across my entire hours of gaming awhile ago about complaints from some players being scammed by this IGN, some was complaining why they got kicked out of party even they paid the money, some just outright said this ign was a scammer.

but yeah, without proof from those players, ED can't take any action without anyone reporting the IGN

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        For those wondering how to proof (or for future reference): To verify if the legit player is scammer, enter party with the legit char and right click the char icon on the top left and trade. If he ran after that, good enough evidence. Please video too.

I imagine this was bound to happen, cancer players who got their gear for 20kcc , scamming people.. The best way to deal with this is be cautious when buying something like services, check their gear thoroughly and when joining the service party, there should be 3-4 geared players not just one, also, get a screen shot of them shouting for service and a screenshot of you making the trade, ed might miraculously listen to the complaint of people here at forum.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        Not entirely necessary, some service runs only requires atleast 2 capable players with high-end tier gear, and since skila is now available, should be enough with just 1, and it usually turns out a service for stage 1 and 2 for GDN runs to obtain loot materials to buy or upgrade their accessories, but should it be a service run for getting the legend grade accessories, then atleast 2 or 3 is enough, but because of party member limitation, a minimum of 5 needs to enter the raid nest, so maybe the rest are just fillers and that they could just leave at their own will if it is a must, and since mechanics in the game requires complicated achievements of completing it, the less player there are the better and faster they complete it.

All of these scammers are just a bunch of nerds or greedy ass donkeys that takes advantage of the ignorance of players on the server, if players where to be a lot more smarter with their decisions, this wouldn't happen, eventually scamming will die out in the game, ED literally needs to think of a solution in order to avoid these sorts of problems and so that they don't have to face anymore complaints and reports from players that got scammed literally.

It would be a good idea for them to embrace the idea that Service runs is now a norm in the game created by players who wanted to earn more gold by providing players their utmost ability of doing a service run on the most hardcore nests so that those who are paying them would achieve better items to very well equip the needs and necessities of their characters, and thus the scamming methods of those scums would get less and less until one day we can just see through the days without anyone being scammed through normal ways ingame.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        Not entirely necessary, some service runs only requires atleast 2 capable players with high-end tier gear, and since skila is now available, should be enough with just 1, and it usually turns out a service for stage 1 and 2 for GDN runs to obtain loot materials to buy or upgrade their accessories, but should it be a service run for getting the legend grade accessories, then atleast 2 or 3 is enough, but because of party member limitation, a minimum of 5 needs to enter the raid nest, so maybe the rest are just fillers and that they could just leave at their own will if it is a must, and since mechanics in the game requires complicated achievements of completing it, the less player there are the better and faster they complete it.

All of these scammers are just a bunch of nerds or greedy ass donkeys that takes advantage of the ignorance of players on the server, if players where to be a lot more smarter with their decisions, this wouldn't happen, eventually scamming will die out in the game, ED literally needs to think of a solution in order to avoid these sorts of problems and so that they don't have to face anymore complaints and reports from players that got scammed literally.

It would be a good idea for them to embrace the idea that Service runs is now a norm in the game created by players who wanted to earn more gold by providing players their utmost ability of doing a service run on the most hardcore nests so that those who are paying them would achieve better items to very well equip the needs and necessities of their characters, and thus the scamming methods of those scums would get less and less until one day we can just see through the days without anyone being scammed through normal ways ingame.

Sadly, human trash like these will continue to blatantly scam people when they know ED simply doesn't give a single fuck. This is why scammers on the server are going on a rampant.

Truth is, just doing a very simple trade tracking will be enough to reveal where all the scammed loot go to. I remember [GM]Hammer from Cherry Credits used to actively track down and permanently ban RMT/Scammers/Hackers and all accounts related. I wonder if any old beta players could remember that CC used to periodically release a long list of players who got banned for various offences.

It is doing stuff like these that keeps the game healthy and make scammers/hackers/RMT think twice before their actions, but apparently it seem to me that the one and only priory for ED is to generate their own profits.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        The bad guys doesn't go away even if there were countermeasures to fight off these scammers, eventually there will be scams and it will never die out in this game, considering that a lot of players that invests on buying CC to either provide for themselves or to sell out to players in exchange for gold is actually making them the profit easily, and so the scammers take advantage of this and makes it their scheme to get easy gold.

I know i am going overboard by saying something like this but i would like to say it eitherway... I can say for sure, some of these scammers that steals all the gold from these players tend to sell it for real money, and in order for them to get the best out of it, they tend to invest a little bit of cash into the game to make their characters believably strong and capable of doing a svc run on a particular type of service run, and here comes players that has the gold ready to pay, they easily trust the guy that will scam them even though people knows that it's a high risk of being scammed and that everything that isn't connected towards the ingame trading system such as Trading House or personal trade is a risk they will have to take, and that svc runs doesn't have an entirely feature in the game, it's only what other players does and that we have created in order to make use of the abilities and take advantage of being the few who are capable of doing nests and that we could provide players that are weaker easy access to any high-end tier items in exchange for payment, which is in the form of gold.

The problem with ED is that they already have a lot of things on their hands, although they are playing deaf and blind at the issues they should be facing in order to further improve the players of DN a better gaming experience by getting rid of all these stinking heaping pile of donkey shite scummers who's purpose is nothing but to cause depression and deceit towards the hard working players who had their hard earned gold stolen in just of a few clicks of the mouse button, not to mention they are ignorant of the schemes happening ingame but i can't really take pity on people who doesn't plan ahead in time, and age doesn't matter whether that victim is a kid or not, and there's a lot of older players out there that still got scammed because they weren't careful enough.

And i hate the fact that ED is enforcing the idea of having to participate on any eye gacha event will get you the best gear available in the game in just a few clicks of a button instead of depressingly enhancing your gear 1 by 1 and spending a lot of time earning up those gold and lebrium points as to where you can just buy a few gacha box, you get the gear a few weeks later, and you avoid extensive farming hours of earning the gold, easy gear for you, easy cash grab for ED, and that is why they actually removed the VIP membership of the golden goose guild, to further thin out the possibility of getting good gear by mainly farming and not spending any real money at all in just a timeline of a few months, and not everybody has the time for that, but ofc it's all by preference, as long as the player is happy, but in my opinion, ED is no different from any other game company on this industry such as EA and Bethesda Game Studios, all they think about is how to get that filthy money from players who are literally into getting whatever ingame item they want to get.
    Working...
    X